Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

For questions about, comments on, and other assorted discussion of all things Shine-y.

Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 pm

All right, folks, this is (almost) it. There is (almost) nothing left to spoil.

Any questions you've ever always wanted answered about Shine -- the plot, the characters, the backstory, whatever -- ask them now, and all will be revealed.
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby flyboy254 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Now that Shine's almost wrapped up, does this mean you'll be devoting your talents entirely to Cat Person, or is there anything else besides on the docket?

What did Stephen do to Alhambra?

Will D disappear, or will he finally be brought to justice?

What canonically happened in the US? The Vatican?

And also, I want to say thanks. This was an awesome and often hilarious series start to finish, with creative plot twists and hilarious sequences that, honestly, inspired me to dive deeper into my own projects and try to make my own mark. When you went for comedy, you hit comedy, and when you wanted drama, you hit drama. Few webcomics today can claim a legacy like this one can, and as devoted and genuine a fanbase.
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
User avatar
flyboy254
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Seaboard

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:57 pm

These will be converted into illustrated in-comic answers soon, but I'll put the preliminary text answers here...

flyboy254 wrote:Now that Shine's almost wrapped up, does this mean you'll be devoting your talents entirely to Cat Person, or is there anything else besides on the docket?

Well, there's always fanfiction. And job-hunting ^_^; But when it comes to the particular energy that I used for Shine, yes, that's going to be funneled into BICP.

flyboy254 wrote:What did Stephen do to Alhambra?

Played dead until his guard went down, then grabbed Sweetness, glommed onto him like a lamprey, and shot him in the heart from behind. Stephen's newly awakened instincts then kicked in, and he chowed down.

flyboy254 wrote:Will D disappear, or will he finally be brought to justice?

D will sneak off to Japan and set up a new pet shop in Tokyo, only to find his series put on indefinite hiatus. PSoH events are mostly the same as the original manga, except that Chris Orcot gets to keep his dragon sidekick.

flyboy254 wrote:What canonically happened in the US? The Vatican?

Which part(s) of the US? There are kind of a lot. I'll post some strips about the futures of individual characters, and of course Jon and Stephen got their own spinoff.

At Section XIII: Enrico dies, of complications from fight-related injuries. Yumie/ko are officially retired, and get therapy. Heinkel goes on a backpacking trip through Europe to find hirself, but eventually comes back to the job, after ze finds out that they're not interested in forcing Yumie/ko to return. Timothy throws himself into the job with a vengeance, and within a few years ends up running the place.

flyboy254 wrote:And also, I want to say thanks. This was an awesome and often hilarious series start to finish, with creative plot twists and hilarious sequences that, honestly, inspired me to dive deeper into my own projects and try to make my own mark. When you went for comedy, you hit comedy, and when you wanted drama, you hit drama. Few webcomics today can claim a legacy like this one can, and as devoted and genuine a fanbase.

Warms my heart to read. Thank you ^_^
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby Xuanwu on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Does Alucard make it back at the same time or earlier than in the original?

Does he come back with Schroedinger in tow, as implied in the manga?

Any plans to tackle Drifters?

Will you post remaining HellSING's, fanart, and other looks into your sketchbook even after the comic is done?

Any plans to "remaster" more of the early strips?
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby FelinaofL2 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

What were Jigen and Goemon doing during the attacks?

Do Calvin and Hobbes ever visit a certain petshop again, maybe when they're older?

Did Crowley's freakin' sweet car get totaled?

Does Angel!Penwood hang out with Angel!Arthur & his wife, maybe play cards or some such?

Will we get to see Angel!Bertie with his beloved Jeeves?

Is my theory that Timothy is a descendant of Milo Thatch & Kida complete crack? ( :oops: But good crack, I swear! It works! Somehow! *shot*)
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
User avatar
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:10 am
Location: MD, USA

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby yamiangie on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Alright more of the events in Paris. That makes me happy, also it's funny because i just finished watching Lupin III vs Detective Conan.
User avatar
yamiangie
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:28 am

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am

Xuanwu wrote:Does Alucard make it back at the same time or earlier than in the original?

Does he come back with Schroedinger in tow, as implied in the manga?

You'll see in the next storyline!

Xuanwu wrote:Any plans to tackle Drifters?

I haven't even been reading it ^_^;

Xuanwu wrote:Will you post remaining HellSING's, fanart, and other looks into your sketchbook even after the comic is done?

