Feeding the characters

Forum for discussing the Hazard's Wake webcomic and all of those crazy characters and storylines. Comments and questions welcome! How's my webcomic(k)ing?

Feeding the characters

Postby Antonymous on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Araceli and company have just gotten up, and presumably haven't had breakfast yet. Their lives of late have been all slavery and shipwrecks and slaughter, with no sign of food, so I think they might be feeling a bit peckish by now. Araceli even missed dinner before she got deNephilized. This cannot be allowed to continue; we don't want the Embodiment of Darkness to become hungry.

There is only one thing to do: speculate! What will Araceli and her companions have for breakfast?

As the only human in Nephilim, Araceli probably hasn't had much instruction in what she's supposed to like, so her tastes may have developed in all kinds of weird directions. Perhaps she would like some nattō and rice? And a durian?

Maple grew up with the Dianolva priestesses, so she's probably used to ostentatiously simple vegetarian (except on certain religious occasions) food. I'm not sure I can match Dianolva oatmeal, but how about some Birchermuesli?

I have no idea what to feed Fluffy, and in his confused state, he's unlikely to be of much help. Hmm, he looks carnivorous. I'll fry up a few herrings; if he doesn't eat them someone else will.

Well, maybe not Cress; something tells me he doesn't feel like eating anything this morning. But maybe he'll take some strong Haato coffee? And I'll wrap up a pan bagnat so he'll have something to eat later.

Oh, are you going somewhere? Better pack lunch for everybody then. More sandwiches - watercress and fresh cheese for Maple; okra and fermented fish for Araceli. And a basket of platanos fritos because it's not a picnic without them, and some ceviche and gallo pinto with coconut, and mopane worms because I know Araceli will like them, and you should stop at one of the vendors outside and get a lassi or some limewater, and -

Would it be simpler if you just came back for lunch?
Antonymous
Regular Poster

Re: Feeding the characters

Postby Furikku on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:09 am

I want a durian.
Furikku
Regular Poster

Re: Feeding the characters

Postby Hazardswake on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 am

I had figured that they ate when they first got to Hamasho. I tend to, well, skip things like that. Which is, now that I think about it, missing out chances for world and character-building.
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.
Hazardswake
Regular Poster

Return to Hazard's Wake