Rippy x Integra Shipping!

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Postby Atticus_blackwolf on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:51 pm

I really like the new avi Erin. Nice
An apple a day will keep anyone away, If you throw it hard enough.
- Stephen Colbert
User avatar
Atticus_blackwolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 2:43 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Shadowfax272 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Okay then! [The image I am using as an example is totally SFW. I already told the guy he doesn't need to filter it, but it looks like he forgot.]

1. Open the source code of the page you want.

2. Search for 'fc' using Ctrl+F and you will get a mangled URL - in this case which I am using as an example:
http:\/\/fc05.deviantart.com\/fs24\/f\/2007\/361\/2\/c\/Some_old_crappy_comic__by_lordsegosonar.png


3. Remove all backslashes (\) from the URL to get an ordinary URL...
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2007/361/2/c/Some_old_crappy_comic__by_lordsegosonar.png


4. Copy and paste this into your address bar and press Enter.

5. Voila! ;D
Jetzt auf! In Bergen und Klüften
Tobt morgen der freudige Krieg!

Das Wild in Fluren und Triften,
Der Aar in Wolken und Lüften
Ist unser, und unser der Sieg!
User avatar
Shadowfax272
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:55 am
Location: Neuschwabenland, Antarktis

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:11 pm

atticus_blackwolf wrote:I really like the new avi Erin. Nice

Thank you! I'm going to be hanging on to this one for a while :D
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm

atticus_blackwolf wrote:Now what would happen in a Rip X Baroness?

Baroness on top, almost certainly. Several reasons: she has a higher rank in her organization (Rippy's a Lt., Baroness is second only to Cobra Commander and shares power with Destro), she's more evil, and I think she already has a riding crop.

Erin wrote:But that's not sexy. That's just humiliating to Integra.


No, no, THIS is humiliating for Integra:

http://vegi-chan.deviantart.com/art/ich-hab-dich-29246976

http://vegi-chan.deviantart.com/art/Besessen-obsessed-32413174

(Heck, Vegi-chan's whole schtick is Integra x Major with the Major winning her hand via mind screw and torture. Disturbing, though well drawn.)

I always picture Rip as being more a playful captor than a "I'll break you into little pieces" sort. Kind of like:

Rip: And what happens when I touch this?

Integra: Wait, don't - OOOHH! *blush*

Rip: Mmmm! <3

Similar to Laura x Integra, but without the stomach stabbing and with more giggling on Rippy's part.

I don't buy it. Part of being a sub is being able to trust your Dom completely, and Integra doesn't trust anyone that much except herself. (Maybe Walter, but their relationship isn't sexual. Certainly not Rip.)

You also can't sub if you're not willing to give up control over a situation, and Integra very much needs to be in control.

I love me some good D/s, but if it's out-of-character then it just isn't hot.

I think some people's conceptions of Integra are different from yours - she strikes others as a closet sub with a dark side. I think you know the drill: when a series has a strong female, there are always those who like depicting that character as enjoying losing control.

There's also a viewpoint that Rippy is a devil while Integra is an angel (based on their respective story roles and color schemes).

http://bearcik.deviantart.com/art/Angel-and-devil-54108078

And usually, it's the devil who initiates intimate relations, thus putting Rippy on top.

As you say, Integra very much needs to be in control. That suggests a neurosis. I could see her choosing a time and place to surrender control, just so she can feel free of burden and responsibilities. You're right that Rippy probably wouldn't be the one she picks for that, though. This fanart probably reflects how you think an encounter would go:

http://pyschogecko.deviantart.com/art/Rip-hearts-Integra-12228038

(Unless Rip was Alucard's familiar at the time - it'd allow Integra to play with Alucard by proxy and still retain her virginity. Hm...)

Do you at least like the cutesy/cuddly fanart?

http://haruka666.deviantart.com/art/Clingy-47246061

http://entennen.deviantart.com/art/Integra-X-Rip-20204000

http://entennen.deviantart.com/art/Loving-you-41670565

(And I can't think about taped nipples without thinking "ow." Which doesn't help the hot factor. Though I do like sub!Rip sitting at Domme!Integra's feet.)

You should try drawing your own Integra x Rippy fanart! Then you can depict their relationship with the dynamic you like. I like the idea of Alucard using Rippy as his proxy to get past Integra's defenses on having a relationship with a subordinate. He absorbs the memories of those within him, so he gets to experience everything Rippy does when he reabsorbs her after an encounter.

