Questions Thread

The place where no good punk-asses and aimless hipsters come to discuss a rather lousy comic.

Postby PortableNuke on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:20 pm

Lydia wrote:
PortableNuke wrote: If someone starts exercising because that person is unhappy with their weight then it doesn't really matter what the perception of anyone else is. Of course there is usually some outside stimuli that sparks the improvement in the first place.

Other people's perceptions are not the same as the interactions that they provide. What I think about someone doesn't really matter, if I converse with them positively and politely, there is always a better outcome than if I gave them my base perception of them. There is a perfect example of when one's actions are influenced by the existance of interaction for the better.

What you think about a person does matter though. It colors people's behavior towards one another. It's mostly subconscience and unintentional, but there are verbal cues when people make assumptions.

That was more about the perception becoming know to the other person. That people could read my mind was an assumption on my part.

There are ways to be diplomatic about criticism. Things always work better when people use tact.
PortableNuke
Regular Poster

Postby Tor The Aardvark on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:51 pm

My nic? Well I think aardvarks are som strange creatures, and kinda cute, and Tor is a common name in Norway.

Anyways the human thing... I can't seem to find a better answer to that question that is more correct than Bartholomeus answer, not that it is correct. Which one of us realy knows what the right answer is?
But yeah, humans are social animals, why do you think we think that being locked in a dark room all alone is a punishment? Why do we go out and drink at bars, if not to be with other people and trying to hit on girls? Human interaction is atleast as important as human action, because we need both to get our messages out to other humans, as we use both body and verbal languages to interract with other people.
TUIFU (The Ultimate In Fuck Ups.)
Tor The Aardvark
Regular Poster

Postby Mo on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:32 pm

Neon_c wrote:Whare did you all get your screen names... why? how? is thare even a story? did you pick random words?

My friends actually came up with "Cookie" as a nickname for me because I wanted one. They thought it fit because I'm so damn sweet.

Superpower?

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd have to say flying.

There isn't much about the action/interaction question that hasn't been said already, so I'm leaving that one alone.
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:35 pm

Nothing beats the power of flight. That way we may one day hope to tame the perilous skies.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Mo on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:37 pm

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Nothing beats the power of flight. That way we may tame the perilous skies.

And stalk cute guys unnoticed.
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Tor The Aardvark on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:38 pm

I'd go for the ability of never getting a hangover as the best superpower.
Tor The Aardvark
Regular Poster

Postby Cryabetes on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:08 pm

I got my nickname from a friend who reads toothpaste for dinner- I used to blog a lot about really whiny and bitchy topics and he called me it. I use it whenever "Illgiveyousomethingtocryabout" is taken or too long.

Superpower would be massive finger dexterity- I like playing keyboards and other things that go "Rock".

Human action and interaction are the same thing but from different viewpoints- from a determinist's POV, everything is interaction, caused by something else, tracable back to the big bang. From a libertarian, everything has the potential to be independant action, without stimulus.

Personally, I think that only things important to a singular probability time line will happen and then anything else can happen or doesn't have to happen and the outcome will be the same.

IE, if the outcome of the probability axis you have is that you need green water, and you have a glass of blue water and a cup of yellow water, it won't matter what color the cup is or if the glass is actually made of glass. When you mix them, the water will be green anyways.

What countries do you think will (directly) start the Third World War?
Cryabetes
Regular Poster

Postby Col on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:23 pm

Cookie wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Nothing beats the power of flight. That way we may tame the perilous skies.

And stalk cute guys unnoticed.

And avoid traffic!
Col
Cartoon Villain

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:23 pm

I used to have dreams of flying, but not anymore. They just don't happen. All I get are stupid things like the giant ant and naked Futurama. Or driving off cliffs and peeing.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Mo on Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:35 am

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I used to have dreams of flying, but not anymore.

Me too! It was like... Suddenly I figured out how to do it, and it was so easy, like swimming in the air! And I was happy! And then I woke up. :(
But yeah, doesn't happen anymore.
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Col on Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:34 am

My dreams of flying just consist of me jumping over and over again, thinking I'm getting higher and higher and that I'm SO CLOSE to flying. It's sad, really.
Col
Cartoon Villain

Postby Orphevs on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:42 am

Cryabetes wrote: What countries do you think will (directly) start the Third World War?

Red United State, Blue United States (post revolution), China, Micronesia, and Tanecia will be the major powerhouses.
- Vik
Orphevs
Regular Poster

Postby Yeahduff on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:49 am

Oceania, Eurasia, and East Asia.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby Tor The Aardvark on Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:11 pm

North Africa, South East Asia, India and England.

England want's their old colonies back, but since the US is to strong they use them and Nato to attack their old colonies, and when the rest of Asia, Africa and South America joins there will be full chaos and everyone will attack anyone
Tor The Aardvark
Regular Poster

Postby Freddie Freelance on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:30 pm

If you're doing your laundry and put too much detergent in the wash, can you put more tergent in to balance it out?

If yes, what the hell is tergent?
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S.
Freddie Freelance
Regular Poster

Postby Orphevs on Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:40 pm

Tergent, or "greasy dirt" in layman's terms, works quite well at nullifying the effets of excessive detergent. Now my turn... what the hell is a D.F.S., Freelance?
- Vik
Orphevs
Regular Poster

Postby Col on Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:48 pm

Cryabetes wrote: What countries do you think will (directly) start the Third World War?

Atlantis.
Col
Cartoon Villain

Postby Silent mike on Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:01 am

My screen name is a nick name. I'm pretty quiet most of the time. Some times my friends sing "silent night" at me, replacing the rather obvious word.

As for superpowers, I think invincibilty would be hella cool. You could jump off a building and be fine! But it'd have to be superman invincibility, not captain scarlett invincibility (The difference being that captain scarlett has to heal and stuff before he can get back into action (at least I think he does...)).

Human interaction and human action? I'm tired, I've been away for the weekend, and can't be bothered to read the other replies.

And the Third World War? Well, let's just say it's gonna be horrible. People should try to get on better.

Mike
Silent mike

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:28 am

Col wrote:

Atlantis.
Quite wrong. It'll be Chapek 9, Tweenis 12, and Omicron Persei 8.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Col on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:35 am

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:
Col wrote:

Atlantis.
Quite wrong. It'll be Chapek 9, Tweenis 12, and Omicron Persei 8.

"This concept of 'wuv' confuses and infuriates us!"
Col
Cartoon Villain

PreviousNext

Return to Eight to One