Re: How this will affect David

Postby Tim Broderick on Thu May 03, 2001 6:54 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macclint:
<B>Odd Jobs has really gotten suspenseful in these last several weeks. There's even the angst ridden scene of the girl dying (in the best traditions of John D. MacDonald). A lot more powerful than if she called from off screen, "ow! That mean guy hit me!" and then everything was peachy keen.<P>How will this affect David in the future?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You know, that's an interesting question. As a matter of fact, I have a character in the next story saying: You can't keep witnessing death and not have it affect you.<P>I have two answers here:<P>First, overall things kind of come to a head in "Odd Gothic," causing David to take a job that maybe he shouldn't in the next story, tentatively called Lost Child II. <P>(For a peek at what's going to happen to David, go to Thrillingdetective.com and search under David Diangelo)<P>But Clint, I've got to be honest about this. I don't know David well enough to know how all this will really affect him. You know, I've always heard about authors having characters kind of just pop into their minds, but this character just popped into existence one day for me. <P>It kind of creeps me out a bit. I mean, he's a lot cooler than me for one thing. He came to me like 14 years ago, when I was doing a poster for a small-time band I knew of.<P>I still have the early images and the first story featuring David, done in 1985/6. I'll try and put them up this summer.<P>But how will it affect David? In this story, all this is building up to an understated moment in time, in the second to the last panel of the story.<P><P>------------------
Tim Broderick
Someday, all jobs will be<A HREF="http://oddjobs.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank> Odd Jobs</A>
Tim Broderick
Regular Poster

Return to Odd Jobs