Unending Predictions!

The place where no good punk-asses and aimless hipsters come to discuss a rather lousy comic.
Cryabetes
Regular Poster

Post by Cryabetes »

Man I was just waiting to reenter the conversation.
I was on the outs of that one for a few pages.

SubLet

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

Nanda wrote:
yeahduff wrote:I am very frightened of death, but I try not to dwell on it, since I only have so much control over it.
Ugh, me too. 3 am is the worst for me, when everyone else is asleep.
Sunday nights. I don't know why, but since I was a kid Sunday night would freak me the hell out. It's not every week, or even most weeks, but then one Sunday, the sun sets and it's like everything is poisoned. I'm fairly convinced that I'm gonna die on a Sunday night, eventually.

Every once in a while before I leave the house or work or whatever I think about what would happen if I don't make it back. How would people feel, how would they get on, would they cry, is elevator music really gonna be playing at my wake? I then turn on my iPod and shut my mind off.

Why's everyone looking at me like that?

Nanda.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Col
Cartoon Villain

Post by Col »

I just imagine the poor souls who'd get stuck having to go through all my crap after I've died.

I also wonder where I'd be buried. I have no idea where that would be.

Mo

Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Post by Nanda »

I've often wondered what it would be like to suddenly cut the wheel and veer into oncoming traffic. I'm not suicidal, just morbidly curious.

yeaduff
Image Image

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

I think about taking sharp turns on the highway to see if I can flip over.

Colin.

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

If I died suddenly, then people would find out all sorts of things they didn't want to know.

I get this odd urge to jump in front of the "L" everytime it flys by.

PortableNuke
Regular Poster

Post by PortableNuke »

Nanda wrote:I've often wondered what it would be like to suddenly cut the wheel and veer into oncoming traffic. I'm not suicidal, just morbidly curious.
Pretty exhilarating I'm sure. Most willful life threatening usually situations are.

Col?

Col
Cartoon Villain

Post by Col »

Yeah, I get that feeling of wanting to veer into traffic sometimes too. What's with that???

SuburbLe

TheSuburbanLetdown

I don't. There's no reason to take other people with me. I remember over the summer some moron wanted to kill herself because another girl at school didn't want to have sex with her. So she drove her Benz into oncomming traffic and killed a mother of 3 in a Hyundai. The girl survived of course since her car was much heavier. Use a freakin' gun or something and leave the people that want to live alone.

Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Post by Nanda »

But like I said, it's not suicidal, it's morbid curiosity. If I were really going to kill myself, I'd do it a lot more quietly. You know, statistics show that most women kill themselves in the bathroom, and men in some other part of the house. It is believed to be because the women don't want to make a big mess... Unlike you guys who blow your brains out in the living room. Someone has to clean that up, you know. If you're gonna do it, do it outside or something!

col
Image Image

TheSuburbanLetdown

I don't remember the exact number, but statistics show that more women try to commit suicide than men, but men are more successful since they'll use a more violent means to do it. Women often overdose on drugs, which tend to have a lower success rate.

comptroller blood & guts

Col
Cartoon Villain

Post by Col »

Why would anyone want to hang themselves is what I wonder. Come on, you're deciding how you die. Why not make it quick and painless? Hanging is too much of a risk of not killing you on the first tug. That, or using a knife. Really, overall, suicide doesn't sound that appealing at all, so I think I'd just pass on the matter entirely. Otherwise I'd never find out what happens in 8:1!

Nuke

TheSuburbanLetdown

I can tell you what happens, but then I'd have to kill me.

coln

Col
Cartoon Villain

Post by Col »

Heh.

orphevs

Orphevs
Regular Poster

Post by Orphevs »

Choking on my own vomit or something equally rock and roll on the day before my 30th birthday. Anyone who lives past 30 has to have done something wrong in their lifetime, it's a fact.

PortaNuke.
- Vik

Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Post by Nanda »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I don't remember the exact number, but statistics show that more women try to commit suicide than men, but men are more successful since they'll use a more violent means to do it. Women often overdose on drugs, which tend to have a lower success rate.
Yes, I'd read that, too. Having looked extensively into suicide, a friend of mine decided that he was better off just living, because hardly any of the painless suicide attempts are foolproof, and if you mess it up, they put you on suicide watch.

Mo
Image Image

TheSuburbanLetdown

I decided it would hurt too much. Good thing it didn't leave a scar.

panda

PortableNuke
Regular Poster

Post by PortableNuke »

And give you a ticket in some places.

The best way I've heard of to die is nitrogen inhalation. There was an NASA maintenance worker who was cleaning the inside of a tank that was filled with nitrogen who died once he ran out of oxygen. He didn't even realize it since our bodies are used to taking in nitrogen when we breathe normally.

Sub?

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I can tell you what happens, but then I'd have to kill me.
Wait, you can? Can you tell me?

Colin.

Col
Cartoon Villain

Post by Col »

I knew Duff would be the death of Chris.

Sublet