If Emma were a movie:

For discussion of the comic, characters, criticisms, etc. and just dicussion in general.

If Emma were a movie:

Postby Miruku on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:10 pm

Who would you guys like to see to play who.
Sadly, I've though about this many times, and have thoughts on the subject, but I want to hear yours.

Yes, I'm bored. "No Pink Ponies" did essentially the same post in their forum and I thought it was highly entertaining.
Emma; music, drama, romance & slice-of-life
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Pacian on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:24 am

Scarlett Johansson for Emma?

It's tempting to suggest Keanu Reeves for Theo - because Keanu is Ted "Theodore" Logan, but since Theo doesn't actually say 'whoa' much, I don't think that would work out. Gael García Bernal seems to be getting cast in everything these days. How about him?

I think that Sam Rockwell could pull off Willem nicely. Alternatively Robert Downey Jr.

Alicey... Hilary Swank?

Brody: Gary Oldman. He should be in everything. Or Sean Bean, but his American accent is terrible.

Also Annie should be played by Samuel L. Jackson, and the cat should be voiced by Ricky Gervais.
Pacian

Postby TheGreenBubble on Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:47 am

So Annie, a little blonde headed girl, should be played by a middle aged black man? Interesting.

I would say Emma should be played by Zoey Dechanel. She is a very versatile actor and she's extremely talented.
Not sure about anyone else. I don't know the characters well enough.
Sarah
TheGreenBubble

Postby Pacian on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:08 pm

TheGreenBubble wrote:So Annie, a little blonde headed girl, should be played by a middle aged black man? Interesting.

You obviously don't have a better suggestion, or you'd have made it yourself. :P
"Charles Freck began to hallucinate. The next thing he knew, a creature from between dimensions was standing beside his bed, looking down at him disapprovingly."
Pacian

Postby Miruku on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:14 pm

Is it sad that I never saw the "Ted" Theodore Logan thing until now?
And, once I saw that, I saw the "Bill" Will thing?
Second time I've accidently used a name that was from something else, or very close to something else (Susie Perkins=Susie Derkins of Calvin and Hobbes). Oh well. I do love that movie for all it's badness...and also for nostalgia. I'm a 90's child, what can I say?

Interesting suggestions so far. I think my personal favorite is Gael Garcia Bernal. Hadn't seen him before but he looks very very similar to Theo, and that's always cool. I also like Zooey Deschanel. Likewise had never seen her but she'd make an excellent Emma.

I think I'd have to see Hilary Swank with another 30 or 40 pounds before I could agree or disagree with that one.

Ones I'd come up with previous to this:

Emma: a young Rachel Griffiths, or maybe Jena Malone. OR Caroline Dhavernas
Theo: Lee Pace...maybe, or Peter Krause...or Nathan Fillion because I always used to confuse him with Peter Krause...
Will: I could never think of a really good one
Brody: Hugh Lorie or an older Henry Ian Cusick
Alicey:a younger, larger Laura Linney
Marissa: Tracie Thoms gone evil
Jeremiah: someone obnoxious!

How obvious is it that I like a lot of cult favorite TV shows? Let's see, there're two "Six Feet Under"s, three "Wonderfalls," the obligatory "Firefly," "House," and, of course, nothing I say could ever be complete without mentioning something from "Lost." Surprisingly, no "Newsradio."
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby TheGreenBubble on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:47 pm

I'm sorry. I didn't mean my comment to be offensive. I just thought that was kind of funny.
For Annie I would probably have to say Elle Fanning. I find her to be a little obnoxious so I think it would fit.
I agree with Jena Malone as Emma. Very good choice. Perfect age.
I also agree with Hugh Laurie as Brody. He's sexy.
Considering Alicey is suppost to be younger than Theo, I'm not sure about Laura Linney, but other than the age I think she would be good, along with most blonde haired actresses who are averaged height. I like Laura Linney. She's good.
I'm not sure who any of those other people are that the person above listed, but considering how good the ones I recognize are, then I am sure they are too.
For Willem I'd say Keanu Reeves rather than for Theo.
Sarah
TheGreenBubble

Postby Miruku on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:10 pm

Indeed, Laura Linney would be too old for Alicey.
A few on my list are more along the lines of: While I'm creating this rhetorical movie, I might as well create a rhetorical time machine so I can have whomever I want from whenever in their life I would want them." Particularly applying to Rachel Griffiths (Brenda in six feet under...she's about 50, but her facial features are so perfect for Emma), Laura Linney, and Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond on Lost), who is at least 10 years too young for Brody.

That kid looks pretty obnoxious...although I like her sister (who my best friend has decided is going to be...or is already...extremely rich with all those damned movies she's already been in).
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Pacian on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:15 am

Miruku wrote:Is it sad that I never saw the "Ted" Theodore Logan thing until now?

