AND SHINE SIMPLE HEROES... THE FANFICTION!

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

AND SHINE SIMPLE HEROES... THE FANFICTION!

Postby BigKwell on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:29 pm

A while back, I posted about somebody doing a fanfiction dealing with the various side stories of the current storyline, which includes references to past storylines. So now, I'm starting a dedicated thread to the series.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6197860/1/And_Shine_Simple_Heroes

Let's hear what you think. 8-)
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Re: AND SHINE SIMPLE HEROES... THE FANFICTION!

Postby flyboy254 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:19 am

No, seriously, I want criticism on this story from you people!

Criticise meeeeeee!

And just in case anyone in wondering, here's a list of series involved. Bit of an update from an AN already in the story.

The Warbucks Organization-Made up of various agents and fighters, the Warbuck's organization is the power broker in much of the Western Hemisphere, it's agents some of the best trained and equipped of any organization on Earth.

Gunsmith Cats-Agents under the employ of Warbucks, Rally and May are the go to girls when Anne has a problem she needs solved fast.
The X-Files-An unassigned project outside the bureau mainstream, Mulder and Scully are called because of their experience with the paranormal.
Bad Company-Brought on because of their track record of succeeding despite maddening odds, the expendable men of Bad Company are brought in to support Rally and her team.
The Ghostbusters-Paranormal exterminators and researchers, they are New York's single best chance of beating back the undead hordes without resorting to religious dogma
NYPD/FDNY-Public servants from all over New York, the men and women of the NYPD and FDNY aren't just going to wait around and let their city be taken over by the dead, odds be damned.
MIB-Despite dealing mainly with ETs, the Men In Black can be called on in case the situation threatens the survival of the Earth Refugee Zone.
SG-1-Main exploratory team of Stargate Command, SG-1 is considered the best chance America has when the odds of success against superior enemies aren't good.
Area 51-"Dreamland", "Groom Lake", and "No Such Base", Area 51 has nothing to do with aliens, but it is the classified testing ground for America's more...clandestine weapons systems.
Burt Gummer-Contracted by Warbucks after his two successes against the graboid cryptids, Mr. Gummer is a survivalist with a knowledge of firearms and explosives second to none.
Val MacKee, Earl Basset, Grady Hoover-Friends of Burt who also fought the graboid menace, the three are professional handymen/ostrich breeders/theme park owners, and all are experts at improvised plans.
Det. Martin Riggs, Det. Roger Murtaugh-A pair of mismatched cops with little in common, Riggs and Murtagh's polarized personalities enable them to draw on each other to survive even the most dangerous cases.
Det. Leon Orcot-Constant (unsuccessful) investigator of the small petshop in LA's Chinatown, Orcot has dealt with many things that he can't explain, but he won't let a few shambling lunatics get in the way of his case.
Count D-The mysterious pet shop owner in Chinatown, D knows all manner of strange and mystical creatures, and has no concern in dealing with the supernatural.
Deadpool-*Takes keyboard from Flyboy* Alright, I'll describe myself, thank you! All these other guys don't have anything on me! I'm a gunman of unmatched skill, I'm an expert swordsman, and I never fail! And anyone who calls me a Mary Sue should go throw themselves under a bus before I get to them!
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
flyboy254
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:56 pm

I think that, despite the somewhat-apathetic reception this thread is getting, I like the series! :D
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby flyboy254 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:45 am

And that's the ballgame, story finished! If anyone would care to drop a review, I wouldn't mind.
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
flyboy254
Regular Poster

Return to And Shine Heaven Now