introductions

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Postby Dchan on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:29 am

Name: dchan
Favorite Hellsing character: I can't decide T_T n-way tie between Integra, Alucard, Seras, Rip, and Helena. Oh, and Yumiko/Yumie. Okay, so pretty much everybody except Maxwell, Anderson, the Major, Zorin, and Dandy.
Been a fan of Hellsing since: December 2006. I'd read the first 3-4 volumes of the manga at a bookstore a couple years previously though.
Been reading Shine since: December 29, 2006
Favorite storyline: I like them aaaallll. But in terms of story/humor, I've got to say that I'm a big fan of the Cigar Break and the Desert Island storylines. For art, I really really love the style of How the Grinch Canceled Christmas.
other info: When I first discovered Shine, I read all of the strips in one day. Seriously. Then I started rereading the next day to gather data for the cameo contest. :lol:
I like a wide variety of manga/anime that I'm too lazy to list here.
I frequent GaiaOnline under the name Ryuu Hime.
Dchan
Regular Poster

Postby KLCtheBookWorm on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:24 pm

Name: KLCtheBookWorm, though it usually gets shortened to BookWorm or KLC
Favorite Hellsing character: Alucard
how long i've been reading the comic: a month or two? I started with the Scooby Doo storyline
Favorite storyline: The Scooby Doo storyline. (I grew up a Scooby Doo nut. :) )
other info: Working on my Masters Degree in English; just finished watching the Gahosha anime series, need to find the manga and the OVA.
KLCtheBookWorm
Regular Poster

Postby Alonelyvalor on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:55 am

Name:Megan
Favorite Hellsing character: Walter (A general shift from Alucard to Walter based on recent events..)
How long i've been reading the comic: I really can't remember,I do remember I've had to go back into the archives for the ones I've missed,but I do know I was around during the second Fangirl SL as one of the fangirls.
Favorite storyline: "Those Meddling Kids" I was raised on Scooby Doo and I laughed so hard when I first saw the Mystery Machine.
Other info:You'll probably see me leaving random comments on the Oeki board though I have no skill to submit myself, I'm very friendly and like to be IM'd, so if you care to..go ahead,just tell me where you're IMing from...(ZMystic1Z).I don't answer the first time, IM again (Lousy bots.)
"..This does not bode well.."

"..What put that idea into your head..when he started growing fangs..or when he started to randomly devour townspeople?"
Alonelyvalor

Re: introductions

Postby Vulpeslibertas on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:45 am

name: Tim
favorite Hellsing character: Alucard. Like, Waaaay Alucard. Runners up: Integra, Rip Van, Schro. Pickman was pretty cool too ("Alucard?" "Sorry, I'm running a bit late" "I abhor tardiness").
how long i've been reading the comic: About 2 years-ish.
favorite storyline: I liked the time travel one. Time travel is always cool. Especially when there's two Alucards in one London.

other info: I do a webcomic. I've done a fan-comic for shine. I have no life. I'm like a no-life peasant. I thought anime was completely stupid until I watched the TV Hellsing for the first time. I watched it all in one sitting.
Vulpeslibertas
Regular Poster

Postby Abadon XXX on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:56 pm

Name: Abadon, or Andrew
Favorite Hellsing character: I would have to say Seras. I don't know why, but she seems to me like the kind of person who would be fun to hang out with.
Favorite storyline: How the Grinch stole Christmas. It was well done and very amusing ^^
Other Info: Mainly I roleplay on several boards and I recently I have been doing fan fics with the characters that I use primarily. Lately I have been doing a continuing Sailor Moon fan fic. However, I have also started up a Hellsing fan fic mainly due since I haven't done much in terms of leaving my character's past somewhat a blank. That fanfic was very fun and it usually satisfies my curiousities with him and if he was tied to the Hellsing universe.
Darksong: o.o I completely forgot I was wearing pants
Darksong: *glares at cats* YOU ARE NOT ME! STOP TRYING TO USE MY COMPUTER AND CHAIR
She who rides in single file to hide her pie ~Reyome
I wasn't aware we needed proof that Andrew was, in fact, crazy. I've been aware of this for years. ~Lord Massacre
Muah ha ha ha. Now with your real name I can do creepy stalker things to you. ~Xuanwu
Abadon XXX
Regular Poster

