Of AMVs and what intrigues you

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Of AMVs and what intrigues you

Post by Abadon XXX »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i17xwQAb19E

I found this link while going through youtube and tried my best not to laugh too loud since I was in a school computer lab. What AMVs have you seen that intrigued you?
Darksong: o.o I completely forgot I was wearing pants
Darksong: *glares at cats* YOU ARE NOT ME! STOP TRYING TO USE MY COMPUTER AND CHAIR
She who rides in single file to hide her pie ~Reyome
I wasn't aware we needed proof that Andrew was, in fact, crazy. I've been aware of this for years. ~Lord Massacre
Muah ha ha ha. Now with your real name I can do creepy stalker things to you. ~Xuanwu

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

That was... interesting.

Well, I haven't really seen too many Hellsing AMVs, but outside of Hellsing I like this Ruroni Kenshin AMV. The song just seems to fit Kenshin and Kaoru in my opinion.

Also, while it may not count as an AMV, I think this music video for the webcomic El Goonish Shive has the most impressive editing I've seen for a fan work.

Oh yeah, and there's always AMV Hell 3. I wonder if it's a bad sign concerning my sanity that I actually enjoy that thing :shifty:

Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Post by Abadon XXX »

There are a few Hellsing AMVs I really like, due to my browser being a little screwy I can't get on certain sites unless it will crash.

To describe some of my favorite Hellsing AMVs I say this: Lordi and Hellsing make a good mix.
Darksong: *glares at cats* YOU ARE NOT ME! STOP TRYING TO USE MY COMPUTER AND CHAIR
I wasn't aware we needed proof that Andrew was, in fact, crazy. I've been aware of this for years. ~Lord Massacre
Muah ha ha ha. Now with your real name I can do creepy stalker things to you. ~Xuanwu

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

That first video was delightful, thought the Chobits version seems far more on-topic.

The Kingdom Hearts version of the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny satisfies my need for sprawling multifandom crossovers in a big way. Plus, it's funny.

I have a dozen Hellsing fanvids, among other things, in my YouTube favorites.

But the video that never fails to give me chills is "Hold Me" with Princess Tutu. I don't speak the language, and I hadn't seen the series when I first saw the vid, and it doesn't matter; you don't need any background to appreciate it. It's that cool.

Frey
Regular Poster
Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Post by Frey »

I really do not have any. I do not know why. Maybe because I just have not bothered. Then agian, I am not so sure.
Last edited by Frey on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free-Thinking

Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Post by Abadon XXX »

Nice ^^

Although I seem to recall there being a Hellsing ultimate version of Ultimate showdown, but you tube sometimes gets sketchy with registering the save to favorites *shrug*. For Kingdom Hearts though, I like Demyx sings the happy song. And these are the two AMVs that got me into Hellsing to begin with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdq9A37G0Cw
This is to Lordi's song would you love a monsterman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c95JiEI7Vk
This is to Lordi's Devil's a loser. Another great song that fits very well.

Frey
Regular Poster
Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Post by Frey »

Unfortunatly, I cannot even watch anything on Youtube these days, due to severe and unknown problems with my Macromedia Flash player.
Free-Thinking

Helkaurain

Post by Helkaurain »

SailorPtah wrote: But the video that never fails to give me chills is "Hold Me" with Princess Tutu. I don't speak the language, and I hadn't seen the series when I first saw the vid, and it doesn't matter; you don't need any background to appreciate it. It's that cool.
That one is my favorite. I decided to check it out because of the Nutcracker storyline, then decided to watch the anime because of that video. I probably never would have watched something called "Princess Tutu" otherwise. I'm glad I did.

Hail to the ZAKU is a Gundam Seed Destiny vid dedicated to what is perhaps my favorite mobile suit ever. I like the song, but I mostly just love the pure ZAKU pwnage in it.

This vid, while technically from a video game, is also a favorite of mine. It's various FMV scenes from Final Fantasy VIII set to "A Mad Russian's Christmas" (Rock remix of themes from The Nutcracker) by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, one of my favorite groups..

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

One AMV to track down is one set to "Scatman" with various anime. The intro takes dialogue from the first Austin Powers movie between Dr. Evil and Number Two when they discuss mutant sharks with laser beams on their heads, and has Integra and Alucard lip synching to it (Integra is Dr. Evil, Alucard as #2). Hilarious.

Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Post by Abadon XXX »

O.O
*tries hard not to laugh in delight as he searches for said AMV*

R-Chie
Regular Poster

Post by R-Chie »

Xuanwu wrote:One AMV to track down is one set to "Scatman" with various anime. The intro takes dialogue from the first Austin Powers movie between Dr. Evil and Number Two when they discuss mutant sharks with laser beams on their heads, and has Integra and Alucard lip synching to it (Integra is Dr. Evil, Alucard as #2). Hilarious.
I know that one^^ it's in my favs. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpkLnZp7l1E

And I have another one featuring Jan and Luke as Pinky and the Brain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B8NjyL7oUQ
[Evil wins because good is dumb.]

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Post by Xuanwu »

That Pinky and the Brain one was hilarious.

Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Post by Abadon XXX »

I've just finished watching Scatman and found it pretty funny. The lip synch with Integra and Alucard was good ^^

Urahara
Regular Poster

Post by Urahara »

I'm feeling rather lazy, so you can check out mah favorites for ze funnies. KH/2 videos start at page 4, but most of them are in my subscriptions. =D

http://www.youtube.com/profile_favorite ... MrF0XH0UND

Note: The Death Note and Azumanga Daioh vids on the first page = pure, concentrated funny.
Last edited by Urahara on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dchan
Regular Poster

Post by Dchan »

Without a doubt, my favorite Hellsing AMV is Mitternacht. Hellsing + E Nomine (my fav. band of the moment) = <3

Other non-Hellsing favorites of mine include Monomachia (another vid with a great E Nomine song), Between a Rock and a Hard Place, Stop the Rock, The Chibi Things that Kill, The Purpose of Persocoms (Avenue Q music is great for comedy vids).

Check out animemusicvideos.org to get these videos, cause I don't feel like looking for them on youtube. Besides (IMHO), amv.org > youtube anyway.

EDIT: Also, Advent: Tra la la is worth checking out for the sheer hilarity of the concept.

ManyWorlds
Cartoon Hero

Post by ManyWorlds »

Hellsing to Linkin' Park's "Breaking the Habit". There are a lot of bad AMVs that use LP, but this one does pretty well, I think.

Advent Children to Aqua's 'Cartoon Heroes'. One of the better AMVs I've found.

This isn't really an AMV, nor is it Hellsing-related, but it amuses me to no end. It's a parody of 'A Boy Called Sue', A Man Named Jayne.

Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Post by Abadon XXX »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6giJ7mhvF_s

Though this is sailor moon and not Hellsing, it still is a fine AMV.

Dchan
Regular Poster

Post by Dchan »

SailorPtah wrote: I have a dozen Hellsing fanvids, among other things, in my YouTube favorites.
Um, Erin? That link's a generic "My Favorites" link, so other people cant see your favorites with it. XP *wants to see the hellsing fanvids*

Urahara
Regular Poster

Post by Urahara »

Dchan, her favorites are here. =3

Reeku
Regular Poster

Post by Reeku »

I think my favourites are the Axel's hips dont lie video, the Oozinator (ahh, thirty-six seconds of life wasted), and Hellsing- Pompeii. I don't spend much time on youtube though, so there aren't many videos I've had to choose from.
Last edited by Reeku on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.