Eurekon!

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Eurekon!

Postby flyboy254 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Alright, a short interlude before the final battle! Now, let's just take a look at the first page and...

*Stares*

Oh no...Oh, oh God no, not him! Not him! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
flyboy254
Regular Poster

Re: Eurekon!

Postby Starcat5 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Heh. Is he REALLY "Back from the dead" if he never existed before in the first place?
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 am

Full of mad scientists? Huh, the only one I see in image there is Herr Doctor. But wait... if that's the Holy Grail up top...

*SQUEE* Is the Professor going to be in this storyline?! Puh-LEASE say that the Professor is in this storyline! That guy's the best Sailor Moon villain ever!
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:14 am

*gasp* You mean we'll actually get to see the senshi fight? EEEEE.

[[Also, the 'Discuss this storyline' link still keeps going to the guest strips thread']]
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Yes! Erin finally consented to let me write a little of the Hellsing x Sailor Moon crossover we've always wanted to see. The original draft was 20 pages of mad science, epic battles, and heartfelt character development (and trust me when I say that was the abbreviated version - you all saw how long Shine or Die was). The final product will probably be a couple weeks of Sunday length strips.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby flyboy254 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:09 pm

So do we get 10 points for each scientist we identify?
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm

flyboy254 wrote:So do we get 10 points for each scientist we identify?

How about 10 minutes to play with an invention of theirs?

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby FelinaofL2 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Wait... Can it truly be..? E-Erin... *sparkly watery shoujo eyes* My childhood has appeared in this comic! :D

IT'S DR. FORRESTER AND TV'S FRANK!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! *nerdgasm*
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:01 pm

FelinaofL2 wrote:Wait... Can it truly be..? E-Erin... *sparkly watery shoujo eyes* My childhood has appeared in this comic! :D

IT'S DR. FORRESTER AND TV'S FRANK!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! *nerdgasm*

"Push the button, Frank!"

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Soap Lady on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:15 pm

So far I see:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Dr Membrane
Dr Horrible
Dr Forrester and TV's Frank
Angelic Layer's Icchan
And...Agatha Heterodyne, GIRL GENIUS!

There's only two I don't recognize and that's the guy in gray and the blonde.

Little help?

Soap Lady
Last edited by Soap Lady on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soap Lady

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Soap Lady wrote:The Professor

That's not me. Though I do admit I look like most anime mad scientists out there. :D

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Soap Lady on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Xuanwu wrote:

That's not me. Though I do admit I look like most anime mad scientists out there. :D

Dang
Soap Lady

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Soap Lady wrote:
Xuanwu wrote:

Dang

Glad to know someone wanted to see me appear! I think I gave myself a small cameo later on, though. Since Erin edited it down and hasn't revealed to me how she altered it, I'll be as kept in suspense as the rest of you on this.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Soap Lady on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Xuanwu wrote:Glad to know someone wanted to see me appear! I think I gave myself a small cameo later on, though. Since Erin edited it down and hasn't revealed to me how she altered it, I'll be as kept in suspense as the rest of you on this.

Of course we do, silly man. Although upon closer inspection, I think that may actually be Icchan from Angelic Layer

SL
Soap Lady

Postby Starcat5 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 am

*Ponders* For some reason our mystery lady reminds me of the phrase "Pink Heart Evil", except she is both too tall and too thin to be good (?) old Beta. But still, keep en eye out for gerbils, just in case.
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Starcat5 wrote:*Ponders* For some reason our mystery lady reminds me of the phrase "Pink Heart Evil", except she is both too tall and too thin to be good (?) old Beta. But still, keep en eye out for gerbils, just in case.

I am almost certain that it is Beta.

Also, I agree, I think it's Icchan.

(When I wrote this, I listed a whole bunch of mad scientists and said, "Pick from these or add more." So I have to guess a bit, as well.)

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby yamiangie on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:38 pm

they guy with the beard reminds me of the master.
yamiangie
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:16 pm

yamiangie wrote:they guy with the beard reminds me of the master.

I thought that too, specificially Ainley!Master, but 'mad scientist' is more the Rani's hat.

Also, eeeee, Fran! (Given what's about to happen, hope she brought Veronica!)
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Soap Lady on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:46 pm

"New Millenium", eh? Does that mean Dok is showing up?
Soap Lady

Postby flyboy254 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 am

Aw! Eeeugh, why the hell is Fran there? Now I have to go see my shrink.

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Next

Return to And Shine Heaven Now