Crossovers From HELLsing

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Postby Dchan on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:58 am

Silentmagi wrote:Just one thing... Why did all the starlights have mullets?

Apparently someone has asked this question before, because there's a bit about that in the liner notes of the 5th Sailor Moon artbook:
Naoko Takeuchi wrote:At first the three had short hair like in this drawing. But when Bandai saw them they cried, and asked if I couldn't make their hair longer for the dolls that were coming out (short was not suitable, it seems). Naoko having a soft spot for dolls, I attached tails onto the three of them.

(Scans and translations of the liner notes from artbooks can be found at Manga Style.)
Dchan
Regular Poster

Postby Silentmagi on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 am

Frey wrote:Hellsing/Naruto

Hinata sighed as she sorted through the piles of socks, matching the pairs as she found them. This had to be by far the weirdest assignment she'd ever gotten for her ninja training. At least there was one bright spot... she was with Naruto most of the day now.

"Hey Hinata-chan!" Naruto called out from the opposite side of the pile. "Did you find Hellsing-sama's special embroidered socks yet?"

"N...no Naruto-kun. Let's keep looking," Hinata squeaked out with a smile, and a heavy blush. Yes, laundry duty for the Hellsing Organization was a unique experience, but she couldn't figure out how it fit in with ninja training.

Seras walked away from the laundry room with a perplexed look on her face. "Why doesn't she just tell that loud mouth she likes him?"

"It's simple mignonette... She is like you, and too shy to approach a stud like Naruto, or like myself," Pip said from behind her.

"That's possible, except for you're not a stud, and I don't like you," replied Seras, crushing Pip's ego.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, couldn't resist. For my challenge to the others...

Hellsing\My Little Pony Tales
Silentmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Frey on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:18 am

Silentmagi wrote:Hinata sighed as she sorted through the piles of socks, matching the pairs as she found them. This had to be by far the weirdest assignment she'd ever gotten for her ninja training. At least there was one bright spot... she was with Naruto most of the day now.

"Hey Hinata-chan!" Naruto called out from the opposite side of the pile. "Did you find Hellsing-sama's special embroidered socks yet?"

"N...no Naruto-kun. Let's keep looking," Hinata squeaked out with a smile, and a heavy blush. Yes, laundry duty for the Hellsing Organization was a unique experience, but she couldn't figure out how it fit in with ninja training.

Seras walked away from the laundry room with a perplexed look on her face. "Why doesn't she just tell that loud mouth she likes him?"

"It's simple mignonette... She is like you, and too shy to approach a stud like Naruto, or like myself," Pip said from behind her.

"That's possible, except for you're not a stud, and I don't like you," replied Seras, crushing Pip's ego.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
In my opinion that was well done.
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby Silentmagi on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:00 am

Frey wrote:In my opinion that was well done.
Thank you, but I think that Naruto was seriously out of character there, unless there's more of an explanation to it. If someone wants to run with it... send me the link of the story.
Silentmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:29 pm

Silentmagi wrote:Hellsing\My Little Pony Tales

Because I didn't like this show or the original when I was a kid, I'm going to be EBIL with this one.

Note that since I don't remember their exact personalities, I'm going with a generic "teenage girl" style to their characters. I doubt I'm far off.

--

Starlight panted and huffed as she ran. What the hell was going on? One moment she had been in class, among her friends - Sweetheart, Melody, Patch, and the others - when a dark shadow had swept overhead. They'd looked up only to find giant balloons marked with swastikas flying over their city.

The next thing she knew, an explosion had rocked the school. Everyone had panicked and fled. She'd been separated from her friends and a sudden roof collapse had left her alone. She'd managed to climb through the burning wreckage into town where she'd seen the most traumatic setting of her young female life: hundreds of black ponies flying down from above, with mouths full of fangs and claws covering their hooves. Each wore helments emblazoned with the same swastikas as the zeppelins.

