Dream a Little Dream

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
Aten_ra

Re: Dream a Little Dream

Post by Aten_ra »

Tommygunner70 wrote:... did anyone else notice that when you see Alucards hands, that they are in the exact same position as you would to stimulate a woman from below?

Why is that actually?
I totally noticed that. I also notice that in the latest strip, I can't get my hand to do that for the life of me. Cannot move my pinky that far down and not have the finger next to it follow.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

I think the answer is obvious: Alucard is thinking about Integra when he imagine "customizations."

Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Post by Brynnie-chan »

What he says about drinking comes as no surprise, but I wonder about the feeling for the other person. Some stories say that a vampire bite causes the most intense pleasure in the world, some say it's pure, mind-numbing agony. But drinking is always described eloquently, or feverishly. I always pictured a vampire that had gone without blood for a long time biting into a person or a blood-pack and their eyes rolling back in their head like a shark because of how crazy they've been without it.

As for Alucard's hand...well, Xu might be onto something.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

I had a question about what Alucard is saying here. In the first panel he says Seras needs to drink, and the reason for talking about it in the vampire sex discussion is that's how she get's her pleasure. Does that mean that the actual act of sex would do nothing for her? That only her theoretical partner *coughPIPcough* would get any pleasure from the act?
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"

Arvanna
Regular Poster

Post by Arvanna »

Chaos Priest wrote:I had a question about what Alucard is saying here. In the first panel he says Seras needs to drink, and the reason for talking about it in the vampire sex discussion is that's how she get's her pleasure. Does that mean that the actual act of sex would do nothing for her? That only her theoretical partner *coughPIPcough* would get any pleasure from the act?

I think it's more to do that drinking blood is pleasurable to a vampire and another reason for Seras to get over her aversion to the idea of drinking, and face it she's more likely to have an easier time doing that then getting it on with Pip.
Who says only the EVIL female vamps are gorgeous?

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Arvanna wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:I had a question about what Alucard is saying here. In the first panel he says Seras needs to drink, and the reason for talking about it in the vampire sex discussion is that's how she get's her pleasure. Does that mean that the actual act of sex would do nothing for her? That only her theoretical partner *coughPIPcough* would get any pleasure from the act?

I think it's more to do that drinking blood is pleasurable to a vampire and another reason for Seras to get over her aversion to the idea of drinking, and face it she's more likely to have an easier time doing that then getting it on with Pip.
Sorry, but I can't quite see her ever having a hard time convincing Pip to get it on with her. And as far as the mental barrier goes, well, I think she has more hangups about drinking blood then having sex as she actually approached her master about that matter.

Arvanna
Regular Poster

Post by Arvanna »

Seras has hardly seemed to be holding herself back from throwing Pip up against the wall and shagging the fellow so I must respectfully disagree on that.
Who says only the EVIL female vamps are gorgeous?

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Physically Seras is being drawn closer and closer to drinking blood, yes, but mentally the act revolts her. She's horrified at the thought of doing it and losing what remains of her humanity. I doubt she feels that strongly about having sex, and her asking Alucard about vampire sex strongly suggests that she was thinking about doing it, if not with Pip then sometime in the future. She's open to the idea. At this point I don't think she's open to the idea of ever drinking blood, no matter how much her body may demand it.

RedMattis
Regular Poster

Post by RedMattis »

Alright, I'll have to say: the latest strip was hilarious

"Seras the public Masturbator" tsk tsk, how naughty of her.
"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Hey, Alucard was fornicating in public, too. And with another woman. That silly philanderer.

(I bet Integra bites her hand in imitation of this. Meh heh heh.)

Mars
Regular Poster

Post by Mars »

You know, I bite my finger when I'm nervous too... Wow, that makes a whole lot of sense now that I think about it.
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

RedMattis wrote:Alright, I'll have to say: the latest strip was hilarious

(reads latest strip)

Hey, she didn't know at the time! Leave my poor Draculina alone!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking

RedMattis
Regular Poster

Post by RedMattis »

BigKwell wrote:
RedMattis wrote:Alright, I'll have to say: the latest strip was hilarious

(reads latest strip)

Hey, she didn't know at the time! Leave my poor Draculina alone!
I don't know if masturbating in public without realizing that one is doing it is all that much better than doing it knowingly. :lol:
"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

What public? The only ones in the room at the time were Alucard, Seras, Integra, and dinner Kim. Everybody else had either left or were dead.

RedMattis
Regular Poster

Post by RedMattis »

Chaos Priest wrote:What public? The only ones in the room at the time were Alucard, Seras, Integra, and dinner Kim. Everybody else had either left or were dead.
Do note that she was standing around biting her finger both times when the British duo sent by the queen visited the Hellsing Mansion. One of those times she was standing outdoors where people were walking around. :wink:

Urahara
Regular Poster

Post by Urahara »

And I thought the finger-licking scene with Integra was dirty enough without Alucard's explanation.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

Urahara wrote:And I thought the finger-licking scene with Integra was dirty enough without Alucard's explanation.
:o

OH-MY-GAWDDD!!!
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking

Winged Knight
Regular Poster

Post by Winged Knight »

And I am laaaaaaaaauuuughing. Oh, how are you going to react to that, Alucard? Your kid has gone farther with the woman you want than YOU have. Ahhh. It tickles me so.
“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.” Neil Gaiman

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
and kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
and toss the dice until we fly
to dance with Jak o' the Shadows.

FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Post by FelinaofL2 »

XD Poor Alucard... "Police Girl, how DARE you go after MY love interest?! Have you been reading too much doujinshi?!"
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.

BigKwell
Regular Poster

Post by BigKwell »

FelinaofL2 wrote:XD Poor Alucard... "Police Girl, how DARE you go after MY love interest?! Have you been reading too much doujinshi?!"
(reads latest strip)

I'm certain that Alucard will realize it was just a slip-of-the-tongue... I hope. :wink:
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking