Triptych: Part I

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Triptych: Part I

Post by Chaos Priest »

FYI: It was sooooo tempting to make this thread title a Star Wars joke, but I wasn't sure if "The Vampire Menace" would be accurate, and "The Catholic Menace" sends all kinds of wrong signals.

Anyway, I gotta say that the cover art for this storyline looks great.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Re: Triptych: Part I

Post by SailorPtah »

I spent way too long trying to figure out a clever/punny title (or set of titles) for this group of storylines. Relating to a famous triptych, or a line of classic poetry about trios, or a pun on good things coming in threes, or...

Then I decided to relax, go with the simple title that first popped into my head, and focus on sorting out the story ^_^;

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Post by flyboy254 »

So any help for the less classically inclined? What exactly does "Triptych" mean?
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Oh, come on, at least check Wikipedia before asking something like that :(

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Post by flyboy254 »

Sorry if I offended. :oops:
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

Can't wait until the first story. :D
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

yamiangie
Regular Poster

Post by yamiangie »

Delirium, now everything makes scene. And she's so cute

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

:ick:

CRUD!!! Maurice Gibb must be rolling in his grave!!!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Wow. Enrico just went from psychotically-evil insane to wearing-your-underwear-on-your-head-with-a-couple-of-pencils-shoved-up-your-nose insane.

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Post by flyboy254 »

Okay, this is one I can't search a wiki for, who's the shoulder...ballerina?

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

That would be Delirium of the Endless:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_%28comics%29

Her sister Death has been hanging around the comic a lot lately, and Dream has showed up at least once.

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Post by flyboy254 »

Ah, another Sandman immigrant. Makes sense, really.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

Enrico... you... are... so... DEAD!!! :lol:
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Yeah, that singing was practically a war crime. I also just have to say, I'm sure there are many a fan out there who were hoping to see Integra riding Seras :wink:

Seriously though, riding in on a demonic-winged creature like that while brandishing your sword is one heck of an entrance.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

So Integra and Seras replace Rippy in the "bringing Enrico back to Earth" part. I wonder how it'll play out, though, since Enrico is very likely to surrender and cower when she sticks a sword in his face and she's not the sort who'd stab him for the heck of it after he calls off the attack. Since we know he's going to die, that leaves him doing something desperate and stupid that backfires. (Also, Anderson.)

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

Xuanwu wrote:So Integra and Seras replace Rippy in the "bringing Enrico back to Earth" part. I wonder how it'll play out, though, since Enrico is very likely to surrender and cower when she sticks a sword in his face and she's not the sort who'd stab him for the heck of it after he calls off the attack. Since we know he's going to die, that leaves him doing something desperate and stupid that backfires. (Also, Anderson.)
And I'm still convinced Timothy will play a part, to be the last betrayal (in Enrico's eyes, anyway. To us it'd probably be a Crowning Moment of Awesome.)

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Xuanwu wrote:So Integra and Seras replace Rippy in the "bringing Enrico back to Earth" part. I wonder how it'll play out, though, since Enrico is very likely to surrender and cower when she sticks a sword in his face...
Not necessarily. The man has completely lost it at this point after all. Heck, after the glimpse of the future he was given he might decide to try and stop the GRIMDARK future where Iscariot and Hellsing get along by trying to take Integra out himself.

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Post by flyboy254 »

Can we please use Flight of the Valkyries for this scene? I think Lt.Col. Kilgore would agree with it's use.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

And now we see why Rippy used *bullets* (well, one bullet) and not a sword when doing this. Also, she went for the chopper since that was an easier target.

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Sorry Integra, you may be awesome, but until you get superhuman strength or a magic sword that just isn't gonna work. Well, I hope she's got some other weapon besides her mount, because this would be a really embarrassing moment to have to retreat.