Dream a Little Dream

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Dream a Little Dream

Postby Xuanwu on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 am

Next arc will involve Seras, Pip, and Alucard having a "father - daughter" talk with her. Fun.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Re: Dream a Little Dream

Postby Frey on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:35 am

Well, I do live in Chicago but I do not know what the reference is.
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby Mrrout on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:46 am

Xuanwu wrote:Next arc will involve Seras, Pip, and Alucard having a "father - daughter" talk with her. Fun.

you mean, about the little bees, the flowers, and where the babies come from? :lol:
Mrrout
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Mrrout wrote:
Xuanwu wrote:Next arc will involve Seras, Pip, and Alucard having a "father - daughter" talk with her. Fun.

you mean, about the little bees, the flowers, and where the babies come from? :lol:

Alucard: Police Girl, I'd... like to talk to you about some odd cravings you've been having.
Seras: You mean the urge to bite peoples necks?
Alucard: ...Sure, let's go with that.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 pm

I think it's fair to say that "Pip is on the move" is synonymous with "Uh oh."

Not too big on the font used in the captions. "Pip" reads like "Did."

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby BigKwell on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Okay, I'm on the new thread. Any comments on the last post on the previous thread I made?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Xuanwu wrote:I think it's fair to say that "Pip is on the move" is synonymous with "Uh oh."

Not too big on the font used in the captions. "Pip" reads like "Did."

In other words, Pip is going to be spending the rest of the trip in the fetal position because he got a little fresh with the flight attendants.

BTW, is there any mention that Seras is spending the trip in a coffin?
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:Alucard: Police Girl, I'd... like to talk to you about some odd cravings you've been having.
Seras: You mean the urge to bite peoples necks?
Alucard: ...Sure, let's go with that.

Hee!

Yes, birds-and-bees time is indeed on the way :D
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kreiga on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:49 pm

I kind of feel bad. That's bad enough coming from human parents. In most, though probably not all. situations embarrassing is preferable to terrifying.
As far as tactics are concerned, I recommend cheating.
Kreiga
Regular Poster

Location: Naperville, IL, USA, Earth, the solar system, Milky Way, the universe

Postby FelinaofL2 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:13 am

Well, at least Seras' Master has been around the block plenty of times. Hopefully he and Pip can get her to stop being so afraid of even a kiss...
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:11 pm

What dreams may come, both dark and deep
Of flying wings and soaring leap,
As I surrender unto sleep,
As I surrender unto sleep...

Eric Whitacre. The most beautiful song ever. My chamber choir had the privilege of singing it (this recording is not us - it's professionals ^_^;;). That title for the arc brightened my day. Thank you, Erin. :)
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Ah, poor Seras. Her suffering certainly qualifies her as one of the strip's "Woobies."

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tommygunner70 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Mrrout wrote:

If I didn't know better, I'd say that there might be a few weddings bells playing their tune on the road ahead for Pip and Seras...

Seeing a Pip Junior or little Seras later on through the current arc wouldn't surprise me.

In relation to that, I have to ask some thing here: How much is Shine going to stick with the Canon? Some Fanon cross over stuff has happened already, but are we going to stray from the Canon path and walk right up to the "What if" Scenarios?

From what I am seeing, this is kinda leaning towards a "What if Pip didn't die." And a "What if Pip actually confessed to Seras." scenario. (Which I find a good think. Call me a romantic :P)

I Aim to please, and I never disapoint.
Tommygunner70
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:29 pm

(reads latest strip)

It would be nice... but I think Erin is going to make this as close to canon as possible. :(
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Tommygunner70 wrote:
Mrrout wrote:

If I didn't know better, I'd say that there might be a few weddings bells playing their tune on the road ahead for Pip and Seras...

Seeing a Pip Junior or little Seras later on through the current arc wouldn't surprise me.

Actually this raises a question, can vampires get pregnant in this? I realize that apparently in some far off distant timeline that might not even happen due to various reasons Alucard might eventually impregnate some lady who will then give birth to D, and in one definitely not having happened timeline he got Lisa pregnant with one of the other Alucards (though it would be absolutely hilarious to see some kind of crack Hellsing/Castlevania crossover), that only shows that vampires might be able to get people pregnant, not become pregnant themselves. Just how does vampire biology work in that aspect an...

