Disaster strikes!!

To assist in the conquest of hearts and minds. Okay, maybe not minds.

Disaster strikes!!

Postby Hellbenders on Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:02 pm

Last Wednesday, the St. Louis area (my home) got cocksmacked by a ferocious storm... 90 something per hour winds, equivalent to a Category 2 hurricane, with tornadoes and very active lightning. We only had about an hour's warning, like we could do anything. I was driving the company's rentie van trying to find a gas station to keep from getting charged out the yang (as opposed to getting about the same thing anyways) when this bitch hit like gangbusters. So with all the gas stations blowing out of power at the same time and me in imminent danger of getting thwapped by a flying limb, I decided "Fuck the gas", parked the van and got the hell out.

Power went out to over 6 hundred thousand residents of the area due to this and another wicked storm soon after. No surprise, my house is one of them. It is still out for about half of them. No surprise, my house is one of them. Now I'm on the boss' computer at the office, which JUST got power today. I've been staying at my rommate's parents house, which I appreciate very much, stopping by the old hut every day to check the power and feed the cat monsters.

Felt like drawing. Act of God, Thor, Zeus, Susannu, whoever. No Hellbënders this weekend.

Send electricity.
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Postby Hellbenders on Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:39 pm

Power's back on. I'm a little busy taking care of things (like damage control), but I'd expect more Hell to be bënt this weekend.
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Postby ShardZ on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:59 am

Thank goodness! I (and your other readers, I'm sure) am glad you're all right, and hope the damage isn't too severe. As pitiful as it is, all I can really do is offer my sincerest hope that things go well from here on out, and the time-worn phrase "take all the time you need."
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.
ShardZ
Regular Poster

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers, eldritch vapors...

Postby Hellbenders on Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:55 pm

Thanks. I can only do so much damage control in a day, and this weekend looks pretty wide open for once, so the only thing holding me down might be a lack of practice over the last couple of weeks. But a few hours at the Wacom and a few vigorous swipes of the eraser tool will set me straight.
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Return to Hellbënders