What is it good for?

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

What is it good for?

Postby Chaos Priest on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Aha, so it was a new storyline. Well, new storyline = new thread.

Keito_Hime wrote:
Aten_ra wrote:
Mars wrote:Oh... I thought it was War.
I like your idea better.
Haha! It is! :D

Technically speaking it's both War and the spirit of his gun. And apparently Pip does not like getting interrupted during his dreams of his sweet mignonnette.
Image
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
User avatar
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:05 am
Location: Trying to find where my mind has wandered

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Kazokuhouou on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Obligatory 'he he, awright' is obligatory.
Image
User avatar
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Chaos Priest on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Huh, usually a line like that is used to point out that the dreamer isn't wearing any pants.
Image
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
User avatar
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:05 am
Location: Trying to find where my mind has wandered

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Mrrout on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 am

i don't think that Pip sleeps with pants or underwear anyway
i'm surprised that he sleeps with a shirt, a little bit of fanservice would have been nice :(
User avatar
Mrrout
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: france

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Xuanwu on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Mrrout wrote:i don't think that Pip sleeps with pants or underwear anyway
i'm surprised that he sleeps with a shirt, a little bit of fanservice would have been nice :(

It makes sense to me. He's slept a lot in war zones. You don't nod off shirtless since you never know when you may have to run from where you're sleeping due to incoming fire. So probably an old habit.
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Re: What is it good for?

Postby BigKwell on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 pm

(reads latest strip)

Okay, I'm good. BTW - anyone know a recipe for Welsh Rarebit? I might want to try it one of these days. 8-)
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
User avatar
BigKwell
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Kennewick, WA U.S.A.

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Well, here's the first Google result.
Image
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
User avatar
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:05 am
Location: Trying to find where my mind has wandered

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Alton Brown showed how to make Welsh Rarebit in one of the Good Eats episodes.

Anyone else notice Erin's changed the blog at the bottom from Dreamwidth to Wordpress? I like that, since the Wordpress one is the one I read regularly...to stalk her. >_>
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 pm

I saw that Xuan.

Silly Alucard. You're trying to say no to the doujinshi-ka! If she wanted to, she can draw herself as a dog so she can eat all the Integra-chow she wanted!
Image
User avatar
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Tommygunner70 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Hmmm... just saw the page about the dog food called 'Integra'.

Interesting, there are quite a few companies in Holland called Integra. Honda even has a car called Integra.
Heh, if the fuhrer wants to sent Alucard a bag of that Integra dog food as a gift then he wont have to go far to buy it, German writing on the bag you see.
Tommygunner70
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:44 pm

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 pm

So what you're saying is Erin should move to Holland.

*shrugs*

Hee. I think the dirty old man would've been funnier, though.
Image
User avatar
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:02 pm

I wonder if this means Pip and the Major would have something to talk about if they ever met?

Major: I love war!
Pip: Really? I met her.
Major: As have I!
Pip: Was she wearing blah blah blah...

Meanwhile everyone looks on in silence as Millennium's assault screeches to a halt as Pip and Major compare notes.
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Alisa makora on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:43 am

yes pip, you get a hot women and war incarnate in one supremely awesome gun. you scored big time. ( atleast unless war attracts conflicts as a gun spirit as she does NORMALLY. gotta love good omens.)

also, is that petshop of horrors i see in the blog? WIN. you are made of win. D would love alupuppy to bits, i think. vampiric puppy is right down his alley.
User avatar
Alisa makora
Newbie
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 am

Re: What is it good for?

Postby NeoEevee on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:52 am

Xuanwu wrote:I wonder if this means Pip and the Major would have something to talk about if they ever met?

Major: I love war!
Pip: Really? I met her.
Major: As have I!
Pip: Was she wearing blah blah blah...

Meanwhile everyone looks on in silence as Millennium's assault screeches to a halt as Pip and Major compare notes.

Funny, the only time I ever imagined Pip and the Major meeting face to face was in an alternate universe where the Hellsing characters are living the events from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. And the two of them sing this song.


Seriously, go listen to the song and then imagine Pip and the Major singing it. And Seras providing the back-ups in place of Rena.

AHAHAHAHA NOW YOU CAN'T UNSEE IT
NeoEevee
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Mrrout on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 am

Tommygunner70 wrote:Hmmm... just saw the page about the dog food called 'Integra'.

Interesting, there are quite a few companies in Holland called Integra. Honda even has a car called Integra.
Heh, if the fuhrer wants to sent Alucard a bag of that Integra dog food as a gift then he wont have to go far to buy it, German writing on the bag you see.

there is a hip prosthesis called "integra"
i used it 3 times
User avatar
Mrrout
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: france

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Starcat5 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:54 am

Silly incarnation of War. Pip's life and soul are already spoken for. :twisted:

...hmmm. Actually, that brings up an interesting post-manga story arc. Pip's first love (War) Vs. Pip's true love (Mignonnette), winner take all. :lol:
Starcat5
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Lagomorphica, Mn, USA

Re: What is it good for?

Postby BigKwell on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:16 am

Starcat5 wrote:Silly incarnation of War. Pip's life and soul are already spoken for. :twisted:

...hmmm. Actually, that brings up an interesting post-manga story arc. Pip's first love (War) Vs. Pip's true love (Mignonnette), winner take all. :lol:


(reads latest strip)

If he wasn't asleep, I would give Pip one suggestion...RUN AWAY... FAST!!!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
User avatar
BigKwell
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Kennewick, WA U.S.A.

Re: What is it good for?

Postby KLCtheBookWorm on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 am

NeoEevee wrote:
Xuanwu wrote:I wonder if this means Pip and the Major would have something to talk about if they ever met?

Major: I love war!
Pip: Really? I met her.
Major: As have I!
Pip: Was she wearing blah blah blah...

Meanwhile everyone looks on in silence as Millennium's assault screeches to a halt as Pip and Major compare notes.

Funny, the only time I ever imagined Pip and the Major meeting face to face was in an alternate universe where the Hellsing characters are living the events from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. And the two of them sing this song.


Seriously, go listen to the song and then imagine Pip and the Major singing it. And Seras providing the back-ups in place of Rena.

AHAHAHAHA NOW YOU CAN'T UNSEE IT


Actually I was thinking we needed a fanvid with this song.
User avatar
KLCtheBookWorm
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 4:00 pm

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Brynnie-chan on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:39 am

...I don't buy the cute face for one second. There's no reason War would offer anything to someone that didn't involve pain. But the fact that Pip is buying it amuses me for some reason. :twisted:

Starcat5 wrote:Silly incarnation of War. Pip's life and soul are already spoken for. :twisted:

...hmmm. Actually, that brings up an interesting post-manga story arc. Pip's first love (War) Vs. Pip's true love (Mignonnette), winner take all. :lol:


First love my left eyeball. Pip's first love is bewbz. Always. X3
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: Under Alucard's hat.

Re: What is it good for?

Postby Kazokuhouou on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:11 pm

I was gonna say, there's gotta be some sort of catch.
Image
User avatar
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Next

 

Return to And Shine Heaven Now



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron