The HWRP Dilemma

Forum for discussing the Hazard's Wake webcomic and all of those crazy characters and storylines. Comments and questions welcome! How's my webcomic(k)ing?

The HWRP Dilemma

Postby Hazardswake on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Hello, all.
I had some matters dealing with the HWRP that I wanted to talk about.

>.> A while back, there was talk of starting an RP for this board, and I gung-ho-ly volunteered, despite having no real experience in such a thing as well as not knowing if I'd have the time or understanding to pull it off.

Thus we have the RP as it is now; snail-paced. Thus, I wanted to know what the forumites felt about it. If need be, I shall disband the current RP and let someone else DM (you could still keep all of your characters) or I could keep trying my hand at it, and make myself work on it more.

So, basically, I just wanted thoughts, comments, and such about all this.
Hazard's Wake - fantasy webcomic in an RPG world.
Hazardswake
Regular Poster

Serious post, serious subject line.

Postby Germ on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:14 pm

My opinion on this is pretty split. I think some good things would come from the current form of the RP thread. With the comic author as DM, it would lend authority to the situations and characters and provide some handy backstory that may be hard to put out strictly through the comic. On the other hand, not much has happened in the month since it's started. I'd prefer if there was a way to get the author-authority without having inexperience and/or outside time commitments getting in the way. Personally, I'm a bit in favor of just pushing forward; this can just be a learning experience just like pretty much everything else, and it could quickly get better with some simple changes (for example, replying more frequently with short posts responding to one or two people rather than waiting and making one huge post to respond to everyone).

There's my two cents, but if the prevailing opinion is to scrap this and start anew, that'll be fine with me, too.
Germ
Regular Poster

Postby Sisemen on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:01 am

I'm good either way, really. Germ pretty much mirrored my thoughts, so I'll leave it at that.
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever
--Napoleon Bonaparte
Sisemen
Regular Poster

Postby Mordax Praetorian on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:16 am

I like this pace, it doesnt take very much time out of doing other things
Serves 2, or 1 Mordax
Mordax Praetorian
Regular Poster

Return to Hazard's Wake