Death

Postby Nowhereman on Sat Jul 28, 2001 8:37 am

Tell me Nate, what are your thoughts on death?
I'm interested in hearing them.
Nowhereman
Regular Poster

Postby Nowhereman on Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:09 am

What can I say, death is a funny thing. If I think about it too much, well we all know what that's like.
I'm not saying there is or isn't some sort of God, just I think modern day religon really fucks up the aspect of one.
But look out on the world, those who think they live forever are usually dumb-ass idiots, who love the soulless fucking they engage in.
Our culture is actually obsessed with death, yet no one likes to talk about it.<P>So I quote the Who and say "I hope I day before I get old."
Nowhereman
Regular Poster

Postby Nate on Mon Jul 30, 2001 10:41 am

Shit man I hope I get as old as possible before I die.
Nate
Regular Poster

Postby Nate on Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:07 am

Actually I try not to think about it, because as far as I can tell dead is dead. That's it. I'm not saying there's definitely NOT an afterlife or god or reincarnation or higher spiritual planes, but I'll need some proof before I believe it. And I've never seen anything even resembling proof, and don't expect to.<P>Though I try not to think about it, obviously I do (see that shit on my page currently) because, well, sometimes I can't help it. It sneaks up on me when I'm thinking of something entirely different. And I'm glad it does occasionally because it restores the proper perspective to life.<P>What about you?<P>-Nate
Nate
Regular Poster

Postby BoxJam on Fri Aug 03, 2001 7:31 am

Yeah me too.<P>I used to not be able to imagine not
existing, like you talked about on your
page, but then I had surgery where they
put me uder general anesthetic, and those
hours I was under are just <i>gone</i>. I
couldn't tell time had passed or anything.<P>So I can imagine not existing now. And I
want to live as long as I can.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.boxjamsdoodle.com/" TARGET=_blank>BoxJam's Doodle</A> - the ballast
that keeps <A HREF="http://www.altbrand.com/" TARGET=_blank>Alt Brand</A> down.
BoxJam
Cartoon Hero

Postby KAboomy on Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:52 am

hearty agreement to the "living as long as possible" vein of thought<P>i should probly cut back a bit on those really greasy burritos...
KAboomy
Regular Poster

Return to Questionable Tales