Ghosts of Iscariot Past

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: Ghosts of Iscariot Past

Postby FelinaofL2 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:30 am

That's Mama Luigi Archbishop Maxwell to you, Timothy!
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Alisa makora on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:27 am

Chaos Priest wrote:[b]

In the first game for example, "diving" into a Reyvateil's Cosmosphere (in other words, entering their mind) is symbolic of sex. So is inserting a crystal into a Reyvateil's body, something most of them need to have done every few months or so or they'll die. This lead to this rather infamous innuendo laden scene from the first game. That's hardly the only point where you can say stuff like "If you know what I mean :wink: " into the game either. As well, you power up your Reyvateils' magic in part by having them dress in costumes, some of which can get very risque. The second game takes it further, with not only the diving and insertion innuendo and the costumes, but you also level up the Reyvateils by having them take a bath together. Some of the bath salts you can use during that have interesting effects as well.

oh wow........ >.>; im still interested in this game, but MAYBE i should wait until i move out... my mothers a bit.... well, lets just say shes very conservative and slightly protective. if she saw some of the shit on my computer and the novel im writeing in my spare time (which vaguely implied homosexuality between two men and a pair of women on a few occasions), she'd die of heart attack.

not to mention the walls here are pretty thin.

thanks for the warning, i'll probably still buy it, just maybe a year from now.
Alisa makora

Postby Winged Knight on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:08 pm

See Maxwell, this is why you're going to die. Looks like you'll be seeing Death again on a much more professional visit.

Still, this was funny. Love it.
“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.” Neil Gaiman

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
and kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
and toss the dice until we fly
to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.
Winged Knight
Regular Poster

Postby Starcat5 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Two updates at once. Also, Timothy's sholder devil... isn't very evil, is he?
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Sexyyyyyyyyyyyy...
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Hmm, I wonder if Timothy's shoulder devil is going to borrow some things from Integra's shoulder devil...
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Hmm... I gotta wonder, is Angel-Timothy's expression in the second panel due to shock at Timothy asking to hear Devil-Timothy's input, or shock at seeing that little black number he was sporting? More seriously, I wonder what hearing about the way his future-self was dressed will effect Timothy now. Less seriously, I also wonder if having Maxwell rave about his wild scar will cause Timothy to borrow a certain ex-accountant-in-a-moth-costume's battle-cry. :P

On a separate subject, Devil-Timothy is actually winning this round. Think about it, there's the old saying about the only thing evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Timothy's already falling into the mindset that there's nothing he can do in the second panel of the most recent comic, and now on top of that his shoulder devil is changing the subject to something else entirely, shifting the focus away from where Timothy might be able to do some good regarding Maxwell's future.

Of course, Maxwell dieing is probably a good thing as far as the world in general is concerned, but redeeming him would still be a far better course of action.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:
Of course, Maxwell dieing is probably a good thing as far as the world in general is concerned, but redeeming him would still be a far better course of action.

Ah but then we get into...well, Monster territory: is it possible for Enrico to be redeemed or has he gone so evil he's nonredeemable?
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:09 am

Kazokuhouou wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:

Ah but then we get into...well, Monster territory: is it possible for Enrico to be redeemed or has he gone so evil he's nonredeemable?

(reads latest strip)

I think what it is that the new-found power Maxwell has, combined with his zealous attitude, causes him to act the way he's about to act - he has the ability to re-make the world in his own, twisted vision - which would ultimately destroy him.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Awww New Years Timmys look so cute <3
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:37 pm

*reads today's comic*

I see no problem with that.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 am

Kazokuhouou wrote:*reads today's comic*

I see no problem with that.

Same here!!

Looks really cool with the panels coloured :D
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Starcat5 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:47 am

I can honestly say that I have never seen this page before in my life. *Kicks Azureus/Vuze, which is still stuck at 0% of all things.* Does anyone know if there is a non-"Pocket Manga" box set of the series out there? And if it costs less than the new computer I'm planning on getting this year?
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 am

Starcat5 wrote:I can honestly say that I have never seen this page before in my life. *Kicks Azureus/Vuze, which is still stuck at 0% of all things.*

Try this torrent?
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Starcat5 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:01 pm

Yup. That exact same one. Eather no one has been seeding for days (And, yes, I have been trying since you first posted that link), or something on the net is buggered up, with me on one side of the break, and everyone else on the other. Mind you, the problem isn't with the cliant itself, since the homebrewed DVD of Animalimpics has FINALLY finished up, after being frozen at 80-something % for over a year and a half! *Fist pump*

Since my problem here isn't going to fix itself any time soon, I'll spread a little OVA love instead.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kuassary666
The fellow at the above address was kind enough to post the raw for movie 7, complete with faux subbing ripped from the manga itself. ...and it works! Go! Watch the point in the story that made me a PipXSeras fanboy. :wink: :twisted: XD
Starcat5
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to And Shine Heaven Now