Set, Osiris, Ra, and Ptah

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Set, Osiris, Ra, and Ptah

Postby Chaos Priest on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:01 pm

What do these four things have in common?

According to my textbook for my "Intro to the Hebrew Bible" course, the Egyptian god of creation's name was Ptah.

I realize this doesn't really have much to do with anything. I just found it interesting. Out of curiosity Erin, is that your real last name, or is it a pseudonym? And if it is your last name, just what is the source of that thing anyway? I mean, should there be some sacrifices or other rituals going on here? I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't participate myself if that were the case (I'm afraid my god is a bit of a jealous one). I'm just, ya know, curious.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Re: Set, Osiris, Ra, and Ptah

Postby Xuanwu on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Ptah is a pseudonym. From what I remember, I think that's the source of it.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby SailorPtah on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah, Ptah is a pseudonym. My real surname is something ridiculously British. (There's a Jane Austen character with my name, that's how British it is.)

"Sailor Ptah" was one of my earliest otaku sailor senshi. She was part of a team that I basically created by taking an index of mythological topics and lifting the names that sounded cool.

I did eventually retcon the team to have an overall Egyptian-mythology theme, but by that point I didn't have the energy to rewrite the whole epic Silver-Millennium-era fic that they were a part of. So there are a couple of half-finished drafts of it languishing on my hard drive.

Maybe I'll dust the team off and draw them some time.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:08 pm

SailorPtah wrote:Yeah, Ptah is a pseudonym. My real surname is something ridiculously British. (There's a Jane Austen character with my name, that's how British it is.)

Wow that's British.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 am

You're not alone...my last name, AND middle name are rediculously french....I don't even speak french T.T Why mommy, WHY!!
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Return to And Shine Heaven Now