It's Hard To Hate Molly...

For feedback, polls, FAQ, "Witty" Banter, General announcements, and plugs about the comic.

It's Hard To Hate Molly...

Postby Decomics on Thu May 04, 2006 9:04 am

I would have never thought it possible, but you have created the sweetest, cutest super villain ever known to exist! Congratulations! 8-)

Oh, but wait -- Molly doesn't want to be known as cute....what a conundrum. D:

By the way, is Marta super powered, too?
Last edited by Decomics on Thu May 04, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen S.
Co-Author/Artist
Due East
http://dueeast.comicgenesis.com
Decomics
Regular Poster

Postby Megaskunjii on Thu May 04, 2006 10:17 am

Thank you, I do try. :) If Skully wasn't cute, it wouldn't be funny.

Everyone in Super Temps has special powers, but the average person's 'talents' usually suck. It's the same as how some people can draw at a photo-realistic level while others can't even draw a decent stick figure.

So on that note -- Marta's special talent is that she is immune to bubble gum. No matter how soft and gooey it is, it will not stick to her. She alone could still enjoy chewing gum despite wearing braces, and putting gum in her hair would be a futile attempt at a practical joke.
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

What A Nemesis!

Postby Decomics on Thu May 04, 2006 12:33 pm

I can definitely see how Marta will be the ultimate challenge to Molly -- for what, 3 seconds? :lol:

I do think it's great that you're using a plus-sized character (Marta) without resorting to fat jokes. Very nice.
Allen S.
Co-Author/Artist
Due East
Decomics
Regular Poster

Postby Megaskunjii on Thu May 04, 2006 9:15 pm

Heh...

Marta is fun to draw on a technical level. Her body shape was inspired by a co-worker I had in Toronto whom I liked. I like to put ordinary people in the strip because they're more fun to draw and demonstrate that I know how to do more than just sexy little chickies in thongs. (Skully needs to be an impish little hottie for a variety of reasons, including jokes and plot)

I'm glad you like the character. I wanted to make sure that Marta came off antagonistic to Skully without seeming mean, because she's not. Skully is just oblivious to the fact that her playing 'villainess' by trying to make people fat strikes an unpleasant chord with Marta, who is struggling with her weight.

Skull Girl actually LIKES Marta and would never make a fat joke directed at her. After all, Marta is her 'nemesis' for this job and she wants to make sure they have a good working relationship as such.

Marta on the other hand thinks that Molly is immature and silly.
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

Re: Hard To Hate Molly

Postby Decomics on Fri May 05, 2006 9:51 am

That's interesting that you based her on a real person. Is Molly based on a real person, too?

I like the interactions of the characters and the story. The art is fun, too!

I also like your attitude about Marta and the characters in general. Keep it up! (oh, and shameless plug, check out my comic strip, too, if you like!)
Allen S.
Co-Author/Artist
Due East
Decomics
Regular Poster

Postby Megaskunjii on Fri May 05, 2006 5:50 pm

Hey there!

I did check out your comic. The artwork is well done; a variety of character designs and body shapes is good to see. I have to admit I really favour funny or silly webcomics... like Dr. McNinja.

Marta's character design is based off a real person; her personality is not.

Skully isn't based off of a real person in any shape or form. She was partially inspired by "Tron Bonne" from the Megaman Legends series. She was an enemy character who falls for Megaman. The funny thing about the character was she was so perky, cheerful and supportive of her team for a villain.

I thought that was funny, so I made sure Molly was also cheerful and enthusiastic. She's much nicer than Tron though -- Tron's sunny disposition only extended to family, and to others only when things went well. Molly tends to be cheerful to everyone regardless, except when she's in "Super Villainess" mode. That's when she pretends to be arrogant, vain (well, she is a little vain), and "eeeeevil".

Uh... her obliviousness comes from me though. I can be rather dense socially. As to the doe eyes and punk hair... I'm just a sucker for doe eyes and punk hair.
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

Return to Super Temps