An Eye for An Eye

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: An Eye for An Eye

Postby Brynnie-chan on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:39 pm

...Weird as it is, I understand his choice. It IS an illusion. He knows it. But it's the best illusion he could possibly have been given, and he'll die a happy man. (sigh)
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:58 pm

OH SWEET LORD THIS IS AWESOME.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:09 pm

NO BLEEPING WAY!!! :o

I've been getting into Petshop of Horrors recently, and THIS strip happens. Wow, what timing. (And Chris is adorable~~~ :D)
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 pm

(reads latest strip)

I'd like to know what is happening in Chicago right now! Is Rally and May dealing with ghouls at this moment?

And B.T.W.... how's Annie doing?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Vulpis on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:28 am

Heh--I read this, and think 'Hmm, Chris and Leon...better get used to the zombies, guys, you're going to be seeing a lot of them.' Yeah, I know, wrong Chris and Leon. They'll probably wish they had a 'Master of Unlocking' around at some point, though. :-)
Vulpis

Postby Alisa makora on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:08 pm

D! Leon! Chris! Honlon! yessss~!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I will always be a fan of PSoH. Thanks Erin, you just made my day!
Alisa makora

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Alisa makora wrote:D! Leon! Chris! Honlon! yessss~!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I will always be a fan of PSoH. Thanks Erin, you just made my day!

Totally made mine too :shucks:

what made my day even better...is the TVTropes link<3
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:36 pm

(reads latest strip)

Hate to say this... but it looks like they're going to be scraping the squad leader off the walls.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby seagullsong on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:19 am

I gotta say, I'm loving the little labels during the action scenes. Table!
seagullsong

Postby Brynnie-chan on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:25 am

When did Chris appear? I didn't get too far in the mangas, I'm sad to say. I borrowed them all from a friend who recently moved. ;-;

Also, are we still allowed to submit song parodies? I've got one that's been done for a while and one in the works.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:01 pm

Brynnie-chan wrote:When did Chris appear? I didn't get too far in the mangas, I'm sad to say. I borrowed them all from a friend who recently moved. ;-;

Also, are we still allowed to submit song parodies? I've got one that's been done for a while and one in the works.

Chris appears in volume 5, and remains through almost the end. He's a lot of fun.

You can submit song parodies any time you want ^_^
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby BigKwell on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

(reads latest strip)

I sincerely doubt any of the Nazi vampires in the attack group would be referring to Zorin as boss. I looked up SS ranks on Wikipedia and I believe they should've said 'Obersturmführer', which would roughly translate as 'first lieutenant'. I might be wrong, of course, so could somebody back me up?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:34 am

Zorin forgot to mention that it was "Strip Go-Fish." And by "strip" she means "dismemberment."

I wonder if we're going to get a scene with Chibi-Zorin and Wall-tan running away into the sunset.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Fooxie on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:31 am

Oh snap!
Fooxie
Regular Poster

Postby Winged Knight on Sun May 02, 2010 10:06 am

I would like to mention again that I find it strange that Gaimen's death would be eating popcorn as people try and kill each other. She's never shown enjoyment in her work, just that she is what she is. Death. That and trying to make it less traumatic immediately afterward.

I hope I don't sound harsh or judgmental. I don't mean to be. I love this comic and I love your art. You make a wonderful story. It's just Death treating all this like a show seems... off to me.

All that aside, HIT HER AGAIN PIP!
“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.” Neil Gaiman

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
and kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
and toss the dice until we fly
to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.
Winged Knight
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sun May 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Winged Knight wrote:It's just Death treating all this like a show seems... off to me.

You think? It's not like she's jumping up and down for joy, or egging on the killers, or anything like that. But she doesn't do tears or solemnity or grieving, either. (Especially since she knows what comes next. She's very matter-of-fact about it all.) She's here to do a job, and she'll do it, quite charmingly. Meanwhile, as she's waiting in the wings (she'll be coming onstage next week), War has popcorn and is willing to share, so why not?
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Xuanwu on Sun May 02, 2010 12:32 pm

SailorPtah wrote:Meanwhile, as she's waiting in the wings (she'll be coming onstage next week), War has popcorn and is willing to share, so why not?

There's also the possibility she knows she's in a comic and is choosing to "Sit back and relax." I think she showed 4th wall breaking powers back in "Shine or Die."

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Winged Knight on Sun May 02, 2010 6:52 pm

True, there is that. I agree that she treats it as a job, a duty towards those who will die. She should, since that's what she decided after she lived as a human for a day and met herself. War's treating it like a show. I guess his is just my further confusion for why she was with the Horsemen in the first place. The other three seem to imply they wish to spread their aspects. Death, as Gaimen wrote her, just is. No inclination to make more people die.

But then, now that I think about it a bit more, she hasn't outright said that's what she wants like the others have. So maybe I'm guilty of judgement by association. So I'll just wait and see. I love your writing. I can appreciate it as a writer myself. So I'll just trust in your impeccable ability to make beautiful plot and see where it leads.
“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.” Neil Gaiman

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
and kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
and toss the dice until we fly
to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.
Winged Knight
Regular Poster

Postby yamiangie on Sun May 02, 2010 8:17 pm

you'd think Death would be a bit busy with everything happening? I'm shocked she doesn't have her jogging stuff on. Then again this might me a five min brake between moving soles on and just wanted some popcorn. Or She want's to hang out with a girl that isn't insane, depressed or desire.
yamiangie
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun May 02, 2010 10:35 pm

yamiangie wrote:you'd think Death would be a bit busy with everything happening?

I've been thinking she's not the only Death. But like, the Head Death In Charge, and there are other deaths who are her minions and underlings.

Yes, I realize Irregular Webcomic's done that, and yes, I am suggesting this cause I kinda hope I see Grim in the near future.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now