Eurekon!

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: Eurekon!

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:*Dance!*? I coulda sworn Duck lived somewhere in Europe...

Anyway, it's very nice to see Incognito get totally humiliated. I must admit though that I don't recognize most of the girls there. But... is that Cure White delivering one of those kicks? It's kinda hard to tell from just a foot, but it seems familiar at least.

Rule of Cool applies here, cause if we thought of the continuity errors here, we'd get a headache.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby baobhansidhe on Sun May 01, 2011 12:05 am

Oooh, Magical Girls! My specialty~
I spy the personages and/or weapons of
Kinomoto Sakura of Cardcaptor Sakura
Hmm...I wanna say the girl in orange is from Mai HiME.
Someone whom I assume is from Magic Knight Rayearth
Takamichi Nanoha of the multiple Nanoha series
Rolling Bubbles and Powered Buttercup of Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z
Suzumiya Haruhi of the eponymous series of light novels and anime
Mew Ichigo (Momomiya Ichigo) and Mew Lettuce (Midorikawa Retasu) of Tokyo Mew Mew
Anarchy Stocking of Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt
Princess Tutu (Ahiru the duck) of Princess Tutu

That diamond-patterned boot and red flats look familiar, as does the dark pants-leg. I don't recognize the yellow girl.
EDIT: Aha! Through the power of google, I can say that Orange girl is totes from Mai HiME!
Yellow girl is Cure Pine (Yamabuki Inori) from Fresh Pretty Cure.
Fill The Moon on TVTropes! Fill The Moon and One Great Circle on Fanfiction.net!
Because I can't pimp my friend's fanfiction universe enough.
Banner and avatar by myself.
baobhansidhe

Postby Xuanwu on Sun May 01, 2011 1:24 am

Chaos Priest wrote:But... is that Cure White delivering one of those kicks? It's kinda hard to tell from just a foot, but it seems familiar at least.

Yes, that is the original Precure delivering a physical blow.

Haruhi being present and aware of the supernatural explains a LOT about the Shineverse, actually...

Indeed.

I'm glad you all are doing so well at spotting the cameos. I basically tried to cram every non-Sailor Moon magical girl in there.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby yamiangie on Sun May 01, 2011 5:21 am

so I guess that kiss by Kyon didn't work or something. Or maybe she thinks they are all cosplayers and a school festival was happening.
yamiangie
Regular Poster

Postby BethE on Sun May 01, 2011 9:11 am

I believe that the ornate gun and diamond boots belong to the same anime, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Mami's gun, Homura's shoes. The red flats don't look like Madoka's or Kyoko's shoes. Maybe Madoka's.
BethE

Postby SailorPtah on Sun May 01, 2011 7:23 pm

BethE wrote:I believe that the ornate gun and diamond boots belong to the same anime, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Mami's gun, Homura's shoes. The red flats don't look like Madoka's or Kyoko's shoes. Maybe Madoka's.

I was waiting for someone to recognize the PMMM cameos! Xuanwu didn't include those in his suggested list, but I couldn't leave them out.

I think the only ones who haven't been identified are the red flats, the boot with dark blue/black pants, and the blue skirt with frills. All hail from series who have other members that have been guessed, so it shouldn't be hard :D
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Soap Lady on Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Hey, was that The Rani? eeeEEE!
Soap Lady

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Well, I did say 'mad scientist' was more her hat than the Master's.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby baobhansidhe on Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 am

The only candidate for the red flats I've found is Stocking's sister, Panty. Except Panty's shoes are actually heels.
Also, 'shouldn't be hard?' MY HEAD HURTS FROM ALL THE GOOGLING.
Fill The Moon on TVTropes! Fill The Moon and One Great Circle on Fanfiction.net!
Because I can't pimp my friend's fanfiction universe enough.
Banner and avatar by myself.
baobhansidhe

Postby flyboy254 on Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 am

I just want to take a moment to announce, for those who don't already know, that our own war happy maniac, Osama Bin Laden, is dead. Feel free to react in your own manner.
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby Soap Lady on Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Kazokuhouou wrote:Well, I did say 'mad scientist' was more her hat than the Master's.

Yes, indeed! I wish she would come back in the new series.
Soap Lady

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon May 02, 2011 8:32 pm

And there go the lingering shreds if Doc's dignity. I wonder what he's gonna do now?
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Soap Lady wrote:
Kazokuhouou wrote:Well, I did say 'mad scientist' was more her hat than the Master's.

Unlikely to happen any time soon, rumor has it that the character's creators haven't transferred the copyright to her to The Moff.

Also, thanks very kindly, the mental image of Fran as a magical girl will...well, she'll do somethign to my dreams. (Not good or bad, just...weird dreams.)
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby NeoDaedalus on Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 am

Ah, poor Dok. If I hadn't read vol. 10 of the manga, I'd probably feel kinda sorry for him. As it is, I sort of do... but it's overwhelmed by a sense of schadenfreude.
NeoDaedalus

Postby Ghostfriendly on Tue May 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Don't do it Fran! Shoot the Kyuubee!
Ghostfriendly

Postby Xuanwu on Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Franken Fran as a Puella Magi? Oh, god, the possibilities. (I hope Erin does fanart of this and doesn't just tease us!) Her wish would probably be...well, let's not picture that.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby flyboy254 on Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Ptah, if you make Fran a magical girl, so help me, I will make it so Mr. Rogers comes back from the dead and gives you a stern talking to!
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed May 04, 2011 9:27 pm

My condolences on the loss of your great-grandfather Erin.

On a less serious subject, I see that the Major is one to keep his priorities straight.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Soap Lady on Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Kazokuhouou wrote:
Soap Lady wrote:

Unlikely to happen any time soon, rumor has it that the character's creators haven't transferred the copyright to her to The Moff.

That's a shame. Seeing another survived Time Lord would be excellent. It would be just like her to submerge herself in research and ignore the Time War.
Soap Lady

Postby flyboy254 on Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Ding dong, the Doc is gone! That crazy ol' mad nazi's gone, ding dong the nazi doc is dead!

flyboy254
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now