The town's residents were rushing every which way, unsure of what to do. The black ponies laughed and screamed cries of battle as they swept down on the innocent townfolk, their claws rendering flesh and fangs sinking into necks. They moved like locust, consuming all in their path and leaving none alive.

Starlight ducked into an alley, catching her breath as she ran from the horrors behind her. Suddenly, she felt something on her back. She turned and saw a young human boy, with cat ears atop his head.

"I am everywhere and nowhere," he mewed, his ears twitching. If it wasn't for the sight of pony blood running through the streets and the dying neighs of her family and friends all around, she might have thought him cute. "But even I have to admit this is one of the more twisted places I've visited. Auf Wiedersehen!"

The catboy waved and disappeared. Starligth turned back around - face-to-face with one of the black Nazi ponies. She screamed and turned to run, only to find another couple behind her.

The three smiled, drool dripping from their distended jaws.

"N-n-no, please..." she begged, as the three pounced. She screamed as her legs were ripped off, one by one, then as her flank was cruelly shredded by the fangs. They were deliberately eating her in a way to keep her alive as possible, extending her torment! She heard their chuckles as she screamed and cried.

Finally, one of them decided to end it and clamped his jaws over her throat, tearing a large gash. The last thing she heard as darkness engulfed her was one of the black ponies: "Mm, you're right. The young ones do taste sweeter."

--

MUAH HA HA HA HA!

The next challenge: Hellsing/Dragon Knights

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby SailorPtah on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:44 pm

Silentmagi wrote:
SailorPtah wrote:Any of you up for crossing Hellsing with the Powerpuff Girls?

Blood, Holy Water, and everything Refined. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect Monster Hunters. But Integra Hellsing accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... Chemical X. Thus the Slaughterpuffs were born. Using their ultra-superpowers, Alucard, Walter, and Seras have dedicated their lives to fighting freaks and the forces of evil.

SailorPtah wrote:How about Dilbert?

Well now... you have the pony-tailed boss (Enrico), the guy that doesn't do much (random priest), the angry female (Yumie), the secretary (Anderson), Dilbert stand-in (I'm thinking for the cynical wit... Heinkle), Catbert (Alucard), and Dogbert (Integra)

Oh, wow. Love 'em both. The first is very clever, the second eerily fitting ^_^

Chaos Priest wrote:Jon Arbuckle is running low on inspiration. He just can't seem to find a good idea for a successful cartoon. Hoping a change in scenery will help him get out the rut he's in, he goes to visit his uncle in London, of course taking Garfield and Odie with him. Boring jokes accompany Garfield's tour of England (as usual), until one night when everything changes. While taking a walk one night, Jon is attacked by a vampire. The vampire easily overwhelms Jon, but he is saved at the last second when the vampire catches a whiff of Garfield's overwhelming garlicky breath, caused by the usual overindulgence of Italian food for dinner. The vampire is repulsed by Garfield long enough for Hellsing to arrive and finish the foul creature off. Jon is overwhelmed by what has happened, and finds the inspiration he has been looking for in his brush with death. He returns home and begins drawing his latest idea, in a far darker style than his usual work. It is comic about an organization that hunts those who prey upon humanity. At last his masterpiece is completed, and he eagerly goes to publishers all over to find someone willing to take his work.

He of course fails, because nobody wants to read a dark and serious comic about vampire-hunting cats with bad breath. That and he's Jon. That's like, almost guaranteed failure in and of itself.

That was brilliant. Oh, Jon.

Xuanwu wrote:It's funny Erin should mention Captain Planet, since I've already worked out a triple crossover with Hellsing, Captain Planet, and Good Omens for use in Shine. (I haven't sent it in yet, though.)

Seriously? Sounds interesting.

I have at least one Good Omens crossover on the to-do list. (Aziraphale has a copy of Dracula that Arthur Hellsing lost several decades ago in a drinking game. Integra wants it back.)

