Isn't that a little bit dangerous, Jeeves?

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: Isn't that a little bit dangerous, Jeeves?

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:53 pm

BigKwell wrote:I'm not really sure calling Heinkel 'a girl' is quite acurate, if what we saw with Timothy is of any indication.

Well, she's mostly girl, so I think it counts.

In other news, I finally bought Hellsing IV Limited Edition (steel case version). The Rippy pic on the cover is GORGEOUS. Easily one of the sexiest Rippy pics around. She's got a sultry "Come here and let me kill you" look. :shucks:

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:47 am

Whatever, it sufficiently freaked out Enrico that I'm laughing.
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 am

BigKwell wrote:I'm not really sure calling Heinkel 'a girl' is quite acurate, if what we saw with Timothy is of any indication.

...that would probably explain why the song lyrics never refer to Heinkel as "a girl" or "she", yes?
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Romanticide on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:23 am

I don't like the original song of this sunday strip, (as it talks about kissing people just to be "rebelious" combined with the video, comes this feeling that this video is one of many that encourage lesbians only when they are Hollywood sexy...) ok I'm done with my catharsis...
But the editing sounds really apropiate to Yumie and Yumiko XD
Romanticide
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:48 am

Romanticide wrote:I don't like the original song of this sunday strip, (as it talks about kissing people just to be "rebelious" combined with the video, comes this feeling that this video is one of many that encourage lesbians only when they are Hollywood sexy...)

The video is one thing, but the song? It's deliciously angsty. The singer has a boyfriend, and she thinks everything is fine, and then a babe with cherry chapstick introduces her to the magic that is kissing girls, and her world is thrown into turmoil.

You can imagine Enrico singing the same thing about Integra: "Sure, she has soft lips and smooth skin, but it doesn't mean anything!" Or, if you flip the pronouns, Stephen Colbert: "Kissing him felt so wrong - but so right - but I'm not in love, I swear!" And, well, you know how I feel about characters like that :D
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Romanticide on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 pm

SailorPtah wrote:The video is one thing, but the song? It's deliciously angsty. The singer has a boyfriend, and she thinks everything is fine, and then a babe with cherry chapstick introduces her to the magic that is kissing girls, and her world is thrown into turmoil.

and what about this part then:
No, I don't even know your name
It doesn't matter,
You're my experimental game
Just human nature

Doesn't look angsty to me... unless it's denial...
Romanticide
Regular Poster

Postby Snowcat on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:57 pm

This is awesome. FreakedOut!Maxwell is just priceless.

But about the gender question...When Yumiko says "I think she's gay", she's talking about Yumie, right? And since Yumie kissed Heinkel, it sounds a bit like she's implying that Heinkel is female.

Also, "Sin of Sodom" has certain...implications. It would sound a lot different if she was just saying "I'm a nun and I'm not suppossed to kiss ANYONE!"

But ultimatly, it's really funny, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Post Script- First time poster, long time fan. Erin, you are like a God to me.
Snowcat
Regular Poster

Postby Snowcat on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:17 pm

P.P.S-

After a month or two of x-overs with manga I've never heard of, I've been in fangirl bliss for a while now. Jeeves and Wooster??? Epic. I loved the Jeeves stories...was a bit surprised to find that Erin slashed them, but I got used to it. :) Then I reread the books, and was startled by what I missed oh so long ago. I was so young and innocent. :wink:
And then the series just ENDed, probably with GirlyCard EATING them? I almost had a heart attack.

I'm thrilled beyond belief for the Good Omens story line, but now Ihave nagging questions Remember that comic where we learned that all Good Omens fanfic is the same, but it's addictive anyway? Does this mean Erin's going to give us Aziraphale/Crowley? And will she KILL THEM this time? (Ok, fine, imortal beings. Whatever.)

