Welcome to Manchester.

This is the story of four characters picked to live in a warehouse and get their lives taped. Find out what happens when geeks stop being polite and start blowing things up. nothing comes naturally: the forum.

Welcome to Manchester.

Postby CubeOtter on Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:47 pm

Hi there! It looks like we have a forum. I would like to thank Mercury Hat who created this forum in no less than 12 minutes after I posted the request. Thank you and a happy yay!

So, I'm Cube. At least I'm not hyper, yet. I'm probably going to be the lead on moderating the forum, quite possibly because I'm the one mostly likely to be looking at it.

Requests are quite happily taken. Part of me wants to put up a sticky FAQ just because I can (first non-private forum I've run in quite a while), but the question of course is whether there are frequently asked questions when most comments on nocona to date have been in Moment's journal. And they haven't been questions as such. ;) Mostly jaws dropping, I think.

We have a preplanned 5-year arc... okay, no we don't. Would you believe a cheese sandwich?
--
CubeOtter cubeotter,gmail,com
What do you use to paddle? Ors! Ors! Ors!
otter, "<a href="http://nocona.comicgenesis.com/">nothing comes naturally</a>"
Live it! Breathe it! Become one with it!
CubeOtter

Postby Doodles on Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:30 am

Only if it comes with Ginsu steak knives and a large order of onion rings.
Doodles

Postby CubeOtter on Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:31 pm

Ginsu we can do. Onion rings... no dice. :)
--
CubeOtter

Postby Doodles on Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:45 pm

No dice? Then I'll settle for tiddly winks.
Doodles

Re: Welcome to Manchester.

Postby Trevorcat on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:07 pm

CubeOtter wrote:We have a preplanned 5-year arc... okay, no we don't. Would you believe a cheese sandwich?

[Siegfried voice]I find that very hard to believe, Mr. Otter.[/Siegfried voice]

Yay, forums.
Trevorcat

Postby MassTreble on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:57 pm

I've got my hat and a sack lunch: I think I'm ready for the forums. Question is, is the forum ready for me?
MassTreble

Hoo-ray! Nocona is finally online!

Postby Elory Burke on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:57 am

Oh my God! I can't believe you guys are finally doing it. I know you must hear this all the time, but... I'm, like, your biggest fan. Seriously - I've been following nocona ever since the early script leaked out from Troma Video when Hal Warren was supposed to be the director. But then, like, I have the article from Variety when Jeanette Kahn had bought the rights to make a line of nasal spray products with the brand, and she ended up trading it with the Uzbekistan mob for fifteen days of schedules from George Clooney's PDA. Remember when they went on to open the line of Nocona Love Hotels? I went all over Eastern Europe to try to find one and steal the towels.
And then! OMIGOD! When the mob boss' daughter was kidnapped by the giant squid Othmagox who took nocona to an estuary in Brazil, I never thought I'd see it again! But it was found later in the basement of Ted Kaczynski's mom's house and sold at a yard sale for fifteen cents and a packet of Smarties, and I so wished I had been there. For a brief moment, anyone could have had nocona!
But I was so psyched when I heard you had acquired the rights again! Dare I ask what you had to do to get them back?

Love,
Your Biggest Fan
And I'd Totally Do You
Elory Burke

Postby CubeOtter on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:22 pm

Oh Gods... Season 0? You ... ugh. It's been too long since we dealt with Season Zero. Ugh, the pain, the pain, the mockups... the painful mockups... *shiver* Mind you, it was much goopier, and there were some advantages to not worrying about the script so much.

Actually, for a while it looked like nocona had mysteriously disappeared - I mean, after getting to the 'Stans you're basically toast...

How we got it back? ...erm... um.. *gulp* Ever heart of the Goonies? It was like that, except replace most of it with Niagara Falls. It wasn't... pretty. But the Ceeb wanted it, and... well... we were broke. As was in fact the theme for most of Season 0, as you probably know.

On the other hand, we did get a documentary out of it, although I think the film stock for that has gone missing...
--
CubeOtter

Postby Alaskawolf on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:43 am

hey there nice to see a foum :)

great site and awesome comic.

im your farthest north reader :P
straight roads are for fast cars but turns and curves are for fast drivers
Alaskawolf
Regular Poster

Return to nothing comes naturally