Welcome to The Hellbënders

To assist in the conquest of hearts and minds. Okay, maybe not minds.

Welcome to The Hellbënders

Postby Hellbenders on Thu May 25, 2006 3:09 pm

Welcome to the forum for my webcomic, The Hellbënders. Ask or talk about pretty much anything. I try to be polite in forums, but it amuses me when others aren't, so vent your spleen to your little black heart's content.

http://hellbenders.comicgenesis.com
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

I'm not one for making new threads... hope you don't mind.

Postby ShardZ on Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:22 pm

Sorry, but I won't be able to do much complaining yet. :D Looking at your banner, I wasn't sure what to expect artwise--but I love the black and white inkwork, and it goes well with the computerized shading/grayscale, IMHO. I also love the otherwise serious storyline infused with humorous elements (but who doesn't?). The first two comics were a huge indicator, of course. :)

If you must have a complaint of some sort, here's a question I had: In this comic, the Professor references the "nice lady with the white eyes [nicely evident in the previous comic, BTW] and the swords," but all I can make out is the one dragon head-hilted sword hanging at her left hip...

Hmm... come to think of it, I probably didn't need to post this here, since your commentbox will likely attract all the commentary you could want.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.
ShardZ
Regular Poster

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers, eldritch vapors...

Postby Hellbenders on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:56 am

Holy smokes, a comment!

Thanks a lot for dropping in and saying nice things. I could see that people were reading, but no one was saying anything.

The only people commenting on the message board are people I know personally who I have cajoled into checking out the site. Considering how the most recent comments are buried down in the bottom, I don't think it's very useful. If this forum is accomidating to non-ComicGenesis members, I think I would prefer this over the message board which will probably go away soon.

Ivory: Had two paired swords hanging side by side, one the long monstrosity she's still seen with, the other a shorter weapon she would use in her other hand. I had a few pages drawn with both weapons, but it looked awkward as hell, so I edited the shortsword out.

Unfortunately, Prof. Muphlestupher didn't get the memo. I'll be fixing that. Thank you for spotting that for me.
Hellbenders
Regular Poster

Postby ShardZ on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Yeah, comics with tagboards, shoutboxes and the like almost invariably get less activity in their forums. One complaint many tagboarders have is that they need to register to post on most forums (for people who already have a bunch of forum ID's and passwords to remember, yet another doesn't seem terribly accomodating). The flip side is, part of the problem forum moderators have with open forums (I don't know if CG's policies are up to the admins) is that when unregistered guests can post, it can result in chaos due to rude and crude users that can't be banned (I'm paraphrasing, of course).

I doubt there'd be a huge problem with an open forum that's just starting out... but if readers squawk about having to register (some seem to insist on instant commentary), I think all the tagboards and shoutboxes I've seen have the latest posts at the top. I prefer the posterity of forums, myself.

But anyway, thanks for the info on Ivory! Glad I could be of help. I'll be sure to keep checking back, with the comic and the forum. Best of luck!!
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.
ShardZ
Regular Poster

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers, eldritch vapors...

Return to Hellbënders