The plan is to follow up Shine with a repost of The Eagle of Hermes. I've been thinking of posting it Monday through Friday, and then interspersing it with Sunday Editions as before. On the other hand, that might be too disruptive to the flow of the story. Still haven't decided.

Xuanwu wrote:Any plans to "remaster" more of the early strips?

Afraid not.

FelinaofL2 wrote:What were Jigen and Goemon doing during the attacks?

Have patience!

FelinaofL2 wrote:Do Calvin and Hobbes ever visit a certain petshop again, maybe when they're older?

No need. Unlike so many of D's customers, Calvin and his parents aren't about to recklessly break the contract.

FelinaofL2 wrote:Did Crowley's freakin' sweet car get totaled?

He made it better.

FelinaofL2 wrote:Does Angel!Penwood hang out with Angel!Arthur & his wife, maybe play cards or some such?

That they do. And show off pictures of their respective grandchildren ^_~

FelinaofL2 wrote:Will we get to see Angel!Bertie with his beloved Jeeves?

Sure will. The fez, on the other hand, will mysteriously disappear and never be seen again.

FelinaofL2 wrote:Is my theory that Timothy is a descendant of Milo Thatch & Kida complete crack? ( :oops: But good crack, I swear! It works! Somehow! *shot*)

Yes, it's complete crack. As to whether it's correct crack...I haven't seen the movie, so I couldn't say ^_^;
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby FelinaofL2 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am

SailorPtah wrote:The fez, on the other hand, will mysteriously disappear and never be seen again.


So the fez will be joining the Dr.'s poor fez... A pity.
Gundam Wing has hot guys, kick-ass women and mechs. Hellsing has hot guys, kick-ass women and guns. ^_^ Ah, the joys of anime.
User avatar
FelinaofL2
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:10 am
Location: MD, USA

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby Xuanwu on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Are you going to show Jon and Stephen's wedding as part of Eagle of Hermes? How about Yomiko and Nenene?

Do the events of ROD TV still happen, or were they wiped from the time stream?

Where are the Doctors in all this?

Does Integra train Tim in the ways of Go Fish?

How many Ijin did Doc have left?

How many Millennium clones does Doc have in storage, ready to emerge and start the cycle over again?

Is the fangirl portal closed forever?

Does Heinkel ever find love again?

What's Heinkel's attitude toward Japanese futa hentai?
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Xuanwu wrote:Are you going to show Jon and Stephen's wedding as part of Eagle of Hermes? How about Yomiko and Nenene?

All appearances aside, Jon and Stephen aren't actually dating in EoH. As for Yomiko and Nenene, same-sex marriage isn't legal in the UK or Japan...but they might run off to have a ceremony in the Netherlands (with Nancy as maid of honor).

Xuanwu wrote:Do the events of ROD TV still happen, or were they wiped from the time stream?

Wiped from the time stream, thanks to Joker's arrest and a change in priorities for Dokusensha.

Xuanwu wrote:Where are the Doctors in all this?

Alpha Centauri.

Xuanwu wrote:Does Integra train Tim in the ways of Go Fish?

Trust between the two organizations isn't quite that high. But they do have friendly (no, really!) matches when one of them is in town.

Xuanwu wrote:How many Ijin did Doc have left?

The plan from the beginning was to throw them all into the final battle, and so they did. Although I can't promise that a Mina Murray I-jin didn't sneak away beforehand.

Xuanwu wrote:How many Millennium clones does Doc have in storage, ready to emerge and start the cycle over again?

Doc: *headslap* D'oh! Should have thought of that!

Xuanwu wrote:Is the fangirl portal closed forever?

It is indeed.

Xuanwu wrote:Does Heinkel ever find love again?

Heinkel finds Yumie/ko again ^_~

Xuanwu wrote:What's Heinkel's attitude toward Japanese futa hentai?

Heinkel: o_o;;
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby flyboy254 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Since the world has now ripped away the masquerade, does this mean mankind will finally start hunting the creatures that have treated them as prey for so long en masse, in any official capacity?
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
User avatar
flyboy254
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Seaboard

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:57 pm

flyboy254 wrote:Since the world has now ripped away the masquerade, does this mean mankind will finally start hunting the creatures that have treated them as prey for so long en masse, in any official capacity?

