Let There Be Guns!

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Let There Be Guns!

Postby Kazokuhouou on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:30 pm

(Exclamation point a bit of literary license)

So, a new storyline snuck up on us! (Seriously, I didn't realize till just now that the handy little archive thing didn't say 'Bringing Nazi Back' anymore.

So, yay, new guns!

Edit: At the risk of my heterosexuality, nice legs.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Re: Let There Be Guns!

Postby BigKwell on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Good thing I took notice of the new thread before entering anything. But anyway...

(reads latest strip)

Does anyone know how old Ann was when Daddy Warbucks adopted her?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Hooray, new thread! Link will be changed posthaste.

Now let's see how many ancient comics cameos people can spot :D

BigKwell wrote:Does anyone know how old Ann was when Daddy Warbucks adopted her?

I'm going to guess about eight.

She referred to herself as "th' spirit of eternal youth!" for a reason ^_~
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I can't believe I missed that the last storyline had ended (for now at least). :oops:
Brynnie-chan wrote:Here's the hint: Mr. Brown's identity is hidden in here, as far as I remember.http://sailorptah.deviantart.com/art/Sunday-paper-sketches-103485925

I also can't believe I missed this. I even remember looking at that earlier.

Say. does this mean that we'll get to see a more grown up Calvin and Susie as well in this storyline? I can't help but imagine that Calvin would be very enthusiastic about hunting vampires (or being a vampire for that matter). I wonder how he'd do it though. Maybe he's perfected his cardboard technology, creating duplicate armies of himself transmogrified into all sorts of cool creatures (like tigers) to hunt the forces of the night. While mentally narrating the whole thing, of course.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Say. does this mean that we'll get to see a more grown up Calvin and Susie as well in this storyline? I can't help but imagine that Calvin would be very enthusiastic about hunting vampires (or being a vampire for that matter). I wonder how he'd do it though. Maybe he's perfected his cardboard technology, creating duplicate armies of himself transmogrified into all sorts of cool creatures (like tigers) to hunt the forces of the night. While mentally narrating the whole thing, of course.

That is AWESOME!!!
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Yeah, but I kinda doubt we're gonna see it. I mean, if Calvin ever did become a vampire hunter I have no doubt that he'd mentally narrate the heck out of his job (with plenty of embellishments and snarky comments), and maybe even have a tiger companion, but I seriously doubt we'll see the application of Calvin's cardboard technology. Not unless there's an I-jin Watterson or something.

:o
Dude, I-jin Watterson...

Can we please have an I-jin Watterson, Erin? Pretty pretty pleeeeease?
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Yeah, but I kinda doubt we're gonna see it. I mean, if Calvin ever did become a vampire hunter I have no doubt that he'd mentally narrate the heck out of his job (with plenty of embellishments and snarky comments), and maybe even have a tiger companion, but I seriously doubt we'll see the application of Calvin's cardboard technology. Not unless there's an I-jin Watterson or something.

:o
Dude, I-jin Watterson...

Can we please have an I-jin Watterson, Erin? Pretty pretty pleeeeease?

Some thoughts:

1) Calvin exists in the Shineverse. Therefore, Bill Watterson probably doesn't (at least, not as Calvin's creator).

2) Shineverse Calvin is currently ten years old. That's a little young for active vampire hunting, even by Hellsing's standards.

3) However, Calvin and Hobbes was one of my formative influences, which means you're pretty much guaranteed a cameo at the very least.

4) This.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Priest on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Hey, I'm more then happy with that.
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 am

Aha, of course! Calvin's family acquired a tiger plush toy from D somehow, hence Hobbes came along. (I think that doesn't count as toy-coming-to-life or anything like that...)
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:11 am

FelinaofL2 wrote:Aha, of course! Calvin's family acquired a tiger plush toy from D somehow, hence Hobbes came along. (I think that doesn't count as toy-coming-to-life or anything like that...)

Wasn't there a PSOH chapter about a teddybear and an elderly lady? So it is possible that he could do plushie tigers
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:16 pm

(Covers up her face and peeks through her fingers) Muhhh! Give her pupils, it's so creepy! But it's so god to see her... now where's Sandy and Punjab? Well, Punjab's probably dead by now, and maybe Sandy too, but somehow I doubt the latter.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Michigami on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:44 pm

first- another miche moment, i spent 2 days wanting to post, NEEDING to post, but forgetting my password again. this time, it's on a post-it on the side of the monitor. yes, i AM the village idiot, why do you ask? :roll:

1- OMG it's buster brown >_<!!!! i nearly had a seizure geek-squeeing upon recognizing him and not being able to post about it.

