Poll for June

For feedback, polls, FAQ, "Witty" Banter, General announcements, and plugs about the comic.

Who was the original protagonist for Super Temps concept?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:06 am

Mr. Evil
No votes
Iron Pants
33%
Skiv
No votes
Jenny the Kat
33%
Skull Girl
No votes
High Voltage
No votes
Mr. Unstoppable (Saskatoon villain)
No votes
The Hydromancer
33%
J.J.E. (Guy in the gas mask)
No votes

Total votes : 3

Poll for June

Postby Megaskunjii on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:06 am

Answer to be posted 1st of July.

The Super Temps concept is a lot older than two years. My idea for a super-hero parody, complete with characters who knew that "that's just the way things work in comic books" had originated back in the mid ninties.

Which leads to June's trivia question: Who was the original protagonist for the Super Temps concept?
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:58 am

Well, Its either Skull Gir/ Molly or Hydromancer, ebing the two most "visible" main charecters in the story, and I know when I sketch out a concept in my head, the original protaganist usually doesn't change (beyond maybe his/her name) when I start writing my story. My vote just goes for Hydromancer becuase he's an actual "Hero", and thats the classical, colloquial meaning of "protagonist"
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Megaskunjii on Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:39 pm

Since I doubt anyone will sob by not participating in the poll, I'm going to close it off a little early this month and post the answer.

And the answer is (drum roll please.... *watches a drum bounce by, and go down the stairs witha horrid crash)...

!!! HIGH VOLTAGE !!!

Yes, High Voltage was the original protagonist for the original strip concept. The original idea I had involved High Voltage, a comic book artist & writer, who gets super powers one day. Instead of being based around super heroes as a career, the idea was that as a writer, he could knew everything that was going to happen before it did.

The catch was that as a comic book fan, he went along with things. So he would intentionally allow himself to get captured and put into death traps so he could escape them.

He also had a counter-part: The one and only Mr. Evil. Mr. Evil also loved comic books and liked things to "go as they should" so he'd do things like very carefully fight heroes so he could capture them and put them into easily escapable death traps, and devise fiendish plans with really obvious flaws.

The idea mutated a bit and eventually instead of just two characters "playing by the rules" despite knowing better, I had an entire world playing along.

Skull Girl became the new lead character because I needed someone innocent and inexperienced, so she and the reader would more or less be on equal footing as they explored the quirky world of Super Temps.
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

Return to Super Temps