London's Last Stand

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: London's Last Stand

Postby FelinaofL2 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:11 pm

FelinaofL2 wrote:"She looks like a young girl... but doesn't feel like one."
Additionally, it might be another character entirely, since this is Erin's version of the Final Battle. :wink: We know how much she likes to try and trick us, after all!

:D Ha! Called it!
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:37 pm

I think Integra would have preferred getting eaten by the Nazis.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 am

*reads the comic*

*blinks*

*gets up and grabs one of her brother's nasty tasting Mountain Dews*

*sits down, pops it open, and takes a sip*

*spits all over the monitor.*

WHAT?!
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Keito_Hime on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 am

Marian! XD This is much better than my guess.
Keito_Hime
Regular Poster

Postby flyboy254 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:13 am

*Facepalm* This can go really well, or really horribly!
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby TeamGirlForever on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 am

Eile: Just goes ta show ya, that no matter how serious this comic gets, there's always room for a bit of silliness.

Sunny: But serious, which of us obsessed fangirls WOULDN'T want to protect our beloved Integra?

E: Don't know if this was planned from the "Birthday Bash" story, but it looks like it's a good thing Seras spared Marion, otherwise Integra could have been in real trouble.

S: Yeah, I wonder if she'll apologize to the Draculina?

E: Ya know, it makes sense that true undead would side with Hellsing against Millennium. I mean, after all, freaks could be as big a threat to them as they are ta humans. And why would the Nazis tolerate them any better than they did any other non-Aryans?

S: Alright! The Hellsing Vampire Volunteer Army! We eat Nazi freaks for breakfast!
TeamGirlForever

Postby condonzack on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:07 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
condonzack

Postby flyboy254 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 pm

So we have Marian, where's Laura? She can't be far behind.
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:14 pm

My little idea contribution to the Last Stand plot line. :D

Leave it to Marian to turn a bloody carnage in London into an excuse for a date.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby flyboy254 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Bertie, you coward, get back there and help!

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:08 pm

flyboy254 wrote:Bertie, you coward, get back there and help!

(reads latest strip)

Considering Bertie's luck in accidental engagements, I wouldn't blame him! I think Marian's smitten! I hope Seras gets there in time to save Integra from a fate worse than death! :o
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Darthmiho on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:26 am

*has flashbacks of the Glossups*
Darthmiho
Regular Poster

Postby Starcat5 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:45 am

Xuanwu wrote:Leave it to Marian to turn a bloody carnage in London into an excuse for a date.

"Vampires beg to serve her rather than die by her hand."
"Also, women want her and men want to be her."
So, who wants to bet that she's still around during the "Eagle of Hermes" story arc? :twisted:
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:05 pm

D'oh, didn't even think of that quote from EoH.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby flyboy254 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 pm

It's not exactly like Marian is "begging" for service instead of death, is she?

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby Starcat5 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:51 pm

flyboy254 wrote:It's not exactly like Marian is "begging" for service instead of death, is she?

Well, less "for" service, as much as "to" service. X_x¡

Besides, what he said in that comic was generalized comon knowlage, not precise facts. Details tend to get lost when government gets involved, after all.
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby flyboy254 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 pm

*Looks at avatar pic* I have no idea what you mean, fellow law abiding citizen!

flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby Starcat5 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:55 pm

flyboy254 wrote:*Looks at avatar pic* I have no idea what you mean, fellow law abiding citizen!

*Looks at the spy drone*

...nah. I stand by my statement. With some parts trying to find out the truth, other parts trying to supress the truth, and still MORE parts only promoting the bits that make them look good REGARDLESS of the truth, the only reason so much of the truth survived as it did was that there were attacks on BOTH the US and UK, and their respective media groups (who would have muddled things up even more) were able to compare notes. :wink:
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey, all - glad that last twist went over well, and thanks again to Xuan for suggesting it ^_^

I wanted to apologize for the hitch in the updates. I've had trouble sleeping recently, and have kind of fallen behind. But I promise I'll catch up on strips soon (hopefully tomorrow), including the missed ones. Cheer me on! (But quietly, since I'll probably be going to bed right after posting this.)

In the meantime: what characters do you want to see next? There are a ton of them to cover, and I'll get to everybody's subplots in due time; but if there's someone that you're particularly curious about, just say the word and I may be able to put them on stage soon.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby flyboy254 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:13 pm

I say everyone's favorite migonette, she'd probably be the only one really able to protect Integra at this point. Laura too.

flyboy254
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now