Betrayal

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: Betrayal

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Looks like Schroe is doing the "big reveal."

...That sounded wrong.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Xuanwu wrote:He could be the first Ijin created, since he's about 17 years old (I think).

...you seriously think he's 17?
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Michigami on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:58 pm

SailorPtah wrote:
Xuanwu wrote:He could be the first Ijin created, since he's about 17 years old (I think).

i thought physically he was supposed to be like 15, but is really considerably older.

and is it bad that i'm suddenly thinking "duuude, maybe the library was already working for millenium without fully realizing it." and a bunch of other things, and even the preservation project could work toward their means, or have actually been begun by them. (heh, even anderson was most likely/obviously based on their research.) i mean it's already canon that Mill. had many, many operatives placed high up in the world's governments and agencies, and especially england before the war, why would the library be immune? all that knowledge just waiting to be exploited, and knowledge IS the greatest resource needed when planning a war.

curse my fanfic-addled brain for going "duuude, crossover would almost be possible..." and the rambling thoughts begin.
http://shiningamimaxwell.deviantart.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/michigami
-
Con Schedule for 2010:
January 29-31, Columbus, Oh - http://www.ohayocon.org/
April 8-11, Pittsburgh, Pa - http://www.tekkoshocon.com/
August 13-15, Worthington, Oh - http://www.matsuricon.org/
Michigami
Regular Poster

Location: in front of the computer, surrounded by books, and slightly to the left of the sewing supplies.

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:08 pm

SailorPtah wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that he's supposed to be a teenager, since Hitler Youths tended to be older teens (14-18). Obviously, he's not drawn that way. The question is whether he's 17 in physical existence or just cosmetically, like the rest of Millennium. OVA flashbacks in the end credits have him running around in WW2, but that may be non-canon since those same credits have normal Alucard and not Girlycard. I usually think of him as a creation Doc came up with while in South America, since Schroe was designed for the purpose of poisoning Alucard and Major (presumably) wouldn't have that goal until after WW2.

and is it bad that i'm suddenly thinking "duuude, maybe the library was already working for millenium without fully realizing it." and a bunch of other things, and even the preservation project could work toward their means, or have actually been begun by them. (heh, even anderson was most likely/obviously based on their research.) i mean it's already canon that Mill. had many, many operatives placed high up in the world's governments and agencies, and especially england before the war, why would the library be immune? all that knowledge just waiting to be exploited, and knowledge IS the greatest resource needed when planning a war.

That was the plot of my Shine or Die 2 proposal.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:50 am

Xuanwu wrote:Looks like Schroe is doing the "big reveal."

...That sounded wrong.

Especially considering the way your last post ended.
SailorPtah wrote:He's a super-powered humanoid named Schroedinger whose abilities relate to the talents of the historical figure Schroedinger.

You do the math.

You know, I might have to add that theory to the Wild Mass Guessing page for Hellsing.

Anyway, it may be silly and cliche, but somebody's gotta say it. *ahem*
Dum Dum Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:22 am

Chaos Priest wrote:Anyway, it may be silly and cliche, but somebody's gotta say it. *ahem*
Dum Dum Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

Awww I wanted to do that :(
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 am

Holy crap. :o We know what happens when Walter catches a Nazi with his wires and says in surprise "YOU!"....
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 am

FelinaofL2 wrote:Holy crap. :o We know what happens when Walter catches a Nazi with his wires and says in surprise "YOU!"....

Well, he didn't know about Schro-Schro being a Nazi. He thought he was still a harmless catboy. So, that's that.

Seras is stated as being C Cups, even though the relative dimensions of her breasts to her head vary widely across different sources. (One toy had them being slightly larger than her head, making her J cups, but that's not canon.) They appear large mainly due to the tight shirt. Yomiko's breast-to-head ratio in the ROD TV series was much larger than Seras's and in official art where she wears revealing clothes it's clear nature was very very generous to her. So D's are a good extrapolation from this. It's interesting that her bust size in the TV series is significantly larger than her OVA design - it's said the TV people wanted to "sex her up" so rather than change her clothes they just added to her chest.

Really? Seras is a C Cup? I had her pegged as a D (this is just girl analysis - I have a friend who's DD). But Hirano-sensei said they keep changing sizes, so I guess the average of all her appearances would equal the official size. In the ROD manga, Yomiko's measurements were listed as 33-23-34 by a student, so would that make her a D? It seems pretty accurate, given the pictures in the manga, but I guess you're right - they looked a little smaller in the OVA than they did in the manga, but that could just be the coat hiding them.

If you're wondering what girls talk about after seeing any particular anime, it is sometimes this, BTW. :P
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Frey on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:00 am

Xuanwu wrote:Oh, I forgot about this idea. Major as a fanboy for War and as a fanboy for Integra both made sense to me. I even imagined his cyborg body being steered by a little fanboy version of him, ala some of the aliens in Men in Black.
I also emailed the idea a while ago as well. A coincidence.
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby Mars on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Brynnie-chan wrote:
FelinaofL2 wrote:Holy crap. :o We know what happens when Walter catches a Nazi with his wires and says in surprise "YOU!"....