Things like Hellsing were official already -- just secret. The main difference now is that their efforts (and budgets) will be up for public scrutiny.
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby Xuanwu on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 pm

What network is the first to have a vampire/ghoul/werewolf reality TV show, possibly with former members of Millennium?

Did the vampire attack of 1999 lead to the same national security measures as happened post-9/11 (Homeland Security, TSA, Patriot Act, etc.)?

Does 9/11 still happen? What about the London Bus Bombings?

How were Africa, the Middle East, India, and mainland China affected? (Feel free to answer each separately as needed.)

Do the events of the 1999 attack cause any major shifts in global power due to the rebuilding effort?

Where's the next Eurekon?

Who gets "Catholic of the Year" at the Catholicon after the attack?

Whatever happened to Miss Clavel?

What are the Dokusensha's new priorities? Will Nenene still be recruited to write the ultimate novel? (Joker had nothing to do with that scheme.)

Does Calvin ever end up working for Annie as a beta-tester?

Now that Mamoru is dead and Usagi and Seiya are getting married, what will their kid be like? :lol:

We saw Ace and Sara Jane, but how did the 1999 attack affect the young lives of Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, and Donna Noble?

How many vampires and ghouls did Captain Jack Harkness get to take out in Cardiff?
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby flyboy254 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:49 pm

A REALLY good question just popped into my head.

What was Ireland's reaction to the attack? The RIRA's reaction?
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
User avatar
flyboy254
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Seaboard

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby Xuanwu on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

(I swear I'm only asking the questions I find interesting. I'm not just making stuff up to spam.)

How are Millennium's members doing in the Integra Circle of Hell? Does every Nazi she kill go there or just the big wigs (like the Major)?

Was Zorin really a lesbian in the Shine-verse or did Pip just think she was?

Now that Pip is part of Seras' body, does War interact with her as a gun spirit?

When do we get to hear War tell the Major's story about how Millennium started?

Will we get to see the "Actual Armageddon" (Sailor Moon/Good Omens/etc.) promised in that timeline you posted?
Image

Image
User avatar
Xuanwu
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:41 am

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Xuanwu wrote:What network is the first to have a vampire/ghoul/werewolf reality TV show, possibly with former members of Millennium?

Did the vampire attack of 1999 lead to the same national security measures as happened post-9/11 (Homeland Security, TSA, Patriot Act, etc.)?

Does 9/11 still happen? What about the London Bus Bombings?

How were Africa, the Middle East, India, and mainland China affected? (Feel free to answer each separately as needed.)

Do the events of the 1999 attack cause any major shifts in global power due to the rebuilding effort?

flyboy254 wrote:What was Ireland's reaction to the attack? The RIRA's reaction?

I gotta be honest, here: part of the reason I skipped the chunks of the timeline where all these details would have come into play is so I wouldn't have to figure them out.

Here's what I can tell you. After President Clinton was killed in '99, Gore assumed the office, and handled the aftermath well enough to be reelected in a landslide in 2000. Between the increased security measures and the presence of an administration that didn't ignore memos with labels like "Bin Laden Determined to Attack in US", the attacks that would have become known as 9/11 were averted.

Vampires, werewolves, and other such mythical creatures were no longer seen as appropriate light-fantasy fodder for years afterward. So, no reality shows. Also, no Twilight.

And that's as much as I can tell you without going off and doing some serious research. As with the Romanian/Orthodox reactions to Alucard, I'll leave the speculation of what happens in other countries to people who know them intimately.



Xuanwu wrote:Where's the next Eurekon?

Who gets "Catholic of the Year" at the Catholicon after the attack?

No idea.

Xuanwu wrote:Whatever happened to Miss Clavel?

Died peacefully in her sleep several decades ago, with her former students by her side.

Xuanwu wrote:What are the Dokusensha's new priorities? Will Nenene still be recruited to write the ultimate novel? (Joker had nothing to do with that scheme.)

Depends on China's role in the new global power structure, which, as I mentioned, I'm not doing enough research to work out.

Xuanwu wrote:Does Calvin ever end up working for Annie as a beta-tester?

Calvin ends up working for Anne at just about everything. Beta tester, secret assassin, retrieval of mythical objects, you name it. His parents are both pleased and baffled at how their son manages to make so much money.

Xuanwu wrote:Now that Mamoru is dead and Usagi and Seiya are getting married, what will their kid be like? :lol:

I think you've addressed this question to the wrong comic.