Also, here's a new one you can't find on DevArt anymore. It's cute:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/ProfXuanwu/Hellsing__slap_IxR_by_Entennen.jpg
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Postby SailorPtah on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:40 pm


Ah, but you see, in those pictures, Integra looks mad about what's happening. As she did with the baobhan sith. As she would with Rip. That's very different from an "ooh, I'm being humiliated and I like it" scenario.

Xuanwu wrote:I think you know the drill: when a series has a strong female, there are always those who like depicting that character as enjoying losing control.

And this grates on every feminist nerve in my body. Let the strong women be strong women. On their own terms.

(The idea that Rip would be more likely to top because of color scheme is a huge stretch. Rip is a subordinate who falls apart when her opponent arrives; Integra is a commander who has laughed in the face of death. Those are their story roles. The fact that Rip is a villain with dark hair doesn't confer extra Domme ability.)

The cute and cuddly fanart is very sweet.

The Rip-with-a-crush art is certainly aww-worthy.

I don't object to the idea of the pairing in general, just the idea that Rip would be tough enough to tie Integra up.
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Postby Xuanwu on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:10 am

SailorPtah wrote:And this grates on every feminist nerve in my body. Let the strong women be strong women. On their own terms.

I dunno - I can picture Integra as the type to see relaxation as being a condition where someone else takes control. She was thrust into leadership, forced to take command for Queen and country. She become strong because she had to, not because it was her choice. I think, deep down, she wishes there was someone else she could rely on, but she knows there isn't. And because of her uncle's betrayal, she's very wary of trusting anyone. (It's why vacation isn't the same as relaxation, because she's still in a circumstance where she has to control herself to keep up a certain public image.)

So if Rip could earn her trust (and the only circumstance I can picture this happening is if she's Alucard's familiar) I could see Integra letting Rip take over on occasion. And there's also the fact that dominant people aren't necessarily dominant all the time. I'm sure Integra has mood changes like anyone.

(The idea that Rip would be more likely to top because of color scheme is a huge stretch. Rip is a subordinate who falls apart when her opponent arrives; Integra is a commander who has laughed in the face of death. Those are their story roles. The fact that Rip is a villain with dark hair doesn't confer extra Domme ability.)

The "dark hair doms blond hair" trope is fairly common; that's why I brought it up. (Examples include Rei x Usagi and Himeko x Chikane.) Integra is an exception, since she's blond but not the bubbly sort.

On the "falls apart" thing: in her defense, Rippy did pull herself together and confront her fears in the end, showing the same courage Integra had when she faced her uncle. And remember that to Rip, Alucard was the most frightening thing she had ever confronted in her entire existence. Alucard was literally the embodiment of Rippy's darkest fears, a giant monster she'd been constructing subconsciously for decades, who she had thought would come to drag her into the abyss once and for all.

Integra's faced death plenty of times, which makes sense why she can act so cool when confronted with it. I think even Integra might stumble if confronted with something truly frightening (kind of what happened when she had to shoot her own men) - we'll see what happens to her emotions now that Alucard is gone.

The cute and cuddly fanart is very sweet.

The Rip-with-a-crush art is certainly aww-worthy.

I don't object to the idea of the pairing in general, just the idea that Rip would be tough enough to tie Integra up.

Draw cutesy Rip x Integra fanart! You know you want to. One idea: Rippy and Integra at the beach, with Rip jealous of Integra's ability to tan.
Last edited by Xuanwu on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Postby Mrrout on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:16 am

Actually, a friend of mine told me how to bypass the mature content filter to see any picture...I don't see why I would want to in many cases but if you want, I can post the instructions. It's nothing illegal or anything, don't worry
_________________


thank you very much, but i think i can see them at home. The problem is only at work, because of filters.
User avatar
Mrrout
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: france

Postby Illusionist on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:08 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with strong characters subbing in fanart/fiction. Partly because I don't fanboy anyone in Hellsing as hard as Erin fangirls Integra, so I don't really mind seeing Hellsing characters act a little OOC, and partly because of power bottoms - people who enjoy being in control, but prefer the physical aspects of being the sub.

