Ghosts of Iscariot Past

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Ghosts of Iscariot Past

Post by SailorPtah »

New storyline! It's Christmas-based (in a roundabout way) and Iscariot-focused (in a cracky way). Timothy gets to be cute, Maxwell gets to be megalomaniacal, and valuable holiday wisdom is dispensed to all.

Also, if people are having problems with the new layout, please let me know! It'll be most helpful if you include the following:

1) A detailed description of the problem (what goes wrong, what pages you find it on, etc.)
2) A screenshot of the page (you can upload screenshots to tinypic.com if you don't have another image host)
3) Which browser and version you're using (note: if it's not Firefox, my first suggestion will be "Get Firefox!")

Thanks!

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Re: Ghosts of Iscariot Past

Post by BigKwell »

Okay, I'm in... but Maxwell STILL scares me! :o
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

Just for that, we should change his hair color to match the background every time.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

Oh sure, Maxwell! I believe Charles Dickens is turning in his grave right now!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Three spirits? I doubt they'd be Christmas past, present, and future. Maybe Ghosts of Crusades Past, Present, and Future? Past could be Richard the Lionhearted. Present...maybe Integra as a sexy nun (it IS Enrico's dream we're talking about here)? Future could be Pope Benedict in full Palpatine regalia or Death. Either works.

I can see Future ghost showing Enrico all the horror and devastation he'll cause people, to which he gleefully replies, "I always knew I'd accomplish something important." Upon seeing his gravestone with the epithet, "He slaughtered millions in the name of God" and going, "I get to be a martyr? AWESOME." He could be the poster boy for "Completely Missing the Point," making even Death shake its head and sweat drop.

(If it is Death, I wonder if it'd be Gaiman Death or the Death of Rats - I'm hoping the latter.)

seagullsong

Post by seagullsong »

(If it is Death, I wonder if it'd be Gaiman Death or the Death of Rats - I'm hoping the latter.)
I think basically anything is better with the Death of Rats in it. :D

And oh man I am so excited for this storyline! I played Tiny Tim in a church play when I was 6. It was great.

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

HAHAHAHAHAH Take that Enrico!

....man I'm weird.

Keito_Hime
Regular Poster

Post by Keito_Hime »

Quick! Someone draw Timothy as Tiny Tim! Aw... talk about cute holiday fan art. :shucks:

EDIT: Props to you Kazo-Chan for creating that wonderful image. :lol:

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

Well, let's have a moment of silence for poor Father Renaldo.

Anyway!
Keito_Hime wrote: EDIT: Props to you Kazo-Chan for creating that wonderful image. :lol:
Hee, thanks. I might turn it into a complete guest strip, depending on things.

FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Post by FelinaofL2 »

Maxwell looks cute in his little night cap. :D

Poor Father Renaldo- he's so good a background character that even his death was in the background of the plot.
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Father Renaldo is dead? Aww. I was looking forward to him interacting more with Walter, first. Maybe he'll fly around with Helen?

(Helen x Renaldo. Now there's an interesting ship.)

Ghostfriendly

Post by Ghostfriendly »

Well, for all we know Renaldo likes books too, or if not Helen can teach him about them.

Maxwell's nightcap really reminds me of the Vatican army's Klu Klux Klan hoods.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

(reads latest strip)

At least I've kept Father Renaldo alive in my fanfictions.

If anyone's interested, here's the link to them:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1218185/BigKwell
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

"So by go forth you mean slaughter all of England? Got it!"

"That's not what I meant at all!"

Keito_Hime
Regular Poster

Post by Keito_Hime »

FelinaofL2 wrote:Maxwell looks cute in his little night cap. :D
I simply adore the chibi expressionof annoyance on his face! It really just makes me want to irritate him some more and fangirl squeel. XD

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

Are you sure you didn't have Welsh rarebit before bed, Father Maxwell? :P

Anyways. Everyone seems to have Scrooge-mania lately, from my creative-writing class to the movies. It's interesting to me to see Christmas trends and the popularity of certain stories, but I wonder why this particular one? It's a great story, of course, but why is the mania now?
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Brynnie-chan wrote:Are you sure you didn't have Welsh rarebit before bed, Father Maxwell? :P
I thought about making that joke, but it already came up in Pip's dream storyline ^_^;
Brynnie-chan wrote:Everyone seems to have Scrooge-mania lately, from my creative-writing class to the movies.
Maybe the writing class is driven by the movie? I haven't noticed more Scrooge-focused stuff than usual, though - I mean, sure, I'm writing a Christmas Carol parody, but that's mostly because I realized Shine hadn't done one yet. And it's not the first such parody I've written, either...

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

SailorPtah wrote:
Brynnie-chan wrote:Everyone seems to have Scrooge-mania lately, from my creative-writing class to the movies.
Maybe the writing class is driven by the movie? I haven't noticed more Scrooge-focused stuff than usual, though - I mean, sure, I'm writing a Christmas Carol parody, but that's mostly because I realized Shine hadn't done one yet. And it's not the first such parody I've written, either...
I'll admit that that bit was sort of a generalization. In my writing class, my teacher compared a story I'd written, in which a teen who accidentally commits suicide is talked back to life by Death himself, to A Christmas Carol. (Another student mentioned It's a Wonderful Life, but A Christmas Carol is the only one my teacher mentioned. Three times during the review, in fact. He says it's one of his favorites.) I added that to the movie coming out, and to your current parody, and thus the connection was made.

Either way, don't think I'm complaining, I love the current storyline. A taller Timothy is also welcome. :3
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Team Edward and Team Jacob. Gah. Stupid Twilight. Team Integra is indeed far cooler.

Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Post by Kazokuhouou »

Brynnie-chan wrote:
Anyways. Everyone seems to have Scrooge-mania lately, from my creative-writing class to the movies. It's interesting to me to see Christmas trends and the popularity of certain stories, but I wonder why this particular one? It's a great story, of course, but why is the mania now?
I don't think it's a relatively recent phenomenon, I've always considered A Christmas Carol to be one of the 'go-to' Christmas stories to parody-retell-put your own spin on, simply because it IS the most well known Christmas story around, barring those connected to religion.

There are a lot of versions of A Christmas Carol, Television Without Pity's even done a slideshow-thingy on the best and worst adaptations of it, there are at least three different stage versions that I know of, even Brawl In The Family's doing a Christmas-Carol storyline this year. So by no means is this recent.

....I seem to have gone off on a tangent, I do apologize.

Back on topic. Was it wrong that my first thought was 'hmmm...I wonder how much money it would take to bribe a F1 team to change their name to that?'. (Answer: Far too much)

(And to lessen my credibility a ton, my favorite incarnation was always Scrooged. Love the sadistic Ghost of Christmas Present)