2008-01-01 Update - Marius and Portia

Chat about the comic, or pester the artist. Go on, then.

2008-01-01 Update - Marius and Portia

Postby Mylifeinblue on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Just letting anyone using this know that there was an update! It might not be alive now, but I'd like to give the forums opportunity to grow and flourish should the time come.

And lovely lovely Sissi did the coloring job so I could get it to you sooner! And it looks great.

˚ It feels good to update again!
˚ Sorry its a little wider than usual - the page looks a little messy now. Will fix next week.
˚ I used up all of my background talents on the first panel..
˚ I would like to draw attention to the fact that Portia's boobs look great in the last panel. Go me.

Mylifeinblue

Postby Sissilein on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:02 am

You forgot to mention that Portia gave her shoes to a hobo! I mean, she had to wear shoes to the store or risk a run in her stockings, but she couldn't very well wear old shoes with a new dress, OR carry the shoes in her bag... that might even be worse than showing up with an old dress in her bag.

So in the London of MLiB, there is now a very happy transvestite hobo somewhere out there.
Franzl!
Sissilein

Postby Mylifeinblue on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:32 am

I wasn't going to mention it unless it came up, but now the prospect of a transvestite tramp in London is too good not to write a comic about!

Mylifeinblue

Postby KnyazFyodor on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:24 pm

In an informal essay, I propose to offer an analysis of Marius' relationship to Jamie and Portia, and argue the point that we may have a romantic threesome developing within the scope of this comic through visual evidence. The main evidence of this possible looming coupling of the three characters is the erotic symbolism behind the characters' adjustment of each others' clothes.

Point the First: Jamie and Marius.

Observe as Jamie (after gracing what we assume can only be Marius' fine behind with an overt leer) adjusts his roommate's ties. i believe the implications are too obvious to require explanation. Half-windsor indeed!

Point the Second: I think we all know what Marius was really going for here. Looks the gentleman, but the rascal is clearly a wolf in an Englishman's waistcoat. Nice try, mister.

So, what sort of sartorial debauchery are we to expect from Portia and Jamie? I suspect an explicit wardrobe change for the ginger - rumour has it Portia cannot abide the smell of Thrift Shopper.
KnyazFyodor

Postby Mylifeinblue on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Interesting theory.. and lord knows I'm all for threesomes, but couldn't this equally be read as healthy flirtation?

Mylifeinblue

Postby Sissilein on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Jamie was obviously flirting, but Marius is hard to read. He might be flirting since, you know, touching people isn't something he usually does, but yet he may just be being kind (not letting her walk in with the tag) and just poking a little friendly fun at her.
Franzl!
Sissilein

Return to My Life in Blue