Gunpowder wrote:Also on the subject of making really bad crossover fanfics:
http://www.kaction.com/badfanfiction/

"Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Smurfs and Chobits. The story should use anorexia as a plot device!" Wow, that's cracktastic.

Followed by Magic School Bus/FF7 with angst? And Muppet Babies/Resident Evil with magic? That's awesome.

Frey wrote:Okay how about these challenges:

Hellsing/Lupin III

Easy. I've got plans for this one too. The short version: Lupin sends notice that he's going to steal a valuable object from the British monarchy. Out of a healthy respect for Lupin's prowess as a thief, the Queen calls in every level of protection, from local police to levels that don't officially exist.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Silentmagi on Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:55 pm

SailorPtah wrote:
Silentmagi wrote:
SailorPtah wrote:Any of you up for crossing Hellsing with the Powerpuff Girls?

Blood, Holy Water, and everything Refined. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect Monster Hunters. But Integra Hellsing accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... Chemical X. Thus the Slaughterpuffs were born. Using their ultra-superpowers, Alucard, Walter, and Seras have dedicated their lives to fighting freaks and the forces of evil.

SailorPtah wrote:How about Dilbert?

Well now... you have the pony-tailed boss (Enrico), the guy that doesn't do much (random priest), the angry female (Yumie), the secretary (Anderson), Dilbert stand-in (I'm thinking for the cynical wit... Heinkle), Catbert (Alucard), and Dogbert (Integra)

Oh, wow. Love 'em both. The first is very clever, the second eerily fitting ^_^
Thank you for the praise, to be honest, I was hoping to cast Seras in the second one, but didn't know of a character that would work at the time... mostly cause I forgot the intern...

SailorPtah wrote:Easy. I've got plans for this one too. The short version: Lupin sends notice that he's going to steal a valuable object from the British monarchy. Out of a healthy respect for Lupin's prowess as a thief, the Queen calls in every level of protection, from local police to levels that don't officially exist.
*sits waiting like a good puppy*
Silentmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:59 pm

SailorPtah wrote:Easy. I've got plans for this one too. The short version: Lupin sends notice that he's going to steal a valuable object from the British monarchy. Out of a healthy respect for Lupin's prowess as a thief, the Queen calls in every level of protection, from local police to levels that don't officially exist.

>_>

<_<

That's eerily similar to the idea I had. In my version, the target was an ultra-rare book from the British library (perhaps the lineage book, documenting the royal bloodline), allowing Yomiko to also appear.

On the badfanfiction link, I keep getting ones like:

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Final Fantasy 9 and Teletubbies . The story should use tentacle rape as a plot device!

Another had Romeo and Juliet w/ Jeopardy with much the same.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Frey on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:13 pm

Here are some more:
Hellsing/Neon Evangelion
Hellsing/Macross 7
Hellsing/FLCL
Hellsing/Samurai Champloo
Hellsing/Godzilla
Hellsing/Sacha Baron Cohen
Hellsing/Rurouni Kenshin
Hellsing/Wallace & Gromit
Hellsing/Lord of the Rings
Hellsing/Harry Potter
Hellsing/Gremlins (Gremlucard)
Hellsing/Inuyasha
Hellsing/Shaman King
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Postby Silentmagi on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:26 pm

Frey wrote:Hellsing/Harry Potter
I often wondered about this one actually... here's a sample of what I could see happening.

Integra glared at Alucard angrily before she looked at the bloody stain left on her clean floor. "I thought you said you couldn't kill him..."

"No, I said that I wouldn't be able to kill him off permanently, some kid with a stick has to do that," Alucard replied.
Silentmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Frey on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Silentmagi wrote:
I often wondered about this one actually... here's a sample of what I could see happening.

Integra glared at Alucard angrily before she looked at the bloody stain left on her clean floor. "I thought you said you couldn't kill him..."

"No, I said that I wouldn't be able to kill him off permanently, some kid with a stick has to do that," Alucard replied.

