Fangirls at the Gate

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: Fangirls at the Gate

Postby Athos on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 am

Heh. Integra pulling the sword from Timmy. That'll be nice.
Athos
Regular Poster

Postby Alcione_Gallos on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:56 pm

I sense epicness. :D
Alcione_Gallos

Postby Xuanwu on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Nekkid time!

Is Tim the first character to see adult Integra naked other than Alucard? Walter obvious saw her when a child from being a butler, but I doubt he did with the adult. We know Alucard peeped. I think the most Seras saw was Integra in her undies back when they changed in "Shine or Die" (not that it happened due to timey wimey). Hmmm.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Priest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 pm

This may be an odd observation to make during nekkid time, but I notice that glasses are not a part of it.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Starcat5 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:31 am

Anyone mind translating the font in the last panal? I can't make out some of the words.
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby Athos on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 am

Starcat5 wrote:Anyone mind translating the font in the last panal? I can't make out some of the words.

I believe it reads "Rose of the noble castle.... power of Dios that sleeps within me... heed your master and come forth!"

Hmm... I wonder if those trippy dueling songs are tied to the arena or the sword. Because Integra needs a good one.
Athos
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 am

(reads latest strip)

How in the world is Timothy going to pull this off? Isn't Anthy the holder of the Sword of Dios?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Athos on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Nice dress for Timmy. And that black outfit really suits Integra.
Athos
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 pm

I imagine Integra's duel song could be the remix of Logos Naki World. "Bachelorette" by Bjork also works (there's a great Utena AMV set to it).

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nesmin on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:28 am

I love that Integra's uniform includes a tie!
Nesmin

Postby FelinaofL2 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:49 am

Wow... Timothy looks so elegant and lovely in that dress. :D
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby flyboy254 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:06 pm

I gotta know, is the crossdressing thing actually from the original series that we're taking this from?
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby yamiangie on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:34 pm

for Interga's role sort of. From what I understand it was one of those Girl wants to be the knight in shinning armor girl mangas. The review i watched mostly ranted about over use of stock footage and repeated plots for the anime. (thought he is our ranty anime reviewer) That stairway that's forming is one of them.
yamiangie
Regular Poster

Postby Athos on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Sorta. Integra's taking the role of Utena, who wore a very non-standard boys' uniform and a similar dueling outfit. Timmy's filling in for Anthy, the girl who gave him this power back when he went to Japan with Heinkel and Yumiko.

Because it is appropriate: Zettai unmei mokushiroku.

I feel old. Guess a license lapsing and a series going out of print for a few years really makes a difference. But there's a new edition out now that's supposed to be better and shinier.
Athos
Regular Poster

Postby yamiangie on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:03 pm

i had heard that it was an expressive series. I can't remember if that was because it was out of print or the box sets were overpriced to begin with. Old episodes of anime world order tend to blend together after a while.
yamiangie
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:16 am

I'd STILL like to know what happened to the rest of Millennium all during this adventure. I know what happened to Doc, Schro and Zorin... but what about the Captain, Rippy and the Dandy Man?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:29 am

BigKwell wrote:I'd STILL like to know what happened to the rest of Millennium all during this adventure. I know what happened to Doc, Schro and Zorin... but what about the Captain, Rippy and the Dandy Man?

The Dandy was fatally shot by overseas Iscariot agent Stephen Colbert: http://sailorptah.deviantart.com/art/An ... -174190231
The Captain is currently fighting Reseda: http://hellsing.comicgenesis.com/d/20110520.html
And Rip is in Paris. where Madeline is planning to fight her...just as soon as she's secured Lupin's help.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby BigKwell on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks Erin.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:14 pm

SailorPtah wrote:And Rip is in Paris. where Madeline is planning to fight her...just as soon as she's secured Lupin's help.

And since they're both plucky young girls bent on adventure, it'll end on a huge musical number and the two becoming BFF's! And Lupin will make off with something shiny.

At least, that's how I wish it'd end... XD

I am totally humming Mokushiroku right now. Integra had better use these powers wisely, or she might end up transformed into a car!

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby flyboy254 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Wait, she didn't even bother to kill the madman? :-?
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
flyboy254
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now