Of Christmas decorations and Tu Tu's...

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

aten_ra wrote:Will Crowley make an appearence, too?
Yes indeed.

I think it's going to be just them. This is one of those cases where I don't have it all scripted. (But I do actually have the major plot points lined up.)

Aten_ra

Post by Aten_ra »

Yes indeed.

I think it's going to be just them. This is one of those cases where I don't have it all scripted. (But I do actually have the major plot points lined up.)
Do Zira and Crowley have a little thing going in your universe? ^_~

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

aten_ra wrote:Do Zira and Crowley have a little thing going in your universe? ^_~
*checks timeline*

Integra takes control in 1987 at age 13.

Current storyline, it's Christmas 1987 and she's 14.

The Notpocalypse happens in 1990; Integra's 16. At this point Aziraphale's living above his used bookstore and Crowley in his flat.

The "present" is 1997 (Integra age 23). By this point Crowley and Aziraphale are cohabiting in a cottage on the South Downs. (This is Prachett-certified Good Omens canon, by the way.)

In Shineverse canon, Aziraphale and Crowley will have a "little thing" going by the time of the Notpocalypse II (1999, this one brought on by the Millennium Nazis - as well as the events of X and assorted other apocalyptic manga). However, the "little thing" won't occur until after Notpocalypse I (the Good Omens one).

The storyline featuring the two of them will be either soon before or soon after Notpocalypse I. (Integra has to be a bit older, but Aziraphale has to have the bookstore.)

So the short answer is that they will have a Thing In Development. Mutual attraction un-acted-upon, unacknowledged, possibly even unrecognized. But there.

Americangothic
Regular Poster

Post by Americangothic »

I don't know about you guys....but today's comic screen is nothing but pure white on my end of things.

I have tried it on both of my computers....help???

Or are the Llamas now in the snow? :o :o :o :o

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

americangothic wrote:I don't know about you guys....but today's comic screen is nothing but pure white on my end of things.

I have tried it on both of my computers....help???

Or are the Llamas now in the snow? :o :o :o :o
Shift + Refresh?

It's showing up for me...

Americangothic
Regular Poster

Post by Americangothic »

Humm....I'm in class now and it's working on the iBooks...so I guess it's something with my PCs at home. Weird.

I'll figure it out...thanks Erin.

Hey-- I figured it out (like any of you care...) The newest Windows update has changed Internet Explorer, which messed up my Firefox, which once I updated that too, fixed everything. Yeah!

Pathetic how much the new Internet Explorer looks like like Firefox now...No identiy what so ever....

Aten_ra

Post by Aten_ra »

IE is just screwy in general. Ever since I installed SP 2, the stand alone version will NOT display web pages and IE popups with AOL give the same "page cannot be displayed" thing.

With IE 7, the popups I get using the AOL browser now actually display, but IE still doesn't show anything. And now for some reason, if I try to log in to my credit card account on AOL, it won't display the page (though it loads fine BEFORE I try to log in), so I have to switch to Firefox.

It never messed with my Firefox, though, thankfully.

Tweak
Regular Poster

Post by Tweak »

Aw, Girlycard is so cute in that last panel. I could eat him up, except he'd probably eat me first.

That llama is ultra cool, but lets see some freakin' tutus already.

Aten_ra

Post by Aten_ra »

Tweak wrote: That llama is ultra cool, but lets see some freakin' tutus already.
We haven't seen the WHOLE llama yet; maybe it's wearing one. :D

Americangothic
Regular Poster

Post by Americangothic »

Tweak wrote:I could eat him up, except he'd probably eat me first.
... he/she/it can eat me first anyday....I can wait my turn...snicker snicker.....oh the things I could say about transgendering monsters...

Junior1210
Regular Poster

Post by Junior1210 »

Too be truthfull I thiught of that after being up for 20 hours and hyper on coffee. The scary part was that after posting I reread v.2 of the manga, and when I saw the scene where Integral offers her blood to Seras then had the image of both in sailor fuku and Seras refering to Integral as "sempi" with the whole nervous figeting and faint blush thing going on.

Man I have got to start getting more sleep.

Tweak
Regular Poster

Post by Tweak »

Whoa... what are you talking about? I gather that and image exists of Integra and Seras in sailor regalia.

You need to tell me how this image can come into my ownership.

I sort of imagined that the skeleton featured in today's comic had a cockney accent. It made me chuckle a little, then I tried talking like a cockney, and I had to despair. Anyway, is this skeleton wearing a tutu? It certainly is wearing a crown.

If this story arc had a soundtrack, I would imagine it would be a warped version of "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies".

Gunpowder

Post by Gunpowder »

Personally I think of Lucy in the sky with diamonds. No warping required.

Romanticide
Regular Poster

Post by Romanticide »

aww she already woke up... :cry:

By the way, the little Integral in slumberland was extremely cute. It gave a smile =)

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Romanticide wrote:aww she already woke up... :cry:

By the way, the little Integral in slumberland was extremely cute. It gave a smile =)
This strip isn't part of the storyline (as will hopefully be clear tomorrow).

Glad it was cute for you, though ^.^

Tweak
Regular Poster

Post by Tweak »

I'm enjoying these "comic geekery" strips. The fact that this one fit in with the current storyline is very cool- one might even think our doujinshi-ka planned it this way...

Junior1210
Regular Poster

Post by Junior1210 »

Tweek wrote; Whoa... what are you talking about? I gather that and image exists of Integra and Seras in sailor regalia.

You need to tell me how this image can come into my ownership.

If you really want that sort of thing going thrugh your brain, sleep deprivation and large amount of coffee and sugar mixed with shojo manga at odd hours of th e day will make it happen. I'd like to see that picture myself but I rather like these dream sequences too. Truth be told I haven't seen a strip in SHINE that I've disliked or was disapponted in yet. (que the spooky music and the omnious narrator "little did they know the trials that awaited these bold fans heh heh heh heh ......) No jinx, no jinx, no jinx
Never atribute to evil and malice what can be chalked up to stupidity and incomptence.

Age and treachery will beat youth and energy every time.

"When uncertain and in doubt, run in circles and scream and shout."
- Field Commanders Handbook (Rough Draft Version)

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. It's also very long. When your time comes, make sure you bring a honor guard so your not lonely on your trip.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

junior1210 wrote:Truth be told I haven't seen a strip in SHINE that I've disliked or was disapponted in yet. (que the spooky music and the omnious narrator "little did they know the trials that awaited these bold fans heh heh heh heh ......) No jinx, no jinx, no jinx
I'm just glad you didn't say that around Halloween. Hopefully the magic of the Christmahanukwanzakah season will help dispel any bad vibes you just generated . . .

Junior1210
Regular Poster

Post by Junior1210 »

Amazing how it's always when you're saying something good that puts the whamy on you. On the other hand it also shows a testament to skill and thought and talent. Besides if they all were completely awesome instead of some being "only good", I doubt I'd enjoy the site as much as I do, so I'll take the risk of the jinx and keep on being happy at your efforts!
Never atribute to evil and malice what can be chalked up to stupidity and incomptence.

Age and treachery will beat youth and energy every time.

"When uncertain and in doubt, run in circles and scream and shout."
- Field Commanders Handbook (Rough Draft Version)

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. It's also very long. When your time comes, make sure you bring a honor guard so your not lonely on your trip.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

SailorPtah wrote:
aten_ra wrote:Will Crowley make an appearence, too?
Yes indeed.

Forget meeting Alucard... I want to see the chaos that would result from them meeting the Iscariots. :-D If Alucard drives Anderson up a wall, Crowley would, I imagine, be exponentially worse...