30 October: The Original Meaning of ''Demonize''

Forum for discussing the Hazard's Wake webcomic and all of those crazy characters and storylines. Comments and questions welcome! How's my webcomic(k)ing?

30 October: The Original Meaning of ''Demonize''

Postby Germ on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:14 pm

It seems the statue has morphed into a demon that looks suspiciously like the final boss from Ninja Gaiden. It also seems the color scheme for Cress's sword's sucks a little less.

Discuss.
Germ
Regular Poster

Postby Hazardswake on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:10 am

I thought the colorscheme of his sword looked tacky, in retrospect, so I changed it. I wasn't sure if that deserved a newspost of explaination or not. :P
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.
Hazardswake
Regular Poster

Postby Overture on Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:18 am

Alas my Xbox broke as I reached the Aquaducts, never advanced past them.
I do like the non-human shaped demons though.
Overture

Postby Hazardswake on Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:55 am

I think Germ meant the original NES Ninja Gaiden. ...I hope so, at least, because those are the only ones I've played thusfar.

And yeah, the So Damn Evil Statue and the Demon's look were loosely based on the last boss from that game.

I like Non-human demons myself, though I guess that's obvious. Most of the ones I've got planned are not humanoid, but there may be a few exceptions.
Hazardswake
Regular Poster

I spoil games like this a lot.

Postby Germ on Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:34 am

Yeah, I meant NES Ninja Gaiden. The final boss for the Xbox Ninja Gaiden is more humanoid than most. But I did love Xbox Ninja Gaiden, too (though the final boss of the Aqueducts is ridiculous).
Germ
Regular Poster

I'll keep that in mind Germ

Postby Overture on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:36 pm

Shows how young I am, first thing I think of was the (last?Are we allowed to call it that yet?) gen Ninja Gaiden
Overture

Postby Darth Cariss on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:32 pm

If it makes you feel any better I thought of the newer game too. I got far in it...past the Aqueducts, but I never beat it.
Darth Cariss
Regular Poster

First time through, I missed one scarab, in the blimp. ONE!

Postby Germ on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:12 pm

I'd point out the NES Ninja Gaidens are in the Xbox version, but you can't be expected to have unlocked them if you never finished. They're just as hard on there as they were on the NES.
Germ
Regular Poster

Re: I'll keep that in mind Germ

Postby Hazardswake on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:03 am

Overture wrote:Shows how young I am, first thing I think of was the (last?Are we allowed to call it that yet?) gen Ninja Gaiden

I think it's natural to think of the newest incarnation, though. I woulda done the same if I'd played the XBOX version.

Just because, here's my console history:
NES > Gameboy > SNES > Playstation > Dreamcast (It got stolen. I only got to play 2 games on it, too) > Playstation 2.

And as I get more involved, its harder to make time for games. That, plus the PS3 costing a bunch of money, plus the fact that I've kinda dropped out of the know for what's cool and would suit my tastes game-wise, makes me wonder if I've dropped out of the console-race.

But, you know, if someone puts out a game that I just have to have, like a new Silent Hill (I have to admit, I love those games), I'll probably pay up and get whichever system its on. :P

END RANT!
Hazardswake
Regular Poster

Return to Hazard's Wake