Nailbat Begins

A place to discuss the happenings of AntiBunny.

Postby Linkara on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:27 am

Hmmm... In a bit of cheating, I'd say if he changed his own name, then he wouldn't necessarily be that person who died, would he? ^_~

...Yeah, it's reaching...

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby VinnieD on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Yeah I by the way should have written "Change your own time" But considering Dee is talking about the names in his list, it's what seemed appropriate at the time.

But I'd recommend the manga Death Note to see where I got some of the ideas for Reaper's eyes. It'll also explain a lot to do with the rules. The list goes by birth name. If you legally change your name or go by an alias it won't matter.

Additionally any changes Mors does make will show up on Dee's list. Very frustrating for Dee actually.

On a side note that will come into play later, Suicides are not counted on Dee's list. His list covers death's under the normal undisturbed chain of events. Changes Mors makes happen as a result of seeing Dee's list so are outside of the chain of events that would have lead to that individual's death. Afterward Dee's list is updated with the new lifespan of that individual. Yes Mors can see the new lifespans as well since now he's connected to Dee's list. Mors of course can't change his own time, not even by suicide. That's the trade those with reaper's eyes make.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Holyice7 on Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:32 pm

Well aren't we a cheery lot?

I suppose that answers all my questions, but I can't shake the feeling that something is still lingering.
For God's sake, it's rocket science, not brain surgery!
Holyice7

Postby VinnieD on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:41 pm

The next one is up. For those who don't get the joke in the last panel. This one's a nod to Batman The Animated Series.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:37 pm

A new one up.

Mors is beginning to see that he's gone the wrong way and become more interested in taking out his own petty vengeance than saving lives. This part of the story is a bit dragged out but it's important to show the creation and redemption of a hero.

On a side note, You've heard the bigot call rabbits "long ears" a few times. In the AntiBunny world, that phrase is a very offensive racial slur.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:39 pm

text.....sooooooo...heavy....
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:23 pm

I just want to say that I actually got a little misty eyed drawing this comic so I hope the emotion shows through.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 am

Behold. Cameos a plenty.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:56 pm

At last let me introduce you to the world's first rabbit super villain.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Holyice7 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:09 pm

Not only does he empty your garden of veggies, but he salts the earth afterwards.
For God's sake, it's rocket science, not brain surgery!
Holyice7

couldn't stand keeping this to myself any longer.

Postby Thanatos5150 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:35 am

Okay, i got to point this out.
Furi has red eyes, as does Mors/Nailbat, with nailbat it explains his "reaper's eyes" and insofar as now, they've gone without explanation for Furi.
Now, I hypothosise this:
Dee mentioned that he had slipped up earlier and let somebody ELSE (not Mors) take a look at his list, I propose that this somebody else is Furi.
And thats why he can bypass Nailbat's "immortality" he can chjange times on the list which are not his own, therefore, Mors/Nailbat is fair game, and treated just like any other mortal.
Also, I'm betting Furi is pretty much immortal as well, with the exception of a vs. Nailbat confrontation. Obivously, its someone who got Nailbat's powers and went the other direction with it.
Or maybe not, maybe it has something to do with Malaphas. Why is Furi so afraid of HIM?
Hes got to have something up his sleeve other than charisma if hes ruling a psuedo-immortal like Furi through fear.
The red lifeline may be indicitive of it being tied with another "reaper"'s, in this case Mors/Nailbat's
Could this be how Nailbat is able to alter his own lifeline, by altering the connected one in Furi?
You may now, and probabbly will, ignore my rambling.
*tip o' da hat*
~Thanatos
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:43 pm

You sir are so very close. But Furi isn't 50. Furi's origin though relies on information I haven't revealed yet. What happened 50 years ago? That actually pertains to the main AntiBunny story. Doesn't that background look familliar? Like it's appeared somewhere before. A very early strip perhaps? Maybe the weather was different at the time though.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Yeah, the whole fifty years ago thing. Forgot that in my whirlwind of thought.
Admittedly, I'm more a fan of Nailbat than the main Antibunny story, I shall now have to dive back into Antibunny and figure it out.
Or have another glorious failure of a hypothesis in the process.
Somehow, I knew my theory couldn't be completely right, it was too...
simple.
I shall investigate upon awakening, for now, I have a twelve hour shift to sleep off!
~Socrates~
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:36 pm

The latest one is up. That thing was a major pain to draw. While I love making the strips so detailed I worry that my buffer dwindles faster than I can build it.

To answer the question before it pops up. No Furi is not a robot. That panel is strictly symbolism intended to express that Furi is Machine-LIKE in his determination. he's much like the type of villain who feels no pain. Except in this case Furi does feel pain and just doesn't care.

At this point you're thinking the fight is over. I'll tell you now that it isn't over until I say it's over.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:03 am

NOW it's over. But come back next week to find out who Furi really is.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:29 am

So was anyone surprised by the latest turn of events? Any rugburns on your jaw?
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Mon May 21, 2007 5:45 pm

Now, with The Darkness:
As I mentioned in the shoutbox, I immediatly see a Splinter Cell referance.

Am I correct in assuming that the Darkness will be like a bunny version of Sam Fisher?
~Socrates~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Mon May 21, 2007 8:11 pm

that was the inspiration for his goggle covered eyes, but otherwise he's totally different. More of a mystic than a spy.

I knew from the beginning that I wanted him to have colored eyes. At first I was going to do red, but that might throw people off and make them think he has reaper's eyes too (which he doesn't) so, looking at an advert for the latest splinter cell I got the idea to give him glowing green eyes.

Also his eyes will glow all the time, unlike the red reaper's eyes which turn on and off.

His speech bubbles will be distinctive as well but this is the only time I'll use those hand drawn and lettered balloons. They take up too much space and they're too much work to do all the time.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Mon May 21, 2007 10:57 pm

Thats well understandable, I was just assuming from the name, the goggles, and the sudden appearance, that he may be endowed with the Power of Absolute Stealth Godliness.
Of course, thats me being a Stealth Action fan and trying to transpose it EVERYWHERE.
You really should read how I write my charecters sometimes.

As for the art. I completely and totally ENVY your ability to consitantly re-draw the same charecter, whereas I might eek out a poor-quality sketch and never manage to re-create the guy right.

I think it hand-drawn is thematically appropriate for Darkness's into.
~Socrates~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby VinnieD on Tue May 22, 2007 1:04 am

Consistency has actually been my weak point. But working on comics is a good way to practice that since you have to repeatedly draw the same thing.

Darkness lets me cheat a little since he's sort of an amorphous flame of dark energy, he's never exactly the same shape between two panels. I also get to cheat by not having to draw feet, or arms if he's not using them.

Nailbat has taken some time to refine. If you compare early drawings you can see his costume changes over the story. Unlike say, Penelope's ever enlarging ribbon, Nailbat is physically changing his costume and improving it, slowly transitioning to one that's true to his sketch in the beginning. From his first attempt he's:

Added the jacket, revised the cape, and altered the skull icon on the mask to be larger and more angular (it's actually inspired by the shape of a stop sign) The shirt with the nail logo is the same.

As you can guess, after the Furi fight he's up for a new bat.
VinnieD
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to AntiBunny