Comic Collective, Consortium, Collaberation, blah blah etc

To discuss the comic, make announcements, and have it serve as a medium for the speculation, commentary, fanart, and conversation that goes along with it.

Postby Tenma on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:41 am

I work nights and weekends, so I wouldn't be available after 9PM on Friday or Saturday and not at all on Sunday. I can use AIM, Yahoo or IRC.

[Updates Mondays and Thursdays]
Tenma
Regular Poster

Postby Lando on Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:34 am

what time do you get off?
Lando

"My spelling and grammar come with a disclaimer."

www.back2roxboro.com
Lando
Regular Poster

Postby Shishio on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:06 am

I have to rely on public access stations to get on the internet, so I can't do any chatting. However, barring any catastrophes, I do check the forums and my e-mail daily.
One-liners: Come for the laughs, stay for the abuse.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Postby Lando on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:12 am

:o public access?!? I feel sorry for you, man... I'd shoot myself without my 3mb cable... *shudder*
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com
Lando
Regular Poster

Postby Shishio on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:36 am

The connection is good, but I'm more restricted on some computers. And sometimes I can get on hotspots with my laptop.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Postby Shishio on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:59 am

By the way, check the "All your comic are belong to me" thread.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Postby Zero_Hawk on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:55 pm

I'm almost always around and on AIM and IRC because I have no life. If anybody needs me, that is.
Steve and Mac forum
<Zero_Hawk> Grimace vs that Robot from T2
<Zero_Hawk> The one that regenerates
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> Grimace couldn't lose.
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> But he couldn't win
<malevolence> Grimace can breathe fire
<malevolence> he'd melt the robot
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> Because he has no offensive capability
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> He's like the Thwomp from Mario Party
<Zero_Hawk> The robot would regenerate
<Muddbogginredneck> you all need a life
<Zero_Hawk> You need to stop sleeping with your cousin.
<Muddbogginredneck> no
Zero_Hawk
Regular Poster

Postby Tenma on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:55 pm

Lando wrote:what time do you get off?

6AM on Saturday and Sunday mornings, 5AM on Monday morning. I usually go straight to bed when I get home, though.

I'm sometimes available in the middle of the night on Friday and Saturday (1-5AM) since that's dead time where I can pull out my laptop. I doubt that would be all that useful though...

[Updates Mondays and Thursdays]
Tenma
Regular Poster

Postby KLSanchez on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:52 pm

And I'm not much of a chatter. I just sit there most the time and watch the text scroll by.

That or go read something.

At any rate, I usually only leave AIM on when I feel like letting it be in case Philip wants to talk about something. Otherwise, I just leave it off. I could do just about any program if needed to though.

Around all day today (Sat.) since I'm off, but I'll doubtless be watching College Gameday, and/or taking care of random loose ends with the comics. I.e., links work, coding work, CGing, sketching, etc... I'm lapsing this week and I don't like it.

If you need to talk bad enough, you could PM ZH (Philip) to get my AIM handle, then open up a chat or something and get him in there, too. I don't just give out my screenname so much anymore since I prefer not to be bothered with the work (and not work) I do.
I'm rich, biatch!

Gulf Coast chapter, bitches.
KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Postby Shishio on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:02 pm

Obviously it's not possible for us to meet simultaneously online, so let's forget about that, and actually get our shit together.

Here's what we need to get done.

1. Get the site up.

2. Get the pitch comic done. I will ask Henshin to draw this, if no one has any objections.

3. Get the subdomain sites for anyone who wants to move from Comic Genesis.

What I need is to be told, very clearly, exactly what I need to do in order for Lando to get the ivcomics.net domain to redirect to my webspace.

We then need someone to design the site. I would much rather not be involved in this part, because I can only do basic HTML, but if noone else can do it, I will do something very basic. We will also have to discuss our logo, slogans, how we want it to look, etcetera.

I need you all to send me your comics so that I can write our pitch comic. Once I have them, I will write a script and post it for everyone's approval. Once it is approved, I'll get someone to draw it.

I don't want to be rude, but I would like for us to stop humming and hawing, and get our work done.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Postby KLSanchez on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:04 pm

It's hard to get work done when you've already got a full plate.

I don't want to move off CGen, it would just be nice to have a shorter address, a.k.a. steveandmac.com.

P.S. I can code and design websites, but I really don't want to. It took me a solid week to design and get each of our two sites working as they are, and I need the time to keep SMac buffered and finish Charlie chapter two.
I'm rich, biatch!

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Postby Lando on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:16 pm

OK a few things, sucks that we can't all get together.

Second, I had an Idea that each of us could design a Logo then look them over and a. pick the best, b. take those ideas and come up with a unified one or c. make the logo rotate on the website.

