War Was Begining

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: War Was Begining

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:19 am

I'm actually gonna create a Tropes account JUST so I can add to that WMG page.

EDIT: there we go..I got known and added my wacky idea
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:49 pm

(reads latest strip)

From what Yumiko is talking about, she almost wishes to die, as atonement for what she feels as her transgression against God.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 pm

(reads latest strip)

I wouldn't blame you, Erin.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Erin should post a hi-res of her "Ah, I love it" chibi on Deviant Art. It's very exploitable (in the 4chan way). Then we could use it for fan art.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:26 pm

HELLO. Didn't see that coming.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Dun dun DUUUN! :o
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Okay, that's kind of a big reveal. "You have more personalities than Jon and Kate have kids!"

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Starcat5 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:22 am

So not creation. Not even a split. More like shattering a plate with her and Yumie being the largest pieces. The big question is, was Yumiko even the origional personality, and if not, does said personality still exist in there?
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:21 am

What I'm wondering is how many of those other personalities are Napoleons :P
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby yamiangie on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 am

So she's the alpha ? That would make Heinkel tucker and I guess Tim Donut
yamiangie
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 am

yamiangie wrote:So she's the alpha ? That would make Heinkel tucker and I guess Tim Donut

You know, except straight.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Kazokuhouou wrote:
yamiangie wrote:So she's the alpha ? That would make Heinkel tucker and I guess Tim Donut

So Maxwell must be Sarge. :D *loving the reference*
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Xuanwu wrote:Okay, that's kind of a big reveal. "You have more personalities than Jon and Kate have kids!"

Hahahahahahaha ..............>_< I hate Jon and Kate plus 8.
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm

FelinaofL2 wrote:
Kazokuhouou wrote:

So Maxwell must be Sarge. :D *loving the reference*

I bet Enrico's new pope mobile looks like a puma.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby BigKwell on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:14 pm

(reads latest strip)

Oh man... Yumiko is NOT going to be happy!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby seagullsong on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

o_0

Man. Yumiko's a sweetheart, but I don't know if anyone could forgive something like that. At least not for a loooong time.

Gosh darn it, Erin, does this pairing really need any more obstacles? :P
seagullsong

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:24 pm

If she believes strongly enough that it's for the greater good she might still forgive it. Of course, her being told that it wasn't her fault and she can't be blamed for Yumie's actions might cause some doubt there as well. Though on the other hand Yumiko not being at fault for Yumie's existence doesn't negate the fact that Yumie does exist. What I think their reasoning might be: even if Iscariot hadn't suppressed the other personalities she'd still be there, and while she might not come out as often she'd still hurt a lot of people when she did, so it would be best to put that violence to a good cause rather then have it unleashed on innocents. Mind you that doesn't address the possibility of somebody getting her help so nobody got hurt, but this is Iscariot we're talking about here.

Anyway, something that caught my eye here is Heinkel saying that the Yumiko personality was the only one submissive and old enough to take care of herself. So, does that mean that Yumi has a child personality? And if so, how young are we talking here? Is it more along the lines of a young teen/grade-school student mind, or are we talking really young, like, Barney and absorbent underpants just in case? Or is it something else entirely, such as the other personalities that wouldn't rebel haven't developed enough or something to act coherently at all times?

And I'm still holding out of a Napoleon.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Mrrout on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:21 am

Chaos Priest wrote:If she believes strongly enough that it's for the greater good she might still forgive it. Of course, her being told that it wasn't her fault and she can't be blamed for Yumie's actions might cause some doubt there as well. Though on the other hand Yumiko not being at fault for Yumie's existence doesn't negate the fact that Yumie does exist. What I think their reasoning might be: even if Iscariot hadn't suppressed the other personalities she'd still be there, and while she might not come out as often she'd still hurt a lot of people when she did, so it would be best to put that violence to a good cause rather then have it unleashed on innocents. Mind you that doesn't address the possibility of somebody getting her help so nobody got hurt, but this is Iscariot we're talking about here.

Anyway, something that caught my eye here is Heinkel saying that the Yumiko personality was the only one submissive and old enough to take care of herself. So, does that mean that Yumi has a child personality? And if so, how young are we talking here? Is it more along the lines of a young teen/grade-school student mind, or are we talking really young, like, Barney and absorbent underpants just in case? Or is it something else entirely, such as the other personalities that wouldn't rebel haven't developed enough or something to act coherently at all times?

good cause..i'm not sure..
Mrrout
Regular Poster

Postby KLCtheBookWorm on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:33 am

Mrrout wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:If she believes strongly enough that it's for the greater good she might still forgive it. Of course, her being told that it wasn't her fault and she can't be blamed for Yumie's actions might cause some doubt there as well. Though on the other hand Yumiko not being at fault for Yumie's existence doesn't negate the fact that Yumie does exist. What I think their reasoning might be: even if Iscariot hadn't suppressed the other personalities she'd still be there, and while she might not come out as often she'd still hurt a lot of people when she did, so it would be best to put that violence to a good cause rather then have it unleashed on innocents. Mind you that doesn't address the possibility of somebody getting her help so nobody got hurt, but this is Iscariot we're talking about here.

good cause..i'm not sure..

If Iscariot was only in the business of getting rid of vampires, that would still bring this view to a morally grey area. But it's vampires and heretics (and pagans probably) they target, so Yumi is targeted on innocents and humans too boot.

Mind you I'm not saying you're wrong. Yumiko might try to rationalize what was done to her exactly how you outlined it.

I'm left feeling that Maxwell's canon death wasn't painful enough. And my copy of Dante's <i>Inferno</i> is at home so researching which circle of hell he'll end up in will have to wait. As much as I love Erin's waiting room for those who got in Integra's way, Maxwell deserves the more gory punishments Hell is capable of.
KLCtheBookWorm
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 pm

(reads latest strip)

I would hate to think that Yumie was the original personality! :o
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

PreviousNext