Strip Discussion: 9.24-29

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Strip Discussion: 9.24-29

Post by SailorPtah »

It's a bit late to start this, as we're halfway through the week already, but:

Talk about this week's strips! How do you like them so far? What do you think's going to happen? What is the Shocking Twist that will interrupt the masquerade? (Ooh, secret hints from the artist. Don't you feel special?) Dicuss!

*sits back, folds hands*

Gregor
Regular Poster

Post by Gregor »

I'm reading the comics since september so it tooks me some time to see what the are about. (Maxwell tells us about his time as teenager, isn't it?) Now to this weeks strips: I'like them very much, specially the strip where enrico yumi and heinkel waits in the line and heinkel fells asleep (the sleeping heinkel looks so cute^^). So, what could the Shocking twist be? *thinking about what could happen* I'think that anderson sees a vampire and starts attacking him. Or schrödinger appears on the scene dressed as jesus or as a saint. Anderson interprets schrödingers costume as a heresy and star throwing his swords or something like that...

(sorry if the english is bad but i'm austrian)

Saeldess

Lights out Comic

Post by Saeldess »

Is it just me or is the cat head in the little pretty brown square sporting a cresent moon on its side?

Oh I've been reading since the third month you've been doing the comic ^^
And it still is one of the funniest and best drawn/written Helssing things I have ever found ^^

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Re: Lights out Comic

Post by SailorPtah »

Saeldess wrote:Is it just me or is the cat head in the little pretty brown square sporting a cresent moon on its side?
It's not just you ^_^

All four little squares are references - two Sailor Moon, two Colbert Report. The two on the right are Luna-P and Phobos/Deimos (one of Sailor Mars' crows); the two on the left are Stephen Jr. (follow his progress at the IWS.org interactive "track an eagle" feature) and a godless killing machine =)

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

In regards to this comic, I love Yumiko's reaction to the kids. I'd hate to see how she would react to the force of a massive cute assault, rather than that little jab. It wouldn't be pretty.

OK, so the reaction would probably be cute and pretty, but it would likely have long lasting consequences on her.

Also, I believe that Heinkel is mistaken in this one. The teenage years seem like the normal time for overly cynical and pessimistic behavior to me. I could be wrong, but I don't believe I've ever met a 40 year old Emo.
SailorPtah wrote:What is the Shocking Twist that will interrupt the masquerade?

Sadly it appears I am too late to guess what interrupts the masquerade, but I can still take a wild stab in the dark at the cause. It's a sudden random vampire attack, which will cause the children to be traumatized by both the unnatural creature trying to eat them, and by Anderson's transformation into a violent maniac at the sight of the living dead.

That or it’s just a blown fuse or something. I've never been very good at guessing.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Unfortunately, Enrico's sorta been scarred with that attitude for life. But you're right - sixteen is plenty old enough to be a cynic. Unless you're Yumiko ^_^

A blown fuse? That would be a horrible anticlimax. But it's not a random vampire either; it's slightly more relevant than that ^_~

Gunpowder

Post by Gunpowder »

The hotel made a scheduling mistake and double-booked Cathoilcon with Protestan Pow Wow on the same weekend.
How this explains the power outage I have no idea.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Gunpowder wrote:The hotel made a scheduling mistake and double-booked Cathoilcon with Protestan Pow Wow on the same weekend.
How this explains the power outage I have no idea.
*cracks up*

Do you know, I think that's funnier than what I actually did.

Unfortunately, it's being held in a giant church rather than a hotel, so it would only host Catholic events.

(What would a Protestant con be named? I can see Islamicon. Maybe Luthercon?)

Gunpowder

Post by Gunpowder »

SailorPtah wrote: (What would a Protestant con be named? I can see Islamicon. Maybe Luthercon?)

The Protestant Convention, since unknown to most theologians Martin Luther had more grievances then those posted on the church doors, among the edited ones was against the Church practice of sticking abbreviations of words to the end of other words, which he believed 'such unions of grammatical nature to be unnatural.'

And survey says, "It's a huge freaking wolf." And it isn’t Alucard since this one only has one pair of unglowy eyes.
Two questions are also brought to mind:
Why does Alex have a lighter, surely he wouldn’t smoke, can’t stab vampires if you are huffing and puffing.
and more pressing, When did he gain his regenerating powers, since that fact may prove to be important shortly.

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Gunpowder wrote:The Protestant Convention, since unknown to most theologians Martin Luther had more grievances then those posted on the church doors, among the edited ones was against the Church practice of sticking abbreviations of words to the end of other words, which he believed 'such unions of grammatical nature to be unnatural.'
HA. I may have to write about this now =D

And, okay, spoilery answers to the questions: He kept the lighter in the same place he keeps the bayonets, and yes, he can regenerate at this point. But none of the kids can, nor can anyone in the (very large) audience ^_~

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Not to say that he didn't help against the wolf demon, but why do I have the sinking suspicion that Maxwell's story is about to get REALLY embellished?

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Chaos Priest wrote:Not to say that he didn't help against the wolf demon, but why do I have the sinking suspicion that Maxwell's story is about to get REALLY embellished?
*hums innocently*

Gregor
Regular Poster

Post by Gregor »

I've read todays strip and thats the paladin we know and love^^ i hope the big bad wolf will be defeated by maxwells hl. mary holy water bottle (btw. could it be possible that the wolf is a relative of schrödinger?)

Mini-Rip

Me?

Post by Mini-Rip »

As for me! I gots no idea... BTW I love you Erin! And Matrix says Hi!

Known Stranger
Regular Poster

Post by Known Stranger »

Okay,just WHERE did he get the bayonets?
I am the insane sketch of a raven on the blackboard in violet chalk,
The blood on the roses, and the shadow that walks,
I am the Mad Hatter, Drinking tea, Killing time,
I am the voice that you hear in your mind.

Alacard_Obsessive

Post by Alacard_Obsessive »

Hey, Been reading your comic since way back in 2003... and really enjoyed it (although this is the first time i have posted, due to comp issues)
Have bought a couple things from your store and the likes... and i donated when you first suggested it ...
A little off topic but i never did get round to asking for a fanboy appearance =)
anyways... The Enrico childhood strip is something different and a little more indepth then his usual flashbacks....
Would be cool if the wolf was a slightly younger Alucard.
and i look forward to seeing how it ends.

Chaos Priest
Regular Poster

Post by Chaos Priest »

Known Stranger wrote:Okay,just WHERE did he get the bayonets?
The same place he always gets them, of course.

Now where THAT is I can't really say. I have a few theories though.

1) While not entirely common, there are men who are capable of accessing hammer-space. It is possible that Anderson is capable of pulling objects from a similar pocket dimension which, for lack of a better term, shall henceforth be known as bayonet-space.

2) Anderson studied long and hard to perfect the art of hidden weaponry. The same person who trained him in this deadly art later went on to train Mousse, who while not as deadly as Anderson, stayed truer to his master teachings by being far more creative than just hiding bayonets.

3)
I am the bone of my bayonet.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, “Unlimited Blade Works."

4) Whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it.

Known Stranger
Regular Poster

Post by Known Stranger »

Lol

Known Stranger
Regular Poster

Post by Known Stranger »

I must say......great save 'rico XD

SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Post by SailorPtah »

Known Stranger wrote:I must say......great save 'rico XD
No matter his other faults, he does know his Catholic texts =D