2- ann is creepy, and needs more wrinkles. in physical age, she would be my aunt's age at this point in history, which is weird, but still not as creepy as the eyes.

heh, as long as she didn't have sandy stuffed and mounted as an end table in her office.... wait, on second thought, that might actually be slightly cool.

i've actually forgot the other oh-so-important thing to post thanks to being distracted looking for the login thing again, so i substitute this:

tekkoshocon is happening in pittsburgh, pa next weekend, anyone who will be in attendance feel free to look for the girl in the rainbow coat with a giant anderplant plushie in artist's alley and say hi.
http://shiningamimaxwell.deviantart.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/michigami
-
Con Schedule for 2010:
January 29-31, Columbus, Oh - http://www.ohayocon.org/
April 8-11, Pittsburgh, Pa - http://www.tekkoshocon.com/
August 13-15, Worthington, Oh - http://www.matsuricon.org/
Michigami
Regular Poster

Location: in front of the computer, surrounded by books, and slightly to the left of the sewing supplies.

Postby BigKwell on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Not to make a suggestion - but I still like to think that Ann's got Rally Vincent on retainer as her gunsmith.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 pm

Atticusblackwolf wrote:
FelinaofL2 wrote:Aha, of course! Calvin's family acquired a tiger plush toy from D somehow, hence Hobbes came along. (I think that doesn't count as toy-coming-to-life or anything like that...)

Wasn't there a PSOH chapter about a teddybear and an elderly lady? So it is possible that he could do plushie tigers

And it ALSO had to do with Nazis.

On Sunday's Strip: The players are all here, let the games begin.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Frey on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:33 am

Both Hobbes and the animals in Count D''s petshop have a dim view on humans. I guess Hobbes could function as a weretiger (a tiger who could be in biped or quadraped shape or human appearance with tiger ears like Erin's drawing) bodyguard for Calvin (while still pouncing and teasing him at times) against vampires and other threats in Shineverse. If Calvin did lend a hand to Hellsing, his weapon of choice probably be ordained water balloons.

As for guns, I think the Hellsing organization needs to make more use out of other anti-vampire methods and not be dependent on firearms. The Wild Geese could have at least have made use of garlic, holy water, etc. (if they did have it with them), when they ran out of blessed silver bullets in the fight against the Millenium vampires.
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby FelinaofL2 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:44 am

Frey wrote:
Both Hobbes and the animals in Count D''s petshop have a dim view on humans. I guess Hobbes could function as a weretiger (a tiger who could be in biped or quadraped shape or human appearance with tiger ears like Erin's drawing) bodyguard for Calvin (while still pouncing and teasing him at times) against vampires and other threats in Shineverse. If Calvin did lend a hand to Hellsing, his weapon of choice probably be ordained water balloons.

:D It seems Pip's idea wasn't too farfetched after all. But I think one thing ANY of the players would love to have, no matter the objective, is Calvin's ingenious Duplicator cardboard box technology.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:59 am

SailorPtah wrote:1) Calvin exists in the Shineverse. Therefore, Bill Watterson probably doesn't (at least, not as Calvin's creator).

2) Shineverse Calvin is currently ten years old. That's a little young for active vampire hunting, even by Hellsing's standards.

3) However, Calvin and Hobbes was one of my formative influences, which means you're pretty much guaranteed a cameo at the very least.

4) This.

Hooray! Now you've used two of my favorite mangas (Read or Die, Pet Shop of Horrors), two of my favorite books (Good Omens, Sandman), and three of my favorite things when I was a child (Calvin and Hobbes, Madeline, Annie).

But I wonder why D thought Calvin would need Hobbes...? Maybe the monsters under his bed? Or maybe his imagination is so powerful it's dangerous, like Goo in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Or maybe D just knew Calvin would have an easier time in his life with Hobbes around as a confidant, protector, and friend. Ah, speculation is fun~~
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Snowcat on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:29 am

The yellow kid! Wow, he's changed a lot. And somewhere along the line he acquired the ability to talk in actual speech bubbles! Good for him.

Am I the only one here who totally wants Krazy and Ignatz to show up right about now, but can't figure out how on earth that would be possible?
Snowcat
Regular Poster

Postby Urahara on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:57 am

I find it somewhat funny that Africa and Australia are the only continents without their own secret organizations.

I'm not counting Antarctica because there are only scientists and penguins there, which is perfect for a secret organization. No one would bother them, for one, and they could be doing all sorts of research for any government that's willing to send people down there.
Urahara
Regular Poster

Postby ObsessiveFangirl93 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:58 pm

No Torchwood?

*Looks Sad*

I've always imagined Torchwood and Hellsing butting up against each other a bit. Torchwood's Supposed to Handle Aliens, (aka Foreign Affairs) and Hellsing handle problems here on Earth, (Domestic Affairs), but it never quite works that way...

...Still, the addition of the Warbucks is epically awesome.
*Upon the news of an illegitamate baby's birth*
"Villain! What hast thou done?!"
"That which thou cannot undo."
"Thou hast undone our mother!"
"Villain, I have done thy mother!"
-Titus Andronicus

Shakespeare: Original inventor of the "Your Mom" joke.
ObsessiveFangirl93

Next

Return to And Shine Heaven Now