It causes me, for the barest second, to doubt your most excellence.

TheGreenBubble wrote:I'm sorry. I didn't mean my comment to be offensive. I just thought that was kind of funny.

Yeah, me too. I was joking. :wink:

I almost suggested Nathan Fillion for Theo, but I've only ever seen him in the same kind of role. Not sure if I could see him doing something more low-key. He needs to diversify.
"Charles Freck began to hallucinate. The next thing he knew, a creature from between dimensions was standing beside his bed, looking down at him disapprovingly."
Pacian

Postby Miruku on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:00 am

Pacian wrote:I almost suggested Nathan Fillion for Theo, but I've only ever seen him in the same kind of role. Not sure if I could see him doing something more low-key. He needs to diversify.

He was in Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, which was slightly different...he's good at being obstinate. Which is why I think he might work for Theo. But, yeah, Theo's certainly no Mal.

Doubt my excellence?! GASP! Never!
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby TheGreenBubble on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:54 pm

Wow! Miruku, I didn't realize you were the comic artist writer person. I feel kinda dumb.

Lauren Ambrose who was also on Six Feet Under looks kinda like Emma. She actually looks like she could be twelve.
Thora Birch also looks like she might make a good Emma. She also looks like she's about twelve. No offense to anyone who's twelve.
Sarah
TheGreenBubble

Postby Miruku on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 am

Excellent. I am incognito!
The twelve year olds obviously hate you now. They'll come after you in your sleep!
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Arkaina on Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Ashley Johnson would fit Emma if she didn't have such a high pitched voice.
Jason Behr could be Willem

As for Theo, I got nothing.
Arkaina
Regular Poster

Postby Aureolus on Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:48 pm

i dont pay much attention to actor names so dont be supprised if 90% of this is "that so n so person from that movie."

Emma: Reese Witherspoon

Theo: i agree with keanu reeves

Will: whats his face from must love dogs... (the guy whats her face falls in love with at the end of it all XD, HEY I WARNED YA!)

Brody: dude that plays house, on house...

Alicey: drew barymore

Marissa: <can't even place an idea here because i dont know or remember any movies that had a slightly bitchy girl in it that fit her ><>

Jeremiah: the guy that played John on "john tucker must die" (yes ive seen this. it was one of those.. there wasent anything else on days)
Aureolus
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:05 am

I :heart: John Cusack! (Must Love Dogs) He is cuteness itself.

Seems like the popular vote for Brody is Hugh Laurie (House).

Don't know John Tucker must die..I think Topher Grace is in that, though I doubt he's John Tucker...

Bleeeargh! Keanu Reeves= I understand why (to multiple people), but hopefully once I get around to showing his real personality and past, there will be a better popular pick.

Oddly, I think if you switched Drew and Reese around for Emma and Alicey, it would work really well. Reese looks right, but I think she's a little too mature.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Aureolus on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:08 am

miruku wrote:I :heart: John Cusack! (Must Love Dogs) He is cuteness itself.

Seems like the popular vote for Brody is Hugh Laurie (House).

Don't know John Tucker must die..I think Topher Grace is in that, though I doubt he's John Tucker...

Bleeeargh! Keanu Reeves= I understand why (to multiple people), but hopefully once I get around to showing his real personality and past, there will be a better popular pick.

Oddly, I think if you switched Drew and Reese around for Emma and Alicey, it would work really well. Reese looks right, but I think she's a little too mature.

XDDDD YOU READ MY MIND
i originally left drew as emma, but i switched them around thinking it looked better XD

and its Jesse Metcalfe who was john... (whuy didnt i think of googling movies before??)
Aureolus
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:18 am

Aureolus wrote:and its Jesse Metcalfe who was john... (whuy didnt i think of googling movies before??)

Yeah, considering I am the IMDb (Internet Mivie Database, in case you don't know) MASTER in my apartment....I should have...Considered it, actually, as I was looking at that movie yesterday (recognized an actress in it from another movie and was seeing what else she was in)...but I was too lazy...
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Aureolus on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:22 am

miruku wrote:
Aureolus wrote:and its Jesse Metcalfe who was john... (whuy didnt i think of googling movies before??)

Yeah, considering I am the IMDb (Internet Mivie Database, in case you don't know) MASTER in my apartment....I should have...Considered it, actually, as I was looking at that movie yesterday (recognized an actress in it from another movie and was seeing what else she was in)...but I was too lazy...

again you read my mind.. (thats allways my first stop when researchin' movies).. and no im not just saying that i really did stop their XD

btw aims up n runnin' soooooo ready whenever you are
Aureolus
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:17 pm

Oh my goodness. John Krasinski is Theo.

He just is.
There is no denying it.
He has the same nose I just starting drawing on him.
Aside from a number of other physical similarities/exact samenesses.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Return to Emma