Something to Build Upon....

Postby Lord Emsworth on Mon Jun 25, 2001 8:28 am

Well, an excellent start to the second "Odd Jobs" serial. Nice layout, good expressions on the crew and especially the foreman, and the dialogue is crisp and intriguing, and like much of the dialgue in this strip, reminds me of some of the better radio detective shows (more than once I've been reminded slightly of "Your's Truly, Johnny Dollar.") <P>Capital job, Mr. Broderick. And though it's a bit belated, an excellent conclusion to the "Lost Child" story (with a neat parallel between the first strip and the last strip.) The fact that elements of intrigue still remain after the case is presumably "over" added to the enjoyment. Took me awhile to get caught up on "Odd Jobs" (as whenever I fall behind, I have to start again from the beginning, in order to truly appreciate the plot progression), but it was worth it. Nice to hear you're going three days a week now as well (though this also means that, should i fall behind again, it would take me that much longer to catch up.)<P>Still, keep up the good work, Mr. Broderick. This is certainly a strip to build upon indeed.
Lord Emsworth
Regular Poster

Postby Tim Broderick on Tue Jun 26, 2001 6:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord Emsworth:
<B>Still, keep up the good work, Mr. Broderick. This is certainly a strip to build upon indeed. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks LM, I really appreciate the comments. I feel I'm just getting started in many ways, I hope you enjoy the trip!<P><P>------------------
Tim Broderick
Someday, all jobs will be<A HREF="http://oddjobs.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank> Odd Jobs</A>
Tim Broderick
Regular Poster

Return to Odd Jobs