June 11th: Filler

To assist in the conquest of hearts and minds. Okay, maybe not minds.

June 11th: Filler

Postby Hellbenders on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:27 pm

Yeah, I suck. I was hoping to be home by 3 in the afternoon today. Crawled in at 8. People are freaking slow. Tomorrow's just going to be a pain. I have about half of the page drawn, but I'm not gonna kill myself over it tonight and try to get up early tomorrow. Sorry. Try again next week. :cry:
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Postby ShardZ on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:47 pm

Hey, a strip's origins are always fun to see. Especially the evolution in style and detail. And you've got a heck of a lot of detail in there, my friend.

I like the effect of the chain mail (at least, I'm guessing that's what it is) on the elbows and knees of the guy getting whacked by the broom. Of course, I also like the detail on the broom, the sight bird flying through the hole in another guy's abdomen, and the shading on some of the sword blades to make them look "shiny." (Again, I could be reaching, here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Either way, it scanned really nicely for being 23 years old, and mostly pencil.

"I promised myself that if I needed filler art, this would be my first choice. Up to now, this had been an effective deterrent."

Bwah-ha-ha-hah!! *Ahem* Don't beat yourself up! You've already got a consistent, good-sized archive, with several storylines/situations (I know, two are about to join), which is more than a lot of new comics can claim. Okay, I'll stop now.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.
ShardZ
Regular Poster

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers, eldritch vapors...

Postby Hellbenders on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:57 pm

Thanks for the comments, Shard. Haven't had time to comment lately. I've been very very busy at work and drawing. And reading the fat-ass Bone graphic novel.

I'm glad my sword shading back then was good. It hasn't improved. -_- ;;

I still may have plans for the lizard dude and maybe the guy with the big bird.
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Postby ShardZ on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:21 pm

No problem. :) I hope things get better for you... or at least, to the point where things are working out (I mean, if anger really does help you focus on the comic, I wouldn't want you to lose that unless you could find some other source... I guess). We females can be a finicky breed at times, that's for sure.

And I think your shading is still nice. Pencilling can create different results than ink. *shrug* Oh, but one minor nitpick... isn't the big ugly looming up on his right, and her left? Looks like a nasty one, though. I don't suppose it's the huge Blood Raven on the far left here? Just a guess...

Anyway, take care.
ShardZ
Regular Poster

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers, eldritch vapors...

Postby Hellbenders on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:45 pm

Aw, now. It's not like I rage out page after page. I actually enjoy this.

Right... Left... shows what I get for buying a Three Stooges DVD from Dollar General.
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Return to Hellbënders