Xuanwu wrote:We saw Ace and Sara Jane, but how did the 1999 attack affect the young lives of Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, and Donna Noble?

How many vampires and ghouls did Captain Jack Harkness get to take out in Cardiff?

This is a continuity where the Doctor rarely visits Earth, having chosen some other planet as his pet favorite. Ergo, Jack is not in 1990s Cardiff, and the others live out their lives as extras (albeit quitly-heroic extras) in someone else's canon.

Xuanwu wrote:(I swear I'm only asking the questions I find interesting. I'm not just making stuff up to spam.)

That's a relief, although I hope you don't mind if these don't all make it into the comic proper. They don't all have interesting answers ^_^;

Xuanwu wrote:How are Millennium's members doing in the Integra Circle of Hell? Does every Nazi she kill go there or just the big wigs (like the Major)?

It's very, very crowded down there.

Xuanwu wrote:Was Zorin really a lesbian in the Shine-verse or did Pip just think she was?

Don't know, don't care.

Xuanwu wrote:Now that Pip is part of Seras' body, does War interact with her as a gun spirit?

Unfortunately, the gun in question managed to get totaled.

Xuanwu wrote:When do we get to hear War tell the Major's story about how Millennium started?

Do you see that on the list of remaining storylines? 'Cause I don't.

Xuanwu wrote:Will we get to see the "Actual Armageddon" (Sailor Moon/Good Omens/etc.) promised in that timeline you posted?

Wait and see ^_~
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby Kazokuhouou on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Is Kim from Eagle of Hermes in any way related to Yumiko?

Are there pacifist/benign vampire sects hiding, and did any fight against Millenium?

Will vampires and humans ever be able to coexist?

Since it doesn't look like you'll ever show it, will you give us a summary of the Sherlock Holmes/Pet Shop of Horrors story Integra passed up in favor of 'Isn't That a Little Bit Dangerous, Jeeves?'?

Will you draw the Major singing Springtime for Hitler, just for the lulz?
Image
User avatar
Kazokuhouou
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Kazokuhouou wrote:Is Kim from Eagle of Hermes in any way related to Yumiko?

Nope. She's actually Chinese, not Japanese.

Kazokuhouou wrote:Are there pacifist/benign vampire sects hiding, and did any fight against Millenium?

Sects, no. Individuals, sure. (Helena used to be one.) However, none of them made it into the fight. Vampires' lives work on a different time scale from humans; a war could go on for years before a reclusive vampire noticed it was happening.

Kazokuhouou wrote:Will vampires and humans ever be able to coexist?

I hope so!

Kazokuhouou wrote:Since it doesn't look like you'll ever show it, will you give us a summary of the Sherlock Holmes/Pet Shop of Horrors story Integra passed up in favor of 'Isn't That a Little Bit Dangerous, Jeeves?'?

I'll see what I can do. Note that Conan Doyle himself touched on it: "Matilda Briggs was not the name of a young woman, Watson, ... It was a ship which is associated with the giant rat of Sumatra, a story for which the world is not yet prepared."

Kazokuhouou wrote:Will you draw the Major singing Springtime for Hitler, just for the lulz?

Sure will. I'd love to draw a full parody of the song, if anyone wants to tackle the lyrics.
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby flyboy254 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:41 am

On it! *Goes to lyric*

EDIT: *Skids back in* Original or remake?
Vampires can be exceedingly charming when they need to be. They will joke, cajole and flatter, and just when you think, "vampires aren't so bad," you've got a pair of fangs buried in your neck.

For those who still insist on treating vampirism as a romantic existence, consider the suicide note left behind by Jacob Drexel, member of a prominent Philadelphia family who was transformed in 1937. After Drexel leaped off the City Hall tower one snowy night, a suicide note was found that closed with the following lines: "I have been living in constant torment over the unspeakable acts I have committed, and yet I am powerless to stop committing them. May God forgive me."

- Dr. Hugo Pecos, FVZA Director Emeritus
User avatar
flyboy254
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Seaboard

Re: Doujinshi-Ka's Last Inbox

Postby SailorPtah on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:33 am

flyboy254 wrote:On it! *Goes to lyric*

EDIT: *Skids back in* Original or remake?

Whichever you can make funnier ^_^
User avatar
SailorPtah
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:30 pm
Location: Gaysrael

Next

 

Return to And Shine Heaven Now



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest