Sorry! Busy!

To assist in the conquest of hearts and minds. Okay, maybe not minds.

Sorry! Busy!

Postby Hellbenders on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:19 pm

My Inventory job is keeping me really busy right now. For the most part, I'm just driving out to the office early to set up or help set up the equipment the crew are going to be using, traveling out to the store which are often an hour or two away, working for about 6-10 hours, traveling back, and if I'm actually managing the inventory, I have to spend another hour on the computer work. Sometimes I just have time to go to work, get a meal, get home, go to bed, go to work, etc. etc. Added to that is the fact that I'm going to the YMCA to get a workout which I desperately need with the shape I'm in right now.

I have Saturdays off, and lately I've been blowing out the entire day scribbling out the latest page, but that is really not the way I prefer to work.

So this last weekend I played hooky. Next weekend isn't looking good either. I do apologise, and I seriously feel compelled to get this entire comic out. I just beg a little patience.

On the plus side, I asked the boss what August is going to be like, and he seemed to have a vast twinkle of anticipation and relief. So it looks like I might not have to ask for time off.

Not that I'm complaining. I like the work and of course, need the money.
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Postby ShardZ on Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:27 am

There's no need to apologize. I know I, for one, am just glad to know how things are going (and I think a brief update during a hiatus is all most fans ask, particularly an unscheduled one).

You do what you need to do... real life always takes precedence over a hobby, regardless of what the audience thinks. Come to think of it, I seem to be noticing the time constraint/sickness/emotional burnout of quite a few webcartoonists and reviewers, lately. I could just be getting around the 'Net more, or the season could be taking a toll on people (probably the former).

Anyway, take care, and I look forward to the comic whenever it comes. :)
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.
ShardZ
Regular Poster

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers, eldritch vapors...

Return to Hellbënders