7/31/06 - 8/4/06 Comics

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

7/31/06 - 8/4/06 Comics

Postby Xuanwu on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:40 am

I'm debating whether to make a thread for everyday, or one per week. Per week is probably best to reduce clutter.

On today's comic: Alex is likely Anderson. Is this kid Enrico, then?

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby SailorPtah on Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:29 am

That would be smart, and help keep one thread from going on forever.

I can split threads too, if necessary, which is nifty =)

And yes, that's teenage!Rico. Shiny blonde hair and snake-eyes are the clues. I tried to draw something like a younger version of his Cross Fire self while still making it look like him, which is a challenge ^_^;
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Xuanwu on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:26 am

Catholicon...Augh...

On the other hand, the fangirls there would almost assuredly be Catholic schoolgirls, a popular about which much has been said. :wink:

I can't imagine filk songs would go over very well. Definitely no renditions of "Cthulhu Loves the Little Children." :D

Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero

Postby Eilon_Wolfe on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 pm

...I've got to stop reading these boards. I'm laughing so much it hurts! XD (Thank you for that, though. It's nice to laugh. *giggle* 'Cthulu loves the little children' sounds like something I'd come up with... Bad idea, I'm getting off that subject.)

Now, as far as catholic school girls go... hmm... *thoughtful expression* ...okay, bad subject for me right now!
Eilon_Wolfe

Postby Lynxie on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:37 am

Yeah, but you gotta count the fact that not all catholic schoolgirls remain Catholic... There are some that develop into normal non-overzealous people. And I'm sure Alex *snigger* has met one of those types that attempts to stump the theology teachers. She could always make a return to bug him... :twisted:

And then there's the odd "my mom forced me here; I want nothing to do with this religion" that may actually want to sing "Cthulhu Loves the Little Children." at the top of her lungs! XD :twisted:
Lynxie

Postby Eilon_Wolfe on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:25 pm

Lynxie wrote:Yeah, but you gotta count the fact that not all catholic schoolgirls remain Catholic... There are some that develop into normal non-overzealous people. And I'm sure Alex *snigger* has met one of those types that attempts to stump the theology teachers. She could always make a return to bug him... :twisted:

And then there's the odd "my mom forced me here; I want nothing to do with this religion" that may actually want to sing "Cthulhu Loves the Little Children." at the top of her lungs! XD :twisted:

Now, now. Not all catholics are overzealous. That's a steriotype. ...Hmm... my step mother did try performing an exorcism on me recently, though... Wait, we're not catholic.

That's the kind of person I'm both excited to meet and afraid of at the same time. ^_^
Eilon_Wolfe

Postby SailorPtah on Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:14 pm

Eilon_Wolfe wrote:Now, now. Not all catholics are overzealous. That's a stereotype. ...Hmm...

On the one hand, I hate to propagate the stereotype by only featuring overzealous Catholics in Shine.

On the other hand, the overzealous kind are the funniest ones.

Besides, you have to have a certain level of crazy to come to cons =D
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Eilon_Wolfe on Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 pm

I agree. XP Then again, I'm too crazy to leave my house.
Eilon_Wolfe

Return to And Shine Heaven Now