OVA 3 news

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
SuperNull
Regular Poster

OVA 3 news

Post by SuperNull »

Ehhm... I don't want to get Erin in any trouble or get my post deleted or something, so I'm going to post this as indirect as I can.

You may want to see a post on this board about OVA III.
It may show you a link lower in the thread to something you may be REALY interested in :)

R-Chie
Regular Poster

Post by R-Chie »

*hands over a giant box of cookies and walks away whistling innocently*
[Evil wins because good is dumb.]

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

Just finished watching it. Not bad! I'm glad they kept it at 45 minutes and didn't switch to 30. Hopefully the next ep will have more Seras - Pip interaction.

Yay for first appearances of Doc, Captain, and Schroe (end credits)! I love the way they animate Schroe's ear twitching. That's insanely cute. And a new surprise with the Captain's coloration: he has white hair, not blond. I hope Erin is taking careful notes (I'm sure she is).

And yay for one of the most memorable Integra moments. "SEARCH AND DESTROY!"

I also wonder if the animation they show in the end credits is all we'll see of The Dawn, or if they'll make it a proper episode. They'd better. I found it strange that they used modern Alucard in the WW2 flashback rather than Girlycard. Boo! (Though probably done in case no one knew who Girlycard was.)

Next ep: RIPPY! Squee! We get to hear her sing!

R-Chie
Regular Poster

Post by R-Chie »

OMG! I just watched it and they really are getting better and better. Now I have to watch it over and over again^^

SuperNull
Regular Poster

Post by SuperNull »

The thing I miss is Seras' caracter development. Up untill now they almost compleatly cut out her internal struggle. She is a flat (hehe) caracter, no depth, just a comic sidekick. Hopefully they will make up for it a bit when it's time to animate the Seras vs Zorin show.

Apart from this (and some other minor issues), I think it's great.

R-Chie
Regular Poster

Post by R-Chie »

I'm done with my first ep III amv now and I'm uploading it on YouTube ^^

Alas, you're right about Seras. But the museum scene was just hilarious :D

Frey
Regular Poster
Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Post by Frey »

Xuanwu wrote:Just finished watching it. Not bad! I'm glad they kept it at 45 minutes and didn't switch to 30. Hopefully the next ep will have more Seras - Pip interaction.

Yay for first appearances of Doc, Captain, and Schroe (end credits)! I love the way they animate Schroe's ear twitching. That's insanely cute. And a new surprise with the Captain's coloration: he has white hair, not blond. I hope Erin is taking careful notes (I'm sure she is).
I look forward to watching Hellsing OVA III and seeing the Seras and Pip interaction in the next episode.
Actually the Captain appeared in the trailer for the OVAs. Which is how I got OVA Captain as my forum avatar. I was surprised that he actually wears a black mask over his eyes (my guess is maybe it is to hide his werewolf markings or just to be even more mysterious).
Free-Thinking

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

It's funny, but the more of the OVA I see, with Alucard's powers shown, the more I become convinced that Yomiko Readman really would kick his tail in a one-on-one fight. At best, it would be a stalemate. But I honestly can't see Alucard able to beat the Paper. Why?

To successfully confront Alucard, you basically need two things: the proper equipment (Anderson's blades, Walter's wires, etc.) and a personality that won't cower in fear at the mere sight of him as lots of humans do. Yomiko has the right equipment, paper that's semi-magical, and has demonstrated the ability to keep her mind together when times are tough (see her OVA battle with Gennai).

Alucard has two attack styles: long range and hand-to-hand (or mouth). His long range would be useless against Yomiko, who can easily block Jackal and Casull (and probably Harkonnen if she put her mind to it). This means Alucard has to get in close to do any damage. But he can only do so if he's able to dodge the onslaught of paper storms that are likely to do actual damage (as I said, Yomiko's paper powers are semi-magical and probably "blessed" by her true belief in books like Anderson's blades are blessed by his true beleief in God). And he'd have to avoid getting trapped by her paper gluing attack, which would leave his heart vulnerable.

Odds are he'd wind up wrapped in a big ball of paper, unable to escape, ala what happened in Shine. And if he did transform into his Bondagecard form (as in the fight with Dandy) and slammed a blow in, I'd wager money on Yomiko's paper being able to withstand the attack. After all, even Alucard has admitted that a self-actualized human can defeat any monster, including himself.

So, I think it's fair to say that, in the Shineverse, Yomiko is one of the very few who, if Alucard ever went crazy, could take him down in a fight. The Paper Sisters might also have a chance, but their powers aren't as strong, so it'd definitely be a closer call. Mr. Wong would put up a good fight (being weaker than Yomiko, but stronger than the sisters), but would probably lose since he's crossed over too much into the "monster" category.

Gunpowder

Post by Gunpowder »

so... do you guys know Japanese or following along with the manga or have you found some hidden subbed versions I cant find cause I am kinda lost watching raw video.

Though I am having fun putting in my own lines.

SuperNull
Regular Poster

Post by SuperNull »

Prey much everyone around here has red the manga so we don't REALY need the subs.
If I see them somewhere, I'll be sure to post them ofcause.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

I just watch it raw. I know the manga well enough to know what they're saying.

Walter's face looked a bit weird in this one due to the lighting.

Vulpeslibertas
Regular Poster

Post by Vulpeslibertas »

:o Ova 3 is awesome. We watched it tonight at Sakuracon in Japanese, as well as the English Language Ova 2 (Which is hillarious. Hell-arious.)

I'm a little disapointed in the Alucard-Integra phone call, which seemed a little under-played. Although I'm sure it will be better when I can actually understand the words that they're saying. But it's still completely totally awesome.

SuperNull
Regular Poster

Post by SuperNull »

Underplayed? The-calm-before-the-storm thing and Intagra needing to catch her breath afterwards were prety in-your-face :)

I loved the terror in the eyes of the SWAT team members....

Vulpeslibertas
Regular Poster

Post by Vulpeslibertas »

It's much more pronounced in the Manga, I believe. Perhaps I blinked, but in the manga she slammed her hand down on the table. And you didn't get to see Alucard's "What are you gonna do about it, Master?" smile. I think the phone scene at the Hotel Rio is the manga's definitive Integra-vs-Alucard character establishment scene. It's like the 2nd or 3rd best scene in the whole manga. I don't think it could be overplayed.

Frey
Regular Poster

Post by Frey »

Is there a sight that has Hellsing OVA 3 with english subtitles?
Free-Thinking

SuperNull
Regular Poster

Post by SuperNull »

I heared this dude was the one who subbed OVA1 and 2.
I you see an OVA3 .mkv file over there you can be quite sure its the English subbed version.
Last edited by SuperNull on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frey
Regular Poster

Post by Frey »

SuperNull wrote:I heared this due was the one who subbed OVA1 and 2.
I you see an OVA3 .mkv file over there you can be quite sure its the English subbed version.
Thanks.
Free-Thinking

SuperNull
Regular Poster

Post by SuperNull »

Guys, here are the 100% corect subs that go with the Demon Rin rip that I posted at the start of this thread:
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/xcaxf0

Thiese are the credits:
Translation - Demon Rin
Timing - Mr. Rikudo
Quality Check - Devrethman
Script Editing - Zeratanis

Rename the file to the same name as your video file and give it the .txt extention. The VLC player will pick up the subs automatically then.