Postby Teh Alucard on Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:55 pm

Name: Alucard (Convention Name), William (IRL Name)
Location: AL (I refuse to type the name, it sucks as a state enough without the full name.)
Favorite Hellsing character: Alucard. I cosplay him, he's badass, and has Integra connected to him. What more could you ask for? My 2nd would have to be Schrodinger. Happy cat boys! ^_^!
Favorite storyline: Feliz Nazidad, cause the interaction between Rip and Schro was awesome. Fanon or no, it was funny.
Other Info: I tour conventions in the south east, mainly to play in gaming tournaments and Cosplay Contests, but after having a windfall of massive fail, I quit that and just started hanging out at cons. I've been cosplaying as Alucard for 3 years consistantly, and I've only won one award in that time period. (2nd Place Male Anime Character, East Meets South 2005) I've liked Hellsing ever since I saw the anime, and then read the manga. Let's see. I run Convention radio, which is a shoutcast station that broadcasts...whatever I feel like playing, with a convention twist. (I'm DJ Mix Masta Alucard) I also write fanfic, Mainly Sailor Moon, but I've started to diversify. I also play in many different TCGs and table top RPGs.
Teh Alucard

Postby SuperNull on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 pm

Name: Sander. It is not exactly my name but close enough. I use this nick a lot and prefer people not beeing able to google my real name just from this nick.
Favorite Hellsing character: Schro. Just because of the mystery. All the caracters are good anyhow. There is no caracters I dislike being in the story.
Favorite storyline: The time travel. Especially becasue it did't happen. ;)
Other Info: IT Student. I have discovered Hellsing only recently and red/seen everyting of it in a mall ammount of time.
SuperNull
Regular Poster

Postby RinaNosferatu on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Name: Angel
Favorite Hellsing character: Integra Hellsing
how long i've been reading the comic: 2 or 3 months
Favorite storyline: Fangirls(guys) in He**
other info: My older sister Elin brought me into this and I'm just finishing middle school
RinaNosferatu

Postby Amelia wins on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Name: amelia
Favorite Hellsing character: i have such a crush on walter (at all ages!). and i wish i had a little schro!
how long i've been reading the comic: since last year some time
other info: i was just hunting for chapter 82, and happened across this forum. i figured i might as well continue to endulge my addiction to hellsing by joining a forum. so hi!
Amelia wins

Postby Frey on Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:04 pm

amelia wins wrote:i was just hunting for chapter 82, and happened across this forum. i figured i might as well continue to endulge my addiction to hellsing by joining a forum. so hi!
I have been trying to find chapter 82 as well.
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby R-Chie on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:52 am

Frey wrote:
amelia wins wrote:i was just hunting for chapter 82, and happened across this forum. i figured i might as well continue to endulge my addiction to hellsing by joining a forum. so hi!

Join the club XD
[Evil wins because good is dumb.]
R-Chie
Regular Poster

Postby Amelia wins on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:39 am

R-Chie wrote:
Frey wrote:

Join the club XD

hahaha i have joined the club :P
Amelia wins

Postby Tatterdelimon on Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:38 pm

Name: James
favourite hellsing character: a toss up between Integra, the captain and Anderson with the hilarity that is Heinikel and Yumie.
fav storyline: probably the fangirl ones.
Tatterdelimon