Not that I expect to get an answer until the series starts, but I am way too excited to wait...1 whole day. Wow that's sad.

kthnxbai
Snowcat
Regular Poster

Postby Mars on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm

Ooh, I can't wait. I really want to know the Time period of the next arc (that way I can be sure my crack pairing would be... somewhat less crackish. D: And I'm only on page 278 of Good Omens. Way too early for Crack pairings! But monster-ish beings and strong female pairings are so awesome![anyone guess the crack pairing? :) I'll give you two hints: Y!IHxAY, and it's a crossover]) Goodness gracious, mercy me! I can't wait :lol:

Snowcat wrote:P.P.S-

After a month or two of x-overs with manga I've never heard of, I've been in fangirl bliss for a while now. Jeeves and Wooster??? Epic. I loved the Jeeves stories...was a bit surprised to find that Erin slashed them, but I got used to it. Then I reread the books, and was startled by what I missed oh so long ago. I was so young and innocent.
And then the series just ENDed, probably with GirlyCard EATING them? I almost had a heart attack.

I'm thrilled beyond belief for the Good Omens story line, but now Ihave nagging questions Remember that comic where we learned that all Good Omens fanfic is the same, but it's addictive anyway? Does this mean Erin's going to give us Aziraphale/Crowley? And will she KILL THEM this time? (Ok, fine, imortal beings. Whatever.)

Not that I expect to get an answer until the series starts, but I am way too excited to wait...1 whole day. Wow that's sad.

What comic are you talking about?
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby Snowcat on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:08 pm

Oh, I don't know...it was a Helena book review thing, I think...there was this long explanation about how all fanfic goes the same way- dinner at the Ritz, angst, random crack pairings in the background, and then Erin was accused of staying up way too late reading this stuff. It was a while ago.
Snowcat
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 pm

And I think the catboy's a spy. (Actually, I KNOW he is, just being snarky at Integra)

Is Yomiko going to try to defend herself to Integra or has she hightailed it to wherever she went by now? Or is that a plot point?
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Romanticide wrote:
No, I don't even know your name
It doesn't matter,
You're my experimental game
Just human nature

Doesn't look angsty to me... unless it's denial...

That is denial slathered in denial sauce and topped with a delicious cherry of denial :D

Snowcat wrote:But about the gender question...When Yumiko says "I think she's gay", she's talking about Yumie, right? And since Yumie kissed Heinkel, it sounds a bit like she's implying that Heinkel is female.

Two possible explanations:

(1) This song was sung at a time before Yumiko had found out that Heinkel is intersex.

(2) Yumiko knew . . . but Yumie didn't.

Snowcat wrote:And then the series just ENDed, probably with GirlyCard EATING them? I almost had a heart attack.

Hey, hey, think about this for a minute. The story ended in 1939. What happened in '39 that would have Hellsing release Girlycard and send her to pick up its two most fearsome soldiers?

Snowcat wrote:Remember that comic where we learned that all Good Omens fanfic is the same, but it's addictive anyway?

In the upcoming storyline I will attempt to both honor and send up the time-honored cliches of the genre. As for how exactly that's going to work out . . . and what's going to happen to Yomiko . . . and the answers to all the other questions I'm sure are burning in your minds . . . just keep reading, folks. All will become clear. Eventually.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Kazokuhouou wrote:And I think the catboy's a spy. (Actually, I KNOW he is, just being snarky at Integra)

Is Yomiko going to try to defend herself to Integra or has she hightailed it to wherever she went by now? Or is that a plot point?

Schroe's personality has already been swapped back to normal, this was shown in the last fangirl arc. Yomiko's already in hiding at this point. (At least, in the TV series by the time the fire goes public she's disappeared beyond the trace of all of Britain's agencies.)

I'm sure the Major is happy she's gone. Yomiko's power is such she could stop the entire invasion fleet single handedly. She can create whole skyscrapers from paper, so she can definitely make a wall to knock them out of the air before they get close and a shield to block the missiles. She could also replicate Alucard's impalement trick. It'd be a bad day for Millennium with her in the mix.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Romanticide on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:01 pm

SailorPtah wrote:That is denial slathered in denial sauce and topped with a delicious cherry of denial :D

Oh well then :D , I will try to see it that way instead of cringing and screaming "Equality is going to the crapper again!!!"

