Bringing Nazi Back

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: Bringing Nazi Back

Postby Romanticide on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Is that doc sixth finger what I see sharing place with other finger? :D
Romanticide
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm

(reads latest strip)

So what's Arthur gonna do? Bop the Dok with his Scotch bottle?

And btw, about my earlier nitpic - y'know, about Luke Valentine's eyes? I should've provided proof about it. Here's a screenshot from 'Hellsing Ultimate' to show:

Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Hmmm, maybe it's just me, but Arthur did look a little, maybe not completely evil, but fight-happy there.

Kinda goes with that whole 'Hellsing is no better than the Nazis thing'.

...yeah, I'm reading too much into this.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:50 pm

(reads latest strip)

Uh... yeah, I guess the Japanese equivilant of Millennium won't be coming back anytime soon. :o
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Romanticide on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Oh Felipe de Jésus and his homies... frankly I don't blame the japanese. XD If I knew missioners that bothersome I would probably crucify them too. Even if he the first guy from Mexico who became a saint. My mom say I'm an awful heretic XD

Oh by the way, is totally acceptable and even common common to give the name Jésus to children here as I heard people from the U.S.A. don't actually do it. XD
Romanticide
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh, LOW BLOW, Enrico.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:41 pm

BigKwell wrote:Uh... yeah, I guess the Japanese equivilant of Millennium won't be coming back anytime soon. :o

Darn. That was actually a plot idea I'd suggested to Erin.

One historical note worth mentioning is that Japan's real life bioweapon research division, Unit 731, weren't punished after the war. Unlike the Nazis who experimented on living subjects and were forced to flee, Unit 731 never faced prosecution or jail time for their actions (some of the satellite units did when captured by Russians, but none of the major players did). Instead, some retired while others continued working for the Japanese government. Makes the idea of a Japanese Millennium less far fetched since their war criminals stayed in the country and became "respectable" citizens. Fictionally, that's a great setup for a secret "bring back imperialism" society.

(And, yes, that's why China doesn't like Japan very much. Imagine a Germany where Mengela and the guys who ran concentration camps were allowed to live long healthy lives after the war and what Israel would think of that. That's the equivalent.)

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mars on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:07 am

... so does this mean we''re getting a new Millenium-style organization?
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:28 am

Mars wrote:... so does this mean we''re getting a new Millenium-style organization?

Think... the Japanese equivilant was based in Nagasaki... which got blown-up in the second atomic bomb attack? Get the point?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby KLCtheBookWorm on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 am

Wow, Maxwell actually scares me in that last panel, Erin. Complete with creepy crawls all over my skin. Job well done.
KLCtheBookWorm
Regular Poster

Postby Romanticide on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Oh wait... I confused thing. I thought about a japanese version of Iscariot not of millenium... oppss.
Romanticide
Regular Poster

Postby Urahara on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:16 pm

BigKwell wrote:
Mars wrote:... so does this mean we''re getting a new Millenium-style organization?

Think... the Japanese equivilant was based in Nagasaki... which got blown-up in the second atomic bomb attack? Get the point?

Doesn't mean there weren't any survivors who were away from their base when the bombing occurred, or the major players took the hint and ran like hell after Hiroshima. It would definitely explain why Yumie exists despite Yumiko being born long after the supposed destruction and halting of whatever Unit 731 was working on.
Urahara
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:49 pm

In America, capitalism is a religion!

About the only one everyone can agree on, Rico.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowfax272 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:21 am

Xuanwu wrote:
BigKwell wrote:Uh... yeah, I guess the Japanese equivilant of Millennium won't be coming back anytime soon. :o

Darn. That was actually a plot idea I'd suggested to Erin.

One historical note worth mentioning is that Japan's real life bioweapon research division, Unit 731, weren't punished after the war. Unlike the Nazis who experimented on living subjects and were forced to flee, Unit 731 never faced prosecution or jail time for their actions (some of the satellite units did when captured by Russians, but none of the major players did). Instead, some retired while others continued working for the Japanese government. Makes the idea of a Japanese Millennium less far fetched since their war criminals stayed in the country and became "respectable" citizens. Fictionally, that's a great setup for a secret "bring back imperialism" society.

(And, yes, that's why China doesn't like Japan very much. Imagine a Germany where Mengela and the guys who ran concentration camps were allowed to live long healthy lives after the war and what Israel would think of that. That's the equivalent.)

Those who gave their 'research' to the US were let off, too. In fact, in my absolutely terrible sprite comic, my boyfriend's character was a Chinese victim of the Japanese experiments..who sold his soul to get revenge on the people who killed him and his family...So Yeah.
It's debatable that the Japanese experiments were worse than Mengele's. Although most people wouldn't try to think of anything worse than that...

but we're getting a bit offtopic

Enrico is frightening...but he has the best lines. I can see myself quoting that last panel for times to come.
Jetzt auf! In Bergen und Klüften
Tobt morgen der freudige Krieg!

Das Wild in Fluren und Triften,
Der Aar in Wolken und Lüften
Ist unser, und unser der Sieg!
Shadowfax272
Regular Poster

Postby Mars on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:23 am

BigKwell wrote:

.... Ohhhhh -palms fist-

Wow, capitalism as a religion... I should tell my dad that. -whips out a notebook out of hyperspace and starts writing- how educational.
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:32 am

Kinda puts your economic classes in a different perspective, huh?

Take that, Church and State!
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby MitchellTF on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:16 am

So, Orphan Annie is evil. *blinks* At least, according to Enrico...
MitchellTF

Postby Kazokuhouou on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:57 am

Anyone not Catholic is evil, in Enrico's eyes.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Kazokuhouou wrote:Anyone not Catholic is evil, in Enrico's eyes.

hmmmmm.....what about the Cafeteria Catholic? I'm not sure if I'm safe
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Regardless of what Erin has in mind, I STILL would like to think that Annie would have Rally Vincent on-retainer when asking for custom firearms.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now