NEXT CROSSOVER SERIES!!

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Re: NEXT CROSSOVER SERIES!!

Postby BigKwell on Thu May 08, 2008 8:32 am

Came up with a few more ideas - although some of them are just plain silly to be believable or may involve something improbable like time and dimensional travel.

First:

AZUMANGA DAIOH! (I know, not much on action - and a bit TOO silly but I would like to see Sakaki try to pet Schro)

VAMPIRE HUNTER D! (one of those that may involve time travel - 10,000 years into the future, in fact! Might be interesting if Alucard were to meet the product of his misspent 'youth', though)

DIRTY PAIR/DIRTY PAIR FLASH! (again involving time travel, and possible dimensional travel. Make sure the property insurance is paid-up before attempting, though)

SLAYERS! (one more with time and/or dimensional travel. Lots of magic and lots of laughs, though. Just... make sure Pip doesn't make any mention of Lina Inverse's lack of a bust. He'll never survive!)
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."
Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Frey on Sat May 10, 2008 6:14 pm

Well, the Gantz manga states that there are other places in the world that have that particular Gantz room. So, a London Gantz could have the Hellsing staff ending up trying to acclaim 100 points each in order to be free from Gantz. The manga Gantz does have vampires, although these "vampires' burn when exposed to sunlight (the Gantz vampires can even become "hunters" as evidenced by two of them doing so). Also, the current Gantz arc involved the Tokyo Gantz "hunters" being shifted to Osaka and fighting the various spirits and monsters of Japanese mythology, so a Hellsing/Gantz crossover could have the Hellsing staff going up against spirts and creatures of British, Welsh, Cornish, Scottish and Irish mythology and folklore (Bubbancy and Marian could also show up as well).
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby Kazokuhouou on Sat May 10, 2008 9:27 pm

It'd be mildly interesting to see this crossover with Blackadder (given timeline, probably the one in Blackadder Back and Forth) although for the life of me I couldn't think of HOW.

Doctor Who is also a good idea, cause we all know about the Doctor, England, and the supernatural.

And just for the heck of it, Iron Chef. Particularly if fangirls get involved. (Dibs on the Chairman!)
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster

Postby Athos on Sat May 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Kazokuhouou wrote:It'd be mildly interesting to see this crossover with Blackadder (given timeline, probably the one in Blackadder Back and Forth) although for the life of me I couldn't think of HOW.

Doctor Who is also a good idea, cause we all know about the Doctor, England, and the supernatural.

And just for the heck of it, Iron Chef. Particularly if fangirls get involved. (Dibs on the Chairman!)

Actually, I think that the WWI Blackadder is another series that can be crossed with a little imagination.

Imagine, a visit to the Hellsing Archives/Album where memorable operations over the decades have been recorded.

And we can have Flashman in. He's a bit old by the time of Dracula, if I remember right since he was involved in all three major events at Balaclava in '54.

Sherlock Holmes is an easy suggestion for another Archive story. He and Flashman might play some small part in the establishment of the Hellsing Organization after the defeat of Dracula. Perhaps setting up the events that took Walter to Hong Kong.
Athos
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Sat May 10, 2008 10:41 pm

Um... to be perfectly honest I was kinda joking about the whole superhero crossover. To be perfectly honest, while a crossover can be interesting every once and a while, I'd personally prefer to see more storylines that had new threats or something like that to deal with without using crossovers. Just good old fashioned Hellsing/Iscariot/Millennium stuff (like the current one for example). Crossovers are fine, but not in excess. If you walk too far down that path you wind up with Ranma getting unwillingly engaged to Seras (although that would be entertaining and doubtless has been done in some fanfic out there), or Marian awakening as a Sailor Scout, or something.