Postby Jamew85 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:04 am

Name: Alexandra
Favorite Hellsing character: Since Hellsing came out first I drifted from side to side. First there was alucard, then there was anderson , then maxwell, but actually it is creasy uncle andy again...
how long i've been reading the comic: Oh... I clearly don´t remember. But I stumbled over it while searching for humorous Helssing fanart.
Favorite storyline: Too many
other info: I´m actually studying textile technologys (will change to biology next year). I am obsessed with genetics and evolution, love fabolous creatures of all kind (ever heard of the Baromez?) and live in the hope of granting a good day to people by painting silly comicstrips and fanarts.
Religious curiousity: I´m actually a catholic without a cause. My parents wanted me to be protestant but something went uterly wrong with two churches... long story. I actually adore hosties but I have an allergy against holy smoke wich prevents me from visiting our church (mostly).
Jamew85
Regular Poster

Postby Frey on Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:06 am

If I recall correctly, Jamew85 was in the second Fangirl/Fanboy storyline as a fangirl of Integra.
Free-Thinking
Frey
Regular Poster

Location: University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), Illinois, USA, Earth

Postby Jamew85 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:10 am

Frey wrote:If I recall correctly, Jamew85 was in the second Fangirl/Fanboy storyline as a fangirl of Integra.

Correct. But actually this was just a misunderstanding between erin and me.
But i don´t hate integral.
Jamew85
Regular Poster

Postby Kreiga on Mon May 07, 2007 6:52 pm

Name: Ryan
Favorite Hellsing character: That's a tough one. I'm gonna to with Rip, but i like them all.
How long I've been reading: I'm not sure. I think it was sometime in '05. I've loved every minute since.
Favorite storylone: That's even tougher. "How the grinch cancelled Christmas" is up there, as are "Shine or Die" and "Conventions of Fanatic Generation" And of course anything with Rip makes me happy. Honestly though, there has yet to be one i didn't like.
Other Info: I'm a Freshman in college (for another week), recently turned 19, and think i might finally have gotten a job. I'll know soon enough. I'm not sure what I plan to do, which is why I'm currently at a 2 year school. I like collecting swords, knives, and other weopons, as well as learning to use them. I'm a roleplayer, a history student, and a total nerd.
As far as tactics are concerned, I recommend cheating.
Kreiga
Regular Poster

Location: Naperville, IL, USA, Earth, the solar system, Milky Way, the universe

Postby Atticus_blackwolf on Sun May 13, 2007 4:58 am

Name: Deanne
Fav story line: The one that I keep reading over and over again is the Scooby-Doo one, I read it over and over when I'm bored. Yayy archives!!
Fav hellsing charactor: I haven't read much of the manga( i'm looking for number four) but in the anime and OVAs I like Alucard and Walter. All cool
Random Fact: I use the same name for everything so If your ever on Gaia Online or fanfiction.net look me up I have the same name. Not much fanfiction going on yet. Also on crunchyroll.com I have the same name. Fine chances are that if see the name Atticus_blackwolf it'll be me.
An apple a day will keep anyone away, If you throw it hard enough.
- Stephen Colbert
Atticus_blackwolf
Regular Poster

Postby Brynnie-chan on Tue May 29, 2007 11:54 am

Name: Brynn
Favorite Hellsing character: Alucard. No question. But I do love Rip.
Started Reading: Right near the end of All's Well That Ends Wells. Followed loyally ever since.
Favorite Storyline: Hmmmm. Really tough choice. I guess Reseda's first appearance was my favorite, but Shine or Die has a special place in my heart. But I've never met a Shine story I didn't like.
Other Info: I'm straight, but I have a minute crush on Yomiko. I laugh when I read the fights between Alucard and Anderson. I'm an AxS supporter, but only for fanfiction. My eyes change color from blue to green, and I get the worst red-eye ever in photos. I finally got the guts to join when I read "La Vie Hellsing." I cosplayed as Yomiko at AnimeNEXT last year, and I was the only ROD cosplayer there.
I got the way and means to New Orleans
I'm goin' down by the river where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink, then walk around
I got a lot to think about
Oh yeah...
-Bloodletting, Concrete Blonde
Brynnie-chan
Regular Poster

Postby Mrrout on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:42 pm

name:julie
favorite character: integra
reading hellsing for 6 month and the comic for 1 month, daily