Well done!
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Postby Silentmagi on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Frey wrote:
Silentmagi wrote:

Well done!
Yeah, it was a bit weak though if you ask me personally. Another idea I have is Hellsing/Grenadier if anyone's able to try it.
Silentmagi
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Frey wrote:Here are some more:
Hellsing/Neon Evangelion

Already thought of and suggested. Don't know if it'll ever get used, since the idea was post-Millennium attack.

Hellsing/Harry Potter

Suggested it. According to Erin, Potter's system of magic is not compatible with the Shineverse, so not going to happen.

Hellsing/Inuyasha
Hellsing/Shaman King

I've already given thought to both of these, especially the former. I like most of Rumiko Takahashi's work. I've even thought of how to do a Urusei Yatsura crossover.
Last edited by Xuanwu on Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Frey on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:50 pm

What about this one?

Hellsing/Okashina Okashi (I already know of the cameos in Shine).
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:08 pm

Frey wrote:Hellsing/Okashina Okashi (I already know of the cameos in Shine).

Fun fact: back in late 2004 I had an OO arc idea where the cast would've visited an England based dimension to parody all the Anglophile anime. This was around the time I finally got around to watch my Hellsing boxset and had been watching Emma.

Then I realized the Anglophile parody idea would work much better as a crossover rather than a parody. So I polished it heavily, pitched it to Erin, and it became Shine or Die. I think it turned out better than if I'd used it with OO.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chaos Priest on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:00 am

Xuanwu wrote:The next challenge: Hellsing/Dragon Knights

:o

That...
would...
be...

AWESOME!!!!! XD

Oh man, so many things I would love to do with this one! Oh, here's one, have Kharl go on a mad scientist exchange with Herr Doctor. I would love to see what kind of innovations he could bring to Millenium. Or maybe Alucard and Rath could compete to see who could slaughter the most demons in 1 hour. It would probably work better with an earlier version of Rath though. As time went on he got a bit too emo to be an effective psycho.

I would love to see Dandy and Mr. Death Die have some fun together. I know this is supposed to be about lame crossovers that would never work, but that would just be so cool. Please Erin, pleeeease
*gives a puppy eye look*

I definitely have to give this one more thought. Give a day or two here, let me see what I can come up with.
Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Postby Xuanwu on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:32 am

Dragon Knights is one of my favorite fantasy series. I wish they'd get around to making an anime of it.

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Frey on Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:08 am

How late do you stay up Xuanwu?
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Postby Frey on Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:10 pm

These are probably easy:

Hellsing/Wicked City
Hellsing/Blood: The Last Vampire or Blood +
Hellsing/Hellboy
Hellsing/Spawn
Hellsing/Blade
Hellsing/Anita Blake
Hellsing/Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Hellsing/Underworld
Hellsing/Resident Evil
Hellsing/Tomb Raider
Hellsing/Blood Omen
Hellsing/Devil May Cry
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Postby Abadon XXX on Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Hellsing/Resident Evil
I can sum it up with this:
Alucard: So instead of freaks making zombies, humans are doing it? Zombies are zombies.

Hellsing/Hellboy:
I support the combo of the quick rivalry and alliance of Hellsing and the BPRD. Can you say Alucard vs Hellboy? >>

Hellsing/Underworld
Alucard being placed into the blood feud of lycans and vampires would be kind of cool. Plus Walter can learn some new technology (UV bullets for instance)
Darksong: o.o I completely forgot I was wearing pants
Darksong: *glares at cats* YOU ARE NOT ME! STOP TRYING TO USE MY COMPUTER AND CHAIR
She who rides in single file to hide her pie ~Reyome
I wasn't aware we needed proof that Andrew was, in fact, crazy. I've been aware of this for years. ~Lord Massacre
Muah ha ha ha. Now with your real name I can do creepy stalker things to you. ~Xuanwu
Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to And Shine Heaven Now