Well, he didn't know about Schro-Schro being a Nazi. He thought he was still a harmless catboy. So, that's that.

Seras is stated as being C Cups, even though the relative dimensions of her breasts to her head vary widely across different sources. (One toy had them being slightly larger than her head, making her J cups, but that's not canon.) They appear large mainly due to the tight shirt. Yomiko's breast-to-head ratio in the ROD TV series was much larger than Seras's and in official art where she wears revealing clothes it's clear nature was very very generous to her. So D's are a good extrapolation from this. It's interesting that her bust size in the TV series is significantly larger than her OVA design - it's said the TV people wanted to "sex her up" so rather than change her clothes they just added to her chest.

Really? Seras is a C Cup? I had her pegged as a D (this is just girl analysis - I have a friend who's DD). But Hirano-sensei said they keep changing sizes, so I guess the average of all her appearances would equal the official size. In the ROD manga, Yomiko's measurements were listed as 33-23-34 by a student, so would that make her a D? It seems pretty accurate, given the pictures in the manga, but I guess you're right - they looked a little smaller in the OVA than they did in the manga, but that could just be the coat hiding them.

If you're wondering what girls talk about after seeing any particular anime, it is sometimes this, BTW. :P

I'm like that usually. Code Geass' bust rating chart helped, but it's so hard! In fact, with my writing and drawing, I want to be completely accurate so no one has these problems. It's so annoying.

Also, I didn't know Walter had a daughter who was a hostage of Millennium. Puts a new spin on the vampirization thing, huh.

And about the Shine or Die 2 Proposal: ... does that mean Alan Moore was right and England's gonna be taken over by Nazi's?!

... I knew Alan Moore had magical powers.
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Mars wrote:Also, I didn't know Walter had a daughter who was a hostage of Millennium. Puts a new spin on the vampirization thing, huh.

I didn't know either? Where did you get that from?
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Mars on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Atticusblackwolf wrote:
Mars wrote:Also, I didn't know Walter had a daughter who was a hostage of Millennium. Puts a new spin on the vampirization thing, huh.

The "And Shine Heaven Now" TV tropes page.
I Have Your Wife ( Walter. Millennium has his daughter, Maggie. )
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Mars wrote:
Atticusblackwolf wrote:I didn't know either? Where did you get that from?

...damnit, I knew I shouldn't have put that on there before it appeared.

You guys now know more than Walter does. (Guess what Schroe's going to tell him in ~two strips?)
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mars on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:42 pm

SailorPtah wrote:
Mars wrote:

You guys now know more than Walter does. (Guess what Schroe's going to tell him in ~two strips?)

Wow. Isn't she part Chinese or Vietnamese? I found a strip (somehow) and there was a comment about that.

...Erin, are you reading any Alan Moore comics right now?

Ooh I got it!
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Mars wrote:...Erin, are you reading any Alan Moore comics right now?

Not at the moment. But I've read V for Vendetta and Watchmen (and I own the latter).
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mars on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:01 pm

SailorPtah wrote:
Mars wrote:...Erin, are you reading any Alan Moore comics right now?

Not at the moment. But I've read V for Vendetta and Watchmen (and I own the latter).

I KNEW IT! (The secret daughter speaking cantonese (which is spoken in China and Vietnam) reminded me of that whole incident with the Comedian and the Vietnamese lady. It makes sense! ... Or I'm reading too much into things. I'm not saying you took the idea, it's just the vibes. Two special operatives of Western countries having a fling with someone of that area and then pregnancy. Luckily Walter's not as psycho as Mr. Blake.)

I just finished my second read-through of Watchmen, myself, and I'm going to get V for Vendetta from the Library soon. My brain will mature yet.

Ooh I got it!
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby Michigami on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:29 pm

awww, and i was hoping there'd be a reveal of an evil ijin jeeves and we'd have a wires vs wires battle of student vs mentor with a tearful ending and lots of ms-paint bloodshed.
http://shiningamimaxwell.deviantart.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/michigami
-
Con Schedule for 2010:
January 29-31, Columbus, Oh - http://www.ohayocon.org/
April 8-11, Pittsburgh, Pa - http://www.tekkoshocon.com/
August 13-15, Worthington, Oh - http://www.matsuricon.org/
Michigami
Regular Poster

Location: in front of the computer, surrounded by books, and slightly to the left of the sewing supplies.

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:46 pm

SailorPtah wrote:
Mars wrote:

Dang. That 86's my Walter arc idea.

One point of critique: Schroe would've let Walter slice him up and then appeared behind him, just to assert his own indestructibility.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:30 am

Mars wrote:
Atticusblackwolf wrote:

I Have Your Wife ( Walter. Millennium has his daughter, Maggie. )

I totally and stupidly forgot all about that.
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby FelinaofL2 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 am

Michigami wrote:awww, and i was hoping there'd be a reveal of an evil ijin jeeves and we'd have a wires vs wires battle of student vs mentor with a tearful ending and lots of ms-paint bloodshed.

That would've been HOT. :D
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now