And All Heaven Broke Loose

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

And All Heaven Broke Loose

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I really think we should be starting a new topic. I noticed that Sunday's strip had "to be continued" at the end. And there is a new entry in the archives for a Yumie/Yumiko arc.
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Re: And All Heaven Broke Loose

Postby BigKwell on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:46 pm

(reads latest strip)

Looks like Heinkel wants to have Yumiko know her selves before she dies.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm getting more of the impression that Heinkel wants Yumi to be able to choose if she wants to find out despite the danger.

Though actually this is making me wonder (seriously wonder, not just a gag wonder), what's Maxwell's opinion on all this? I highly doubt Heinkel is following his orders here, and for that matter that he would be pleased about it either, so what shi is offering Yumi is something that could be highly dangerous for hir as well.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:28 am

Heh, Heinkel having codes to release Yumiko's personalities reminds me of another relationship...

Heinkel: Yumiko! Personality restriction level 0!

Yumiko: Yes, master! [A horde of angelic warrior nuns bursts forth and slaughters all the enemies]

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:22 am

Xuanwu wrote:Heh, Heinkel having codes to release Yumiko's personalities reminds me of another relationship...

Heinkel: Yumiko! Personality restriction level 0!

Yumiko: Yes, master! [A horde of angelic warrior nuns bursts forth and slaughters all the enemies]

I was waiting for someoen to say something like that lol
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 am

...Is it weird that out of all the touching moments in this strip, to me, this is the sweetest one? I mean, Alucard and Integra got a sweet moment, Pip and Seras got a sweet moment, and even Timothy and Anthy got their own moments. But this. This is true loyalty. Something that isn't just based on power, or love, or any one feeling in general. It's the ultimate devotion to someone, that presides over all else, that makes this moment the sweetest to me.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm

She's going for it? Ooh, now this is going to be interesting! I eagerly await what comes next with baited breath.

*sniff sniff*

Anyone got a breath-mint? :oops:
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby KLCtheBookWorm on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:41 am

Brynnie-chan wrote:It's the ultimate devotion to someone, that presides over all else, that makes this moment the sweetest to me.

I agree. And Heinkel in charge of Iscariot just went up in my estimation.
KLCtheBookWorm
Regular Poster

Postby yamiangie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Is it just me or is one a female walter?
yamiangie
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:15 pm

yamiangie wrote:Is it just me or is one a female walter?

(reads latest strip)

I'm not really sure. But I still hate to think that Yumie is the original personality!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Forget that, is the one on the far left a Rose Duelist?

And now the question becomes: who's the original personality?

Just to be contrary, I'm going for the blonde in the back, namely because she's the only one we can't see her face.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Well, my guess as to who's the original is the one in the lower-left corner. My reason for this is having this kind of condition, to this extent, would almost certainly make for a rough life, and she's the only one who looks like she's had one. The reality of All-together Yumi's pre-Iscariot life, so to speak. Of course you could also argue that the baby is the original as that one's about as basic as you can get :wink: :P Well, either way she might want to get used to either diapers or embarrassment if there's any danger of Baby Yumi taking over occasionally. Assuming she lives that long. :shifty:

Anyway, let's see if I can identify these (and name them for the heck of it). Um... I think the one leaning on the far left is an Inner Cool Guy "Archer". The blond woman would be a Pretty Princess personality "Yumi-hime", and below her is Original Yumi. To their right is what I think might be Inner Child (Male) "Yuu-chan" on top of Butler "Yumi-san" (or possibly Harsh School Marm). I think the redhead might be an Amorous Woman personality "Lily". Below her is of course Yumiko, whose clothing is being tugged by Inner Child (Female) "Yumi-chan". Then we have Yumie. Next to her is Baby Yumi being carried by, uh... Madonna-With-a-Long-Neck Yumi? Eh, I'll just call her "Madonna" until told otherwise (as with all the other Yumis really). And last (and honestly speaking probably least) of all we have John, who while not a personality gets to make a cameo appearance with them anyway.

Anyway, now that the other personalities have been brought out, can they be suppressed again easily, or would it take some time and effort on Iscariot's part to do that? And is her problem going to continue to be along the lines of personalities taking turns driving the body so to speak, or is she now faced with a more "voices in my head" kind of problem (or possibly both)? Either way this is going to be rough, and I have to wonder what kind of an effect having Yumiko as the default for so long will have her, regardless of who the original Yumi might be.
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Keito_Hime on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 am

Chaos Priest wrote:The blond woman would be a Pretty Princess personality "Yumi-hime",
Yumie-Hime = Sailor Scout Princess Yumi? (I know someone might point at the baby for the same reason if I say that... But there's already a Sailor Saturn.)

Far shot but it's a thought since we've seen Pluto before. And I tie that in because looking at them all, it seems like we've seen references/flash backs/moments/(story archs) plot lines that each of the personalities would have felt at home in. Or in the case of Yumi-San, someone they would feel comfortable working with, or working in place of. Maybe that's her Hellsing personality? Her desire to work where she's not going to be tortured/"worked on"? Madonna is very much a SHINE ENGLAND THEN type.

But, most of all, how does Lily piece in? I'm going nuts here because I really feel like I've seen her before.
Keito_Hime
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 am

Chaos Priest wrote:Anyway, let's see if I can identify these (and name them for the heck of it). Um... I think the one leaning on the far left is an Inner Cool Guy "Archer". The blond woman would be a Pretty Princess personality "Yumi-hime", and below her is Original Yumi. To their right is what I think might be Inner Child (Male) "Yuu-chan" on top of Butler "Yumi-san" (or possibly Harsh School Marm). I think the redhead might be an Amorous Woman personality "Lily". Below her is of course Yumiko, whose clothing is being tugged by Inner Child (Female) "Yumi-chan". Then we have Yumie. Next to her is Baby Yumi being carried by, uh... Madonna-With-a-Long-Neck Yumi? Eh, I'll just call her "Madonna" until told otherwise (as with all the other Yumis really). And last (and honestly speaking probably least) of all we have John, who while not a personality gets to make a cameo appearance with them anyway.

Oh, wow. This is surprisingly accurate, and I think I'm going to keep half the names XD

(I will point out that the Inner Cool Guy's name is Yuuki, because that's going to come up in a few strips. The rest of the identifications will come along later.)

The personality with a long neck is a rokurokubo, while the hiding one is basically a hikkomori.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:09 am

Chaos Priest wrote: And last (and honestly speaking probably least) of all we have John, who while not a personality gets to make a cameo appearance with them anyway.

I think John is the best of them all. :lol:
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Yuuki interests me (not the least because, like most anime males with black hair and glasses, he looks like me). Though the little girl going "Pay attention to me" might be interesting, as well.

I'm kind of surprised she doesn't have a heretic inside. Unless one of them has that component?

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby FelinaofL2 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Oh geez, poor Heinkel's got 11 people to deal with now... XD
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Hehehe, she kinda looked like Stephen Colbert there in her expression for a second.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:57 pm

(reads latest strip)

I think that latest statement qualifies as WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Time for the new game of Guess The Yumi Personality! :D

1st panel: I'm guessing it's the "Butler" Yumi.

2nd panel: Probably "Little Girl" Yumi.
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Next

Return to And Shine Heaven Now