Fangirls of the Greatest Generation

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Re: Fangirls of the Greatest Generation

Post by FelinaofL2 »

SwordKing wrote:Actually Brynnie-chan, the African American girl is Ronald-Ann Smith from Bloom County. Erin says the last girl comes from a comic that's still running. But it must be a comic my paper doesn't carry because I haven't the foggiest who she is.
My only guess would've been April (or maybe Elisabeth?) from For Better or For Worse....
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

FelinaofL2 wrote:
My only guess would've been April (or maybe Elisabeth?) from For Better or For Worse....
The problem with that is April's Canadian, why would she be in an American class? Though if it is I sincerely hope she survives since she is the ONLY person in FBOFW that has her head screwed on right. (Well, a couple others, but lets face it, her own creator hated her)

FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Post by FelinaofL2 »

Kazokuhouou wrote:
FelinaofL2 wrote:
The problem with that is April's Canadian, why would she be in an American class? Though if it is I sincerely hope she survives since she is the ONLY person in FBOFW that has her head screwed on right. (Well, a couple others, but lets face it, her own creator hated her)
I had no idea that comic was Canadian!
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

Sorry for posting at the wrong thread. Link sent me there.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Keep in mind that "present day" in the Shineverse is 1999. The character in question isn't a twelve-year-old in current newspapers - she's college-aged ^_~

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

FelinaofL2 wrote:
Kazokuhouou wrote:
FelinaofL2 wrote:
I had no idea that comic was Canadian!
Yeah, it is. It just doesn't really play the Canadianness up much, just one time, and that was so morons readers didn't think they were in London, England rather than London, Ontario.

At any rate, I'm drawing a blank, every character I can think of either is blond or runs on Comic Book Time.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Well, we know he never became a husband (Integra's mom was an Indian prostitute he frequented), but at least he cut the mustard as a father.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Xuanwu wrote:Integra's mom was an Indian prostitute he frequented
Not in the Shineverse. Remember who Integra's other grandfather is.

Ghostfriendly

Post by Ghostfriendly »

I guess I shouldn't be suprised that Wooster isn't doing much for the war effort. Even if Jeeves wasn't able to use his own vital role to get him excepted, he would probably have got him out of that predicament with some vague medical excuse.
Xuanwu wrote:Well, we know he never became a husband (Integra's mom was an Indian prostitute he frequented), but at least he cut the mustard as a father.
Ooer, I'd have to guess she became very stern and officious to counteract that background and her father's over-liberal attitude. Integra is really an amazing character.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Ghostfriendly wrote:I guess I shouldn't be suprised that Wooster isn't doing much for the war effort.
Hey now. He may not be serving in the military, but he's relocated to Brinkley Court, where he's helping to take care of a bunch of the children evacuated from London.
Ghostfriendly wrote: I'd have to guess she became very stern and officious to counteract that background and her father's over-liberal attitude.
Even in Hellsing proper, Arthur had calmed down quite a bit by the time he became a father. (Remember the flashback segments in which he's teaching her? He's a typical strict older dad.)

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

[quote="SailorPtah"]
Hey now. He may not be serving in the military, but he's relocated to Brinkley Court, where he's helping to take care of a bunch of the children evacuated from London.

Gives them a good cover story for Walter too.

SwordKing

Post by SwordKing »

Eh, that's great artwork and story set up in today's comic (07/18/10). But I'm a little uneasy with the idea of Hobbes looking like a realistic tiger that walks on all fours.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

:o

Whoh! Hobbes, you've come a long way! :o
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

SwordKing wrote:Eh, that's great artwork and story set up in today's comic (07/18/10). But I'm a little uneasy with the idea of Hobbes looking like a realistic tiger that walks on all fours.
I'm not. Rule of Cool, after all.

FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Post by FelinaofL2 »

Hobbes (and thus Calvin as well) has obviously now taken a level in badass because of the attacks.

Doesn't mean he won't go back to the adorable fuzzball we love once everything's over. He's a tiger after all- they know when to be badass and when to seem harmless. :D

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

What the - he's a - real - but........eeh?

.....(GLOMP) YAY! :D
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde

yamiangie
Regular Poster

Post by yamiangie »

maybe be he's one of the rare times D's shop was dealing in stuffed animals.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

yamiangie wrote:maybe be he's one of the rare times D's shop was dealing in stuffed animals.
http://sailorptah.deviantart.com/art/Ca ... -100759631 -- definitely :D

Fooxie
Regular Poster

Post by Fooxie »

A little late to the party, I think, but I gotta say - Hobbes is epic.

Oh, and I just feel like mentioning that I got my sister into Hellsing (I can't seem to keep her out of my room - she keeps sneaking in to read the manga...). And then we spent some sisterly bonding time reading SHINE today. She scared our poor cat with her happy shriek when we got to the "Body Swap of the Invaders" storyline. She's a Millennium fan. :P

Phasma

Post by Phasma »

Finally registered on the forums so I could say that the Calvin and Hobbes stuff is both adorable and epic. Looking forward to whatever further crossovers you've got planned for the big finish. Whether or not the Doctor actually puts in an appearance, I think I might have to write a fic about Eleven and Amy taking on a squadron of freaks or something.

That said, I'd take bets on Walter and Girlycard being found in a compromising position, but... this is a Fangirls story-arc. ...bets on them NOT getting caught in an awkward spot? Any takers?