Also, I lold hard at the WTFno picture.
Warren Ellis: I figure that the more of you there are around me, the more chance there is of the inevitable hail of bullets hitting you instead of me.

Dr. Kelso: In order to save us some time, I shall be calling all the males "Daves" and all the females "Debbies".
Debbie: Debbie is actually my name!
Dr. Kelso: Then in fairness to the others, you will be "Slagathor".
User avatar
Illusionist
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:36 am
Location: Hoth, judging by how Gorram cold it is

Re: Rippy x Integra Shipping!

Postby astharoshe on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:16 pm

Now, if it was the "Rippy manifested as Alucard's servant" scenario, Integra would definitely be on top. I have one H doujin where that's the case, but since it involves Rippy and Seras having *ahem* extra parts, I doubt you'd like it that much.


xuanwu could you by chance send me the H doujin? :D
User avatar
astharoshe
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:28 pm

Re:

Postby SailorPtah on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Illusionist wrote:...partly because of power bottoms - people who enjoy being in control, but prefer the physical aspects of being the sub.

See, this is why you've gotta make the distinction between "top/bottom" and "dom(inant)/sub(missive)".

Whatever physical stimulation Integra prefers - from women or men, from tongues or hands or penises or toys, on the inside or on the out, or any combination of the above - I assure you she's going to be the one giving the orders :D
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Rippy x Integra Shipping!

Postby Shadowfax272 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:18 pm

Just FYI, Vegi-chan is one of those DA users I keep an eye on (even though I don't have an account). My favourite artist is TotenVeloren. Most of the artists I used to like were banned for little reason, which is a shame. I think the only ones left of that group are j-u-d-a-s and one or two others.
Jetzt auf! In Bergen und Klüften
Tobt morgen der freudige Krieg!

Das Wild in Fluren und Triften,
Der Aar in Wolken und Lüften
Ist unser, und unser der Sieg!
User avatar
Shadowfax272
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:55 am
Location: Neuschwabenland, Antarktis

Re: Rippy x Integra Shipping!

Postby Atticusblackwolf on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 am

Shadowfax272 wrote:Just FYI, Vegi-chan is one of those DA users I keep an eye on (even though I don't have an account). My favourite artist is TotenVeloren. Most of the artists I used to like were banned for little reason, which is a shame. I think the only ones left of that group are j-u-d-a-s and one or two others.

Vegi-chan is pretty good, I think I'll look into the others
Image
User avatar
Atticusblackwolf
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Re:

Postby Thess on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:58 pm

SailorPtah wrote:See, this is why you've gotta make the distinction between "top/bottom" and "dom(inant)/sub(missive)".

Whatever physical stimulation Integra prefers - from women or men, from tongues or hands or penises or toys, on the inside or on the out, or any combination of the above - I assure you she's going to be the one giving the orders :D


So much freaking WORD PIE. If she doesn't, then it isn't something she'll ENJOY (I can see Alucard pushing the buttons to some extend, then put in his place and follow Integra's command :D ). I mean is great for noncon-stuff, but isn't really romantic.

After Black Onyx chapters, I find that Nazi!Integra is extremely out of character to even enjoy, not just for Integra's sake, but also Major's. Major (by proxy, all Milennium goons) saw her as an ENEMY. The enemy who would end him. That's the REASON he liked her in many ways (and because she's a hawt woman his nemesis likes, typical bad guy), and he liked her humanity too. He wouldn't turn her into a vampire under his service when he saw her more as an equal! The only woman "in his hands" that he "worships" and isn't human is the Shi, he doesn't even think of Rip and Zorin as women for a reason and that's right into early volumes. Doc, on the other hand, in a hypothetical Integra/Doc pairing, would like to see her turned into the perfect creation, better than Alucard, etc. At least in my opinion, Integra/Millennium is nice eye candy but yeah... there are FAR better ways to portray it than ruining her character or theirs.

Rip's too honorable, too by the book to do any torturing: she eliminates traitors even. Zorin, on the other hand, she is that sadistic material.

I think an AU world in which Rip survives and is around as life-of-Alucard proxy dynamic with Integra could be fascinating. Because both seem to have it against traitors, being honor bound, plus Rip has a submissive personality while Integra's dominant. It has potential and certainly looks pretty.
User avatar
Thess
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Previous

 

Return to And Shine Heaven Now



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron