Dream a Little Dream

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: Dream a Little Dream

Postby Mars on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:08 pm

aww, but I liked the spirit of the Harkonnen... D: He's just so... silly.

Must find a way to out silly him. -gets scheming look-
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:52 am

whoo hooo!! gonna have to ask my friend if I can enter the one I made. She helped come up with it, by inspiring me with her pyromania :shucks:

Hey Erin, Idea for sunday strip: Show the runners up. There's probably some really cool ideas out there!
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby RedMattis on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:37 am

Thanks to not noticing the detail of the weapon having the same name as the spirit Pip is going to sound somewhat queer with that weapon. ...then again it is comedy, and the Nail gun "Valkyrie" is going to sound a lot more humorous in the hands of the hardened mercenary than the obvious pick for weapon with that kind of name (*cough* Seras).
"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
RedMattis
Regular Poster

Postby RedMattis on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Surprisingly few comments considering that a art/design challenge was just issued.

When will we know the results by the way?

Xuanwu wrote:Pip should get a weapon that vibrates. Or Seras should so Pip can poke fun at her for it.

Mind the the gutter huh? :lol:
I'm almost taking up that challenge, but the jokes would seem a bit too naughty for a comic drifting between E 10+ and T-rating- I'd guess :P
"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
RedMattis
Regular Poster

Postby Tommygunner70 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:34 pm

*reads Todays*

Damn it...

The only weapons I use in my fanfic's are currently existing weapons (With small modification parts perhaps) the only none existing weapon used is a Plasma Beam Sword.

I Aim to please, and I never disapoint.
Tommygunner70
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:53 pm

*pulls up chair and munches on popcorn for the hilarity that will follow.*
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Arvanna on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Well I must say it is nice to see even Alucard has topics he takes somewhat seriously enough he won't discuss them with Seras as a child.
Who says only the EVIL female vamps are gorgeous?

Arvanna
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Aw, what's the matter Alucard? Don't tell me that somebody of your advanced years still finds some subjects too awkward to talk about with a little girl. I mean, surely you must have given similar talks to other girls throughout the years, and I'm sure you've done worse things to children before than talk about sex :roll:

Anyway, I love Alucard's expression after Seras asks (dum dum dum) The Question. It's even better if I imagine Seras having a little kid's voice rather than her normal one. I also like the dress that Alucard decided to put Seras in for whatever reason. It's a very nice dress. Is it supposed to represent something, like Alucard feeling he spoils Seras sometimes (like royalty), or is it just because she looks so absolutely adorable in that thing?
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Aw, what's the matter Alucard? Don't tell me that somebody of your advanced years still finds some subjects too awkward to talk about with a little girl. I mean, surely you must have given similar talks to other girls throughout the years, and I'm sure you've done worse things to children before than talk about sex :roll:

I'm pretty sure Alucard isn't a pedo vampire (Laura might be, since her origin story has her focus on biting young girls). His female victims did tend to be "of age." And given Alucard's background as a victim of child abuse, it may be something he's sensitive to.

Yes, this will be amusing. Especially if Alucard lets slip any mental images of how he's been picturing Integra. XD

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:53 pm

Xuanwu wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:Aw, what's the matter Alucard? Don't tell me that somebody of your advanced years still finds some subjects too awkward to talk about with a little girl. I mean, surely you must have given similar talks to other girls throughout the years, and I'm sure you've done worse things to children before than talk about sex :roll:

I'm pretty sure Alucard isn't a pedo vampire (Laura might be, since her origin story has her focus on biting young girls). His female victims did tend to be "of age." And given Alucard's background as a victim of child abuse, it may be something he's sensitive to.

Hey now, I'm not talking about Alucard being a pedo or anything, I'm just saying that with all the atrocities he managed to build up over the years there's probably a few dead kids in there. The "worse things" was in no way meant to imply those things had to do with sex.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Tommygunner70 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:13 am

Now that one was just "LOL!"

Judging from the situation, I am guessing Alucard thinks of her as a Child. but hey, kids grow up and wanting to discuss such a subject shows that they've been doing some growing...

I Aim to please, and I never disapoint.
Tommygunner70
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowfax272 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:20 am

WEAPON DESIGN COMPETITION SQUEEEEEEEEE

I'll have to pull out SOMETHING for this.
Jetzt auf! In Bergen und Klüften
Tobt morgen der freudige Krieg!

Das Wild in Fluren und Triften,
Der Aar in Wolken und Lüften
Ist unser, und unser der Sieg!
Shadowfax272
Regular Poster

Postby Nesmin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:38 am

I'm not sure if any amount of experience can make such a talk less awkward... And I'm not sure if Alucard had possibility to do it before. He coud be to busy... ekhm, you know... killing ;-). Or being bondaged in the basment. Or whatever.
Nesmin

Postby BigKwell on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:20 am

(reads latest strip... and snickers!)

Oh man, I guess some things are eternal constants! :lol:
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:42 am

CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, CUTE!

But awww. Alucard's 'I'm better than everyone' grin is gone. Oh well! Seras as a little kid is adorable! It's awesome to see some humor in this serious arc. And I have to agree with those who wonder why Alucard has Seras in that pretty coat. It may have something to do with his knowledge of the woman they're seeing (I don't know about the newspaper comic, but in the play she wore a coat like that near the end), or it could just be him spoiling her in a fatherly way.

(has sudden images of Tamacard and Seruhi in Hellsing High School Host Club and giggles)
Last edited by Brynnie-chan on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:43 am

Ahaha, Alucard's face in the 7th panel is just priceless. Even after 500 years, he can still be embarrassed. I also love the background of the dreamscape they're in.
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:46 pm

FelinaofL2 wrote:I also love the background of the dreamscape they're in.
I agree! It's a pretty cool background...all red and cool looking :shucks:
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm not sure anyone has noticed (it took ME a while), but the dress Seras is wearing is the same design that on the Seras portrait when you vote for the strip.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Mars on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:59 pm

BigKwell wrote:I'm not sure anyone has noticed (it took ME a while), but the dress Seras is wearing is the same design that on the Seras portrait when you vote for the strip.

I noticed, I just didn't think it was important.
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:15 pm

O_O ... *nosebleeds* Two panels of Alucard being erotic with various degrees of subtlety.

Erin, you've MORE than made up for his sparse appearances in the last few storylines.
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now