If I were to recommend/request a crossover though, I admit I would love to see one with Mercedes Lackey's Elemental Masters series. Objectively though that runs into several problems, such as time frame (WWI and earlier) or having to add in a third secret organization for keeping England safe from things out of the ordinary. I like the Exter Club, but it's getting pretty crowded in Shine's England and I don't know if there's room for it. There would also be the problem of integrating elemental magic/summoning and psychic powers with what already exists. Like I said, I'd love to see it, but I don't know if it would work out or if you would want to (although you still might want to pick up a novel or two to see what you think about it... <_<)

As far as cameos go though I am firmly of the opinion that at some random point Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged should show up, insult somebody, and leave. No explanation or lead up or anything like that given in the comic, just a quick pop in to insult somebody.
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Sun May 11, 2008 5:30 am

Kazokuhouou wrote:And just for the heck of it, Iron Chef. Particularly if fangirls get involved. (Dibs on the Chairman!)

That can probably be done:

Walter can be entered, just becasue Enrico entered somebody( say Anderson,I'm just guessing at who can cook)and it can all go in the direction that they just want to beat each other at another contest and could take over the compition. Walter and Anderson can be left to the moutain of dishes, talking about how silly this is. silly idea of mine
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby SailorPtah on Mon May 12, 2008 5:44 pm

Chaos Priest wrote:I like the Exter Club, but it's getting pretty crowded in Shine's England and I don't know if there's room for it.

Don't you know? Everything fits in England!

Chaos Priest wrote:I am firmly of the opinion that at some random point Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged should show up, insult somebody, and leave.

Oh, I think that can be arranged. Got a reference pic I can use?
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Athos on Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 pm

I think he's just a generic humanoid with funny clothes. My copy of...oh be hanged, I don't remember which book he's in. He's not in the first Hitchhiker novel, but I'm pretty sure he's in the original 'trilogy' part. Anyway, you'd have to arrange the presence of someone named Arthur D -Something since he's insulting every lifeform in the universe in alphabetical order.

Unless he visited Arthur pretty far in the future. In which case, he could just show up for Alucard.
Athos
Regular Poster

Postby Chaos Priest on Mon May 12, 2008 6:13 pm

SailorPtah wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:I like the Exter Club, but it's getting pretty crowded in Shine's England and I don't know if there's room for it.

Don't you know? Everything fits in England!

Well, uh, if you don't mind taking suggestions, The Serpent's Shadow is a pretty good place to start with the series, and does a decent job of explaining the magic. Actually thinking back on it (as my copy of the book is still packed up who-knows-where) there is magic other then the elemental magic in that series, it just isn't in the forefront of most of the books. That book has it though, with the magic used by a priestess of Kali.

As for psychics, a good book for that in the series is The Wizard of London. That book also has some undead in it (just spirits though, no vampires). This one also has Puck/Robin Goodfellow in it, if your a fan of him.

SailorPtah wrote:
Chaos Priest wrote:I am firmly of the opinion that at some random point Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged should show up, insult somebody, and leave.

Oh, I think that can be arranged. Got a reference pic I can use?

Unfortunately no, I don't really know of any pictures. I believe the book he was in was Life, the Universe, and Everything. There is this quote about his appearance, but that's about all I can find.
Wowbagger has a pecuiliar alien tallness, a peculier alien flattened head, peculiar slitty little alien eyes, extravagantly draped golden robes with a peculiarly alien collar design, and a pale gray green alien skin that has that lustrous sheen about it that most gray green races can acquire only with plenty of exercise and very expensive soap
"I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent."
"Ah, but I am a master of unarmed combat!"
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Tue May 13, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah, Wowbagger was in the third book of the five book trilogy, so he wasn't in the TV series or movie. Now, I believe DC made some comic books based on the Hitchhiker's Guide books. If they drew the third one, there may be some art of him.

Edit: I checked and turns out DC did release a comic form of the third book in 1996. So check a comic shop and see if you can get some issues of it.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Frey on Wed May 21, 2008 5:05 am

A Hellsing and Jojo crossover could just revolve around the discovery of more of the masks (that turns humans into vampires) which end up in London with Jotaro going there to destroy the masks and running into Hellsing (who would be in the midst of exterminating the numerous Jojo vampires that keep popping up) and then trying to determine who is responsible for the mayhem that is going on.