Schroe not apreciating the gravity of the situation? Au contrarie, I think he is apreciating A LOT the gravity of the situation, more like reveling in it...
Romanticide
Regular Poster

Postby Snowcat on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:09 pm

Hey, hey, think about this for a minute. The story ended in 1939. What happened in '39 that would have Hellsing release Girlycard and send her to pick up its two most fearsome soldiers?

I knew the GirlyCard eating them theory sounded stupid. Brooke, I hate you for every putting that idea in my head.

*Is very excited for next storyline*
Snowcat
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:58 am

Xuanwu wrote:
Kazokuhouou wrote:And I think the catboy's a spy. (Actually, I KNOW he is, just being snarky at Integra)

Schroe's personality has already been swapped back to normal, this was shown in the last fangirl arc. Yomiko's already in hiding at this point. (At least, in the TV series by the time the fire goes public she's disappeared beyond the trace of all of Britain's agencies.)

I'm sure the Major is happy she's gone. Yomiko's power is such she could stop the entire invasion fleet single handedly. She can create whole skyscrapers from paper, so she can definitely make a wall to knock them out of the air before they get close and a shield to block the missiles. She could also replicate Alucard's impalement trick. It'd be a bad day for Millennium with her in the mix.

.....Dammit, I hadn't thought of that. Yomiko accidentally endangered all of London. Wah. :( But at least that second panel reminded me of Vol. 7's cover. The Manga Where Seras Went Crazy... :D And now, we get Yomiko goodness and a Good Omens crossover! For some reason, I can see Yomiko recognizing Crowley and Aziraphale for what they are the moment she meets them. (privately pictured her doing the same with Alucard in her own crossover... mostly for the sake of imagining her screaming "You're DRACULA!")

And yes, Darthmiho, the male papermasters rock. I <3 Ridley Wan.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Kazokuhouou on Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 am

Wait. If I'm remembering correctly, Alucard didn't recognize Agent Paper, though Integra did. Wouldn't a plot hole happen if Alucard meets Yomiko in Flashback: The Second Coming? Or did he just get bonked on the head one too many times?

Incidentally, I wonder how Bertie would react if he found out Walter was going vampire hunting in Nazi Germany. (Jeeves would probably understand)
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Mars on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:45 am

SailorPtah wrote:
Snowcat wrote:Remember that comic where we learned that all Good Omens fanfic is the same, but it's addictive anyway?

In the upcoming storyline I will attempt to both honor and send up the time-honored cliches of the genre. As for how exactly that's going to work out . . . and what's going to happen to Yomiko . . . and the answers to all the other questions I'm sure are burning in your minds . . . just keep reading, folks. All will become clear. Eventually.

Does that mean we're going to meet the embodiment of Christ? o.o (I have staved off reading the yaoi, due to I still can't see it. I've only read Bad Grace by Quantum Witch, and It's... scary to me. More on that later.
Finally, I remember to do a signature! Oh the wonder! Oh the happiness! ... I don't even have a snappy remark to make.

D: I am in DESPAIR! The lack of a snappy remark for my signature has left me in despair!

Ooh I got it!
[about a scene in "Isn't that a bit Dangerous, Jeeves?"]"He looks nothing like Jesus. Jesus had a beard."
Mars
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:09 am

Kazokuhouou wrote:Wouldn't a plot hole happen if Alucard meets Yomiko in Flashback: The Second Coming?

Yes. Yes, it would.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby FelinaofL2 on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:37 pm

SailorPtah wrote:
Kazokuhouou wrote:Wouldn't a plot hole happen if Alucard meets Yomiko in Flashback: The Second Coming?

Yes. Yes, it would.

So, would we have to have Sailor Pluto fix it? XD

(Wait... What happened to her when the science community said Pluto WASN'T a planet? :-? )
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now