Oh right, upcoming birds-and-the-bees talk. Well, I guess I'll just wait then. Although, if that talk is something that coming up then there would likely need to be some reason for it. Sure, Alucard might just do it to tease Seras and make her really uncomfortable, but I think there's more to it than that. Could that be the reason Seras is crying? She's thought about it, possibly due to taking care of Schroe, and she thinks she can't ever become a mother now?
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:36 am

Chaos Priest wrote:
Tommygunner70 wrote:If I didn't know better, I'd say that there might be a few weddings bells playing their tune on the road ahead for Pip and Seras...

Actually this raises a question, can vampires get pregnant in this? [...] Just how does vampire biology work in that aspect an...

Oh right, upcoming birds-and-the-bees talk. Well, I guess I'll just wait then. Although, if that talk is something that coming up then there would likely need to be some reason for it. Sure, Alucard might just do it to tease Seras and make her really uncomfortable, but I think there's more to it than that. Could that be the reason Seras is crying? She's thought about it, possibly due to taking care of Schroe, and she thinks she can't ever become a mother now?

I think you're right- we'll have to play the 'wait-and-see' game. Integra looks so nice, sleeping peacefully.

Also, everyone babbling about pregnancy keeps reminding me of how a certain Wallachian prince dealt with the issue, especially when it involved his mistress.
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Tommygunner70 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:12 am

Chaos Priest wrote:Actually this raises a question, can vampires get pregnant in this? I realize that apparently in some far off distant timeline that might not even happen due to various reasons Alucard might eventually impregnate some lady who will then give birth to D, and in one definitely not having happened timeline he got Lisa pregnant with one of the other Alucards (though it would be absolutely hilarious to see some kind of crack Hellsing/Castlevania crossover), that only shows that vampires might be able to get people pregnant, not become pregnant themselves. Just how does vampire biology work in that aspect an...

Hmmm....

Damn it... there are plenty of guides to vampires, but no one ever wrote one on vampiric natural conception as opposed to the 'Bite neck' conception.

FelinaofL2 wrote:
I think you're right- we'll have to play the 'wait-and-see' game.

Fuck I hate that game >.<

Tommygunner70
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:03 am

(Conversation at dinner between me, a friend, and my boyfriend)

Katie: Girls just go for angsty boys (referring to Sasuke of Naruto)...
Jeremy: Girls love emos!
Katie: Nooo, we love angst!
Jeremy: Yeah, emos!
Me: Hey! There is a difference between angst and emo, okay? They are similar, but there's a difference! Say you compare Sasuke to...Seras Victoria. They have similar pasts -
Jeremy (who hasn't seen or read most of Hellsing): But Seras didn't watch her entire family get killed!
Me: Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh, ABOUT that...
Jeremy (beat): Dammit!

Poor Seras. Forced to relive those awful memories. Hey, here's a question: Alucard can walk into dreams, so why didn't he do it before? Are those dreams just so suppressed for Seras that even he didn't know, or did he never bother to find out?
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Shadowfax272 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Tommygunner70 wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:Actually this raises a question, can vampires get pregnant in this? I realize that apparently in some far off distant timeline that might not even happen due to various reasons Alucard might eventually impregnate some lady who will then give birth to D, and in one definitely not having happened timeline he got Lisa pregnant with one of the other Alucards (though it would be absolutely hilarious to see some kind of crack Hellsing/Castlevania crossover), that only shows that vampires might be able to get people pregnant, not become pregnant themselves. Just how does vampire biology work in that aspect an...

Hmmm....

Damn it... there are plenty of guides to vampires, but no one ever wrote one on vampiric natural conception as opposed to the 'Bite neck' conception.

FelinaofL2 wrote:
I think you're right- we'll have to play the 'wait-and-see' game.

Fuck I hate that game >.<

It has been mentioned that vampires have no...living seed, since they're dead. This probably means vampires cannot give birth either, since their bodily functions don't work so they can't sustain a child. I did however see an interesting fanfic...
Jetzt auf! In Bergen und Klüften
Tobt morgen der freudige Krieg!

Das Wild in Fluren und Triften,
Der Aar in Wolken und Lüften
Ist unser, und unser der Sieg!
Shadowfax272
Regular Poster

Postby Tommygunner70 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Shadowfax272 wrote:It has been mentioned that vampires have no...living seed, since they're dead. This probably means vampires cannot give birth either, since their bodily functions don't work so they can't sustain a child. I did however see an interesting fanfic...

I take it you mean DuchessRaven's 'The Way to an Heir'.

Tommygunner70
Regular Poster

Next

Return to And Shine Heaven Now