Seras: Master, just what kind of vampires burn when exposed to sunlight, suck blood through tentacles in their fingers (despite having vampire fangs), and are always yelling WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Alucard: I have no idea, Police Girl.
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby BigKwell on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:21 pm

I'd like to expand on my earlier suggestion of 'Haruhi Suzumiya'. I would think that the SOS Brigade (during a break) would be invited to England for a cultural studies trip (wonder if that's possible, though). However, the others, except for Haruhi, would be let-in that there's an ulterior motive for the background of the trip - that Koizume's 'Organization' had arranged the trip because it would distract Haruhi from making any rash fantasies about 'mysterious happenings' in England, and would co-ordinate with the Hellsing Organization to make sure that nothing abnormal happens. Be hard to figure out what the plot is, though.

One more thing - it would be interesting to find-out Mikuru's reaction of seeing Pip and Seras. She IS from the future, and I would figure she would have sad thoughts, knowing what will happen to both in the future.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Abadon XXX wrote:Hellboy and hellsing >>

Yeah, that what I was thinking! Since with all the hoopla about the upcoming Hellboy movie, it seems to be a natural!

(although I still prefer either Tenchi or Haruhi Suzumiya)
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:12 am

BigKwell wrote:
Abadon XXX wrote:Hellboy and hellsing >>

Yeah, that what I was thinking! Since with all the hoopla about the upcoming Hellboy movie, it seems to be a natural!

(although I still prefer either Tenchi or Haruhi Suzumiya)

Thje movie actually looks kinda good. It's directed by the same guy who did Pan's Labrynth.
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Known Stranger on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:11 pm

A Good Omens crossover would be intresting.
I am the insane sketch of a raven on the blackboard in violet chalk,
The blood on the roses, and the shadow that walks,
I am the Mad Hatter, Drinking tea, Killing time,
I am the voice that you hear in your mind.
Known Stranger
Regular Poster

Postby Mrrout on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:07 am

i was wondering if a crossover between shine and harlock would be possible

then i found...(DOM DOOM DOOM...) THIS!http://www.strangecandy.net/d/20051117.html
Mrrout
Regular Poster

Postby BigKwell on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 pm

I know I haven't seen this series yet... but maybe Karin/Chibi Vampire might be interesting.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby DarkAsylum on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:11 pm

I would personaly LOVE to see either a XXXHOLiC,because Yuuko is EVERYWHERE, crossover or a Chobits crossover, I would Love to see the Hellsing's get a Chobit like Chi, considering you would think the Persocoms would be everywhere, it would be PRICELESS! All of the men of the series would have a HEYDAY! And I also think an Air gear crossover would just be the greatest and funniest thing ever!
DarkAsylum

Postby BigKwell on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:00 pm

DarkAsylum wrote:I would personaly LOVE to see either a XXXHOLiC,because Yuuko is EVERYWHERE, crossover or a Chobits crossover, I would Love to see the Hellsing's get a Chobit like Chi, considering you would think the Persocoms would be everywhere, it would be PRICELESS! All of the men of the series would have a HEYDAY! And I also think an Air gear crossover would just be the greatest and funniest thing ever!

I have a feeling you're into ANYTHING by CLAMP.
Elwin "Blaine" Coldiron

Stephen W. Hawking
BigKwell
Regular Poster

Postby DarkAsylum on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:40 pm

BigKwell wrote:
DarkAsylum wrote:I would personaly LOVE to see either a XXXHOLiC,because Yuuko is EVERYWHERE, crossover or a Chobits crossover, I would Love to see the Hellsing's get a Chobit like Chi, considering you would think the Persocoms would be everywhere, it would be PRICELESS! All of the men of the series would have a HEYDAY! And I also think an Air gear crossover would just be the greatest and funniest thing ever!

I have a feeling you're into ANYTHING by CLAMP.

Yep pretty much! Actually after I looked at stuff by SOLID ETC I drew a pic of Girlycard and Integra in a pose of Maru and Moro
DarkAsylum

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now