Third scheduling, i'm flexible, if I can get ahead I can do tues, thurs with kev and phil holding down MWF And Shishio on fri, when Nick gets back rollin that means that tuesday will be the only day that isn't double stacked can we do something about that or should we keep our current schedules and leave tuseday for something special like i dunno random offense day, dirty needle day or something of the like

Fourth Domain can be had in the blink of an eye I just need the DNS names for dreamhost subdomains will need to be pointed to each of our comic sites in the form of <comicname>.IVComics.net

Fifth, we need tag lines, funny phrases and other wacky goodness to well you know entertain.

I guess I'll handle the site work HTML is the way to go to reach the masses with a falv of javascript thrown in I've got some ideas and they are vastly different but cool at the same time, I'll bang a couple of them together and we can see which one we all like.

Last what's a pitch comic?
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com
Lando
Regular Poster

Postby KLSanchez on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:03 pm

Sixth, punctuation is your friend. ;)

You forgot that we actually do things M-W-F and Saturdays, you keep forgetting about Comicarotica and SS Comix. We're multi-comic.
I'm rich, biatch!

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Postby Shishio on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:27 pm

OK, I don't want to log in to personal things like my control panel, e-mail, etcetera from work, so I will try to get online tomorrow, and I will post a screenshot from my control panel. I am sure there is a page that outlines the process of redirecting a domain name to Dreamhost space, and it should have the DNS numbers on it.

Barring any catastrophes, I should be able to have that up by 3:30 p.m. EST tomorrow.

I go on the night shift tomorrow, (FUCKING RIGHT.) so I'll be here (at work.) from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. I should be able to get online again at around 8 a.m. EST and set up an FTP account for the collective.

You can then set up the page and all that. If anyone wants to put their comics on my webspace, I will install SomeryC for everyone when I can. Or you can install your own scripts. Let me know.

As for logos, I have no artistic or graphic design ability whatsoever, so don't expect anything from me. I was thinking of imposing on Henshin yet again and getting to draw some stuff for us. If you guys want to use multiple logos, that's fine with me, but I don't think it's good for promotion purposes. Noone will ever remember us if our logo is always different. It's all about branding, people.

What I mean by a pitch comic, is a comic to introduce the comics of our collective to people. What I was thinking of doing was starting the comic off with a webcomic junkie going nuts for a fix, and he would be thinking about webcomics. (Ours, of course.) These thoughts would then be presented in single panels like so:

Thought Panel 1:

Rose stands naked before Nate, who looks a little uncomfortable.

Caption:

I wonder how the relationship between Rose and Nate will develop.

Rose:

Just have sex with me already, you bastard!

Panel 2:

Steve and Mac are running from someone, we don't see who.

Caption:

And what misadventures Steve and Mac will have next.

Steve:

Who are we running from?

Mac:

The police.

Steve:

Why?! What'd you do now?!

Mac:

I'd focus more on running, and less on talking, if I were you.

Panel 3:

Shishio reigns in hell, and pisses on jesus, who is on the cross and covered in feces.

Caption:

And what obsceneties Shishio will delight us with next.

Etcetera.

Then it ends with a picture of some nurses putting an ethernet cable into a jack on the junkie's wrist, and the last panel can be a logo with a slogan to the effect of "We got your fix."

This is why I need your comics, so I can actually write this without violating your continuity or anything. Or, you can not send them to me, and have them left out.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Postby KLSanchez on Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:30 am

Mac: More talky less sprinty!
I'm rich, biatch!

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Postby Zero_Hawk on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:07 pm

...Less talky more sprinty, you mean?
Steve and Mac forum
<Zero_Hawk> Grimace vs that Robot from T2
<Zero_Hawk> The one that regenerates
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> Grimace couldn't lose.
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> But he couldn't win
<malevolence> Grimace can breathe fire
<malevolence> he'd melt the robot
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> Because he has no offensive capability
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> He's like the Thwomp from Mario Party
<Zero_Hawk> The robot would regenerate
<Muddbogginredneck> you all need a life
<Zero_Hawk> You need to stop sleeping with your cousin.
<Muddbogginredneck> no
Zero_Hawk
Regular Poster

Postby Lando on Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:29 pm

well mine ain't exactly hidden, the link is in my sig ;) And kiss my punctuated ass!! :P typing in the dark ain't exactly my forte capice'? I guess I got to go install Firefox 2 so I don't look like a third grader anymore.

WBTR frame: Lando and Whitney standing at Welcome to Roxboro sign. Whitney: We left three years ago remind me why we came back?
Lando: Well you know how light can't escape a black hole?
Whitney: I guess so..
Lando: Same concept.

shit I can't find a picture of the sign anywhere anymore but it is stacked rock with white letters carved into dark wood kinda looks like my logo.

Shishio I know you are excited but don't expect too much out of us. I can barely keep up with my own stuff. When we do launch we sould make sure we are putting foot forward. So as far as adding the site design to my plate it might be a little slow to start but it will progress. If you can screenshot your control panel and email it to me at Helst0rm at gmail dot com I should be able to provide instructions.
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com
Lando
Regular Poster

Postby Shishio on Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:38 pm

I don't care if it's slow, as long as we're at least progressing and not wasting any time.

Check the DNS